The Quote Depository

There were various genres that I could relate to when I envisioned Morita's designing style, such as the once famous 'Grow the Princess' game where one would raise their 'daughter' from childhood to marriage, etc…

'No. Even though I have countless memories of famous masterpiece games in my head, I won't copy from them."

Up until now, when I was making Dragon Emblem and Psychic Battle, I had not copied the originals. Even if I was leading the industry with these new genres, I knew I had my morals to preserve.

-Game Market 1983

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
306.png

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Educative about the concept of morality. :blob_reach:

"Our strength consists in our speed and in our brutality. Genghis Khan led millions of women and children to slaughter – with premeditation and a happy heart. History sees in him solely the founder of a state. It's a matter of indifference to me what a weak western European civilization will say about me. I have issued the command – and I'll have anybody who utters but one word of criticism executed by a firing squad – that our war aim does not consist in reaching certain lines, but in the physical destruction of the enemy. Accordingly, I have placed my death-head formation in readiness – for the present only in the East – with orders to them to send to death mercilessly and without compassion, men, women, and children of Polish derivation and language. Only thus shall we gain the living space which we need. Who, after all, speaks today of the annihilation of the Armenians? "

- A. H.

D

Deleted member 12959

"Wolves wander the world eating meat, while dogs wander the world eating sh*t, such is the way of life."

- A xianxia novel.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
"Wolves wander the world eating meat, while dogs wander the world eating sh*t, such is the way of life."

- A xianxia novel.
Wolves wander while eating meat, dogs sit home all day lazing around and get healthy food for free though~

Dogs clearly live the better life~

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
"I once saw a man hanging from a cliff. The brink was crumbling under his fingers, and the only thing near enough to grasp was a tuft of grass, a few long blades with roots barely clinging to the rock. The only chance he had of climbing back up on the cliff. So he grabbed it. I've always wondered why he even bothered? He had to know it would pull free." ~ Asmodean from Wheel Of Time series.

"A computer once beat me in chess. But it was no match for me at kickboxing" ( No idea about author. Read it somewhere)

"If something smiles at you with far too many teeth, you should probably shoot it" (A novel I once read, can't remember author. Just remember laughing at how unexpected that line was)

Dude,,,,I love these!!!!!

BenJepheneT

"I once saw a man hanging from a cliff. The brink was crumbling under his fingers, and the only thing near enough to grasp was a tuft of grass, a few long blades with roots barely clinging to the rock. The only chance he had of climbing back up on the cliff. So he grabbed it. I've always wondered why he even bothered? He had to know it would pull free." ~ Asmodean from Wheel Of Time series.
holy shit this is good. it shows that in our lowest, we will discard rationality even if it means a sliver of hope

Yiphen

Chaotic Lil' Demon
"A: 'I want a hot drink'
B: 'I need to pee'
B: 'We share a common interest'
A: 'No, we do not.'"
-Some manga

"I need to be fucked by something other than my life"
-Miu Iruma

“Ah.”
“What is it, young master-nim?”

Cale rummaged through his magic bag as he responded.

“Everybody, masks on.”

The mask that Cale had taken off to eat had returned. The group let out a collective sigh before taking out their masks as well. Cale gave them a few commands once everybody had their masks on.

-Trash of the Count's Family

Sounds pretty nice for the Covid protocol

It was only in comic books where rage created strength.

In fact, under the influence of the Power of Rage, all thoughts become obscured by anger, and movements become chaotic and simple.

Therefore, inflicting rage on himself for strength in this situation would not make any sense.

Now that the hobgoblin had lost all rationality, he was like an open book for Kang Yu.

It doesn’t matter how strong you are if you can’t make good use of your strength.

-Player who returned 10000 years later

I really like this quote

OkuraTsukiko

[Peace was never an option]
"Pity yourself and your life becomes an endless nightmare"

If you weebs know where this came from, cheers mates :blob_reach:

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a Heav’n of Hell, . . .

—John Milton,
Paradise Lost

The dragon in shallow waters became the butt of shrimps.

—Chinese Proverb

Last edited:

OneRanter

Southern Unorthodox MaskMaker
"A writer never forgets the first time he accepted a few coins or a word of praise in exchange for a story. He will never forget the sweet poison of vanity in his blood, and the belief that, if he succeeds in not letting anyone discover his lack of talent, the dream of literature will provide him with a roof over his head, a hot meal at the end of the day, and what he covets the most: his name printed on a miserable piece of paper that surely will outlive him. A writer is condemned to remember that moment, because from then on he is doomed and his soul has a price."

By Carlos Ruiz Zafón in The Angel's Game

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
The present world is Dream. Dreams at night are truth.

—Yūko Ichihara,
xxxHolic

The brain is a microcosm creating its own stories. People then live out these stories.

—Seiichi Kirima,
Boogiepop Phantom

Anyone can die, but living takes real courage.

—Himura Kenshin,
Rurouni Kenshin

Blessed are they who earn their livelihood without harming others.

—Buddha

All warfare is based on deception.

—Sun Tzu,
The Art of War

Truth is not what you want it it be; it is what it is. And you must bend to its power or live a lie.

—Miyamoto Musashi,
The Book of Five Rings

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
"Then one day......the Fire Nation attacked."

Nah I'm kidding, here's the quotes.

"If you wish to be different, then that's fine. You can be. No one can stop you. But there is one thing you must remember before you go against the norm: No one has to accept you. No one has to be nice to you. You are entitled to no one's kindness. If you wish to different, whether it be gay, trans, asexual, purple, green, blue, or what have you, you have to be willing to accept the consequences of announcing it. If you can't, then shut up. The world is not a nice place and it never will be. Accept that, or suffer terribly from trying to change what will not be changed."

"No one can defend and care for you better than you."

"Nobody panics when someone of authority says things are going according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying! Sheep. All of you"

"You ever dance with the devil in pale moonlight?"

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! I just....do things"

"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them all away. Forever"

"Do you want to know why I use a knife? You see, guns are too quick. You can't saviour all of the little.....emotions. In their last moments, people show you who they really are. So, in a way....I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?"

"Greed may not be good, but it's not so bad either. People think greed is just for money and power, but everyone wants something they don't have don't they?"

"The only ones who should be allowed to commit murder are those who accept that they too could be killed at any moment."

"I'm fine with being a monster. I neither want nor need anything to protect. I just want to kill anyone that looks at me sideways until the memories finally go away."

"Maybe that was why I adored horror movies and true crime. I identified with the villain, the foe, the outsider. I was always the person that didn't belong. And so I lashed out."

"There is nothing that quite fascinates the public more than a beautiful man with an ugly soul".

"Life is not like a movie. Both the villain and the hero die in the end."

"The only difference between a hero and a villain is who is telling the story."

"May all your bacon burn..."

"In order for the mediocre to defeat the mighty, they must become monsters."

"The world is tragic. Cruel. Disgusting. Miserable. Empty. But that is also why it is beautiful."

"We weep for the blood of a bird, but not for the blood of a fish. Blessed are those with a voice. If the dolls could speak, no doubt they would scream about how they didn't want to be human".

"Teachings that do not speak of pain have no real meaning because humankind cannot gain anything if we don't lose something first."

"True change cannot be made if it is bound by laws and limitations, predictions and imagination."

"Knowledge and awareness are vague constructs and have a lot in common with illusions. Everyone lives by their own interpretations of what is or isn't."

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Freedom isn't the will to do anything you like but the abandonment of desires.