The Metus Contest

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
Should I stay as a simple witness? Or once again migrate to my god forsaken writing journal??? :sweating_profusely:

Lacy

Is there currently a link to a list of the entries in the competition? I know none are probably even published yet, but is there a sort of placeholder page I can keep an eye on?

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
Is there currently a link to a list of the entries in the competition? I know none are probably even published yet, but is there a sort of placeholder page I can keep an eye on?
Someone create a thtread?

mostlyharmfulll

TeaMate since day 1
What exactly does the first topic mean with "Halloween Aspect"? Does that mean the day Halloweeen has to be mentioned or does that mean I can take this one horror story I planned anyway and use it for the contest?

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Whelp. Time to do number 2 since it's the easiest.
Might also add some aspects of number 1 as a minor thing but number 3 is a bit too big brain for my smooth brain.

Mihou

Firefly—
Good luck to every single one of you! I wonder how this contest will go, fairly excited to spectate over the contest. >w<

Mihou

Firefly—
What exactly does the first topic mean with "Halloween Aspect"? Does that mean the day Halloweeen has to be mentioned or does that mean I can take this one horror story I planned anyway and use it for the contest?
From what I am hearing, people are taking the "Halloween" theme as horror, it is also mentioned in the thread that Halloween can be either, you can take the aspect of Halloween to be used as your main theme, (Horror, Deception).

Mihou

Firefly—
As soon as the founder, Tony comes online and sets up the contest for SH, there should be a link where you can view all the stories that are published and tagged as the contest.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
@Alverost Can you give more clarification on what you're expecting from Life Craft.
Are you meaning the story is about them starting to focus on a single craft, or about how they use their single craft in their life, or how they came to spend their life on a single craft and the result of having done so?

*doesn't really understand what it's asking for*
'-'

Could you give an example of what you're expecting from this, please?
>w<

X

Mihou

Firefly—
@Alverost Can you give more clarification on what you're expecting from Life Craft.
Are you meaning the story is about them starting to focus on a single craft, or about how they use their single craft in their life, or how they came to spend their life on a single craft and the result of having done so?

*doesn't really understand what it's asking for*
'-'

Could you give an example of what you're expecting from this, please?
>w<

X
From what I understand, I think it is similar to those sage mangas where the MC poured his entire life over mastering a single skill. Basically being useless, or trash in every other skill. But that is only how I interpret it.

And by lifetime, I mean the average lifespan of a human being.

Nahrenne

From what I understand, I think it is similar to those sage mangas where the MC poured his entire life over mastering a single skill. Basically being useless, or trash in every other skill. But that is only how I interpret it.

And by lifetime, I mean the average lifespan of a human being.
So, the story has to be set after they've lived their life honing the skill?
'-'

X

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
So, the story has to be set after they've lived their life honing the skill?
'-'

X
"Anything where somebody is purposely dedicating their life to a single thing should count" (Ace Arriande, one of the contest sponsors)

So no. During is fine too, or rather, the sponsor seemed to think that it should be during, not after, since if it was after, it would just be a backstory and not the theme.

Nahrenne

"Anything where somebody is purposely dedicating their life to a single thing should count" (Ace Arriande, one of the contest sponsors)

So no. During is fine too, or rather, the sponsor seemed to think that it should be during, not after, since if it was after, it would just be a backstory and not the theme.
I see.
'o'

*huggles BinSo*

X

Ninetailed_Furball

Normally the life skill bit would refer to the dedication of raising the skill itself, but could the story be about the usage of the skill towards some sort of goal instead?

Like, having some sort of special skill (supernatural or not), and the story is about the use of that skill towards the person's life goal?

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Whelp. Time to do number 2 since it's the easiest.
Might also add some aspects of number 1 as a minor thing but number 3 is a bit too big brain for my smooth brain.
Do you even have time for it or is it hiatus again?

It'll be edited into the original post soon. I'll make a new thread for it later.

@Nahrenne what the doggo/binary said.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Normally the life skill bit would refer to the dedication of raising the skill itself, but could the story be about the usage of the skill towards some sort of goal instead?

Like, having some sort of special skill (supernatural or not), and the story is about the use of that skill towards the person's life goal?
The main idea is the dedication to the one single craft. As long as you can show that then it's fine.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Halloween aspect refer to taking any aspect from Halloween and running with it. So yes a horror story would work.

AbigailWP

Producer-Rapper-Writer-Cultivator-Fellow Human
I dont understand,,, where is the smut requirement??? Is smut just implied???