The Last to Comment Wins

BlackFrost

I came across a youtube channel called tommyinnit and he looks familiar. Is he the guy who acts in the maze runner movie series as 'Newt'?

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
I've heard fight clubs and LOTR movies are better than the book but I don't read them :D. Too long, even Percy Jackson and Harry potter took me around 2 years to finish both of them.

BlackFrost

It took me about a year to read the full Percy Jackson series (when I was in 7th grade). I never read the Harry Potter books because I saw the movies and I felt bored when I read the books. Reading a book after seeing the movie makes me lose interest, but watching the movie after reading the book just gets me more interested, I don't know why though.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
maze runner?

MOVIE IS YIKES, GET THAT SHIT FUCK OUT OF MY FACE.

NOVEL IS GOOD AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Book 1 was nice. Book 2 was better. Book 3 starts to dwindle. The Kill Order is apt for its own name, if given to an ADHD patient.

The series never had a moment that truly went beyond a 8/10. Even its best book is, at max, a 7.5/10. It's okay. Characters BARELY have any characterizations, and it's only held up by its mystery which acts like a house of card in a windy evening if given ANY ounce of common sense or thought.

Still, it's fun. The kind of Olympus Has Fallen/White House Down kind of fun. Not something to ponder on, but something you put in the kitchen and read whenever you're waiting for the tea to boil.

Though I reckon if I had a glory wormhole directed to a random vacuum-mouthed prostitute right smack on my kitchen wall, I'd be using that rather than reading the book.

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member

Book 1 was nice. Book 2 was better. Book 3 starts to dwindle. The Kill Order is apt for its own name, if given to an ADHD patient.

The series never had a moment that truly went beyond a 8/10. Even its best book is, at max, a 7.5/10. It's okay. Characters BARELY have any characterizations, and it's only held up by its mystery which acts like a house of card in a windy evening if given ANY ounce of common sense or thought.

Still, it's fun. The kind of Olympus Has Fallen/White House Down kind of fun. Not something to ponder on, but something you put in the kitchen and read whenever you're waiting for the tea to boil.

Though I reckon if I had a glory wormhole directed to a random vacuum-mouthed prostitute right smack on my kitchen wall, I'd be using that rather than reading the book.
Oooh, you also read Psycome??? it's kinda meh novel imo. I like the side characters more than the female lead.

BenJepheneT

But ngl, the only thing that keep me reading it until finish is that red haired girl.
I gave up at book 2 and that took me half a year because I want to at least get as much value out of it as possible.

I bought it because gas masks are my kink but holy shit this isn't worth it at all

BenJepheneT

Wait, kill order is book 4 for you? It says prequel in the cover for me.
It's technically book 4 chronologically speaking. It is a prequel; and one that's more useful as a brick than actual reading material.

BlackFrost

It's technically book 4 chronologically speaking. It is a prequel; and one that's more useful as a brick than actual reading material.
I liked the start of kill order, but then it got so boring that I left it for over half a year before I managed to make myself to finish that book.