The Quote Depository

> You say "Orenji-kun" Oren seems displeased... "(Sigh) So you can understand me after all. I'm glad to meet you, human. I am Oren, and I will be leading this army. I have a lovely bunch of coconuts. So fresh, so delicious. I could eat a dozen right now." He strokes his neatly trimmed goatee, and you can't tell if he's being serious or not. "You should try some.
> You make a heavy metal song about coconuts. You run to the coconuts and begin mashing away at them with your hands. The hammering isn't enough to cause enough damage, so you pull out your axe and start chopping at the coconuts.
> You say "the coconut nut is a big big nut"
The first coconut splits open. "It's been a while since I had a coconut."You continue chopping. "I wonder how this works." The second and third cocunt fall open. the coconut loves it. "I can't remember the last time I had a coconut." You continue chopping. "I don't have a lot of money, I think I'll get a pack of coconuts." By chopping coconuts, you gain tons of levels and the mastery of [Coconut Lore]. "I'm really good with coconuts. I could make a living doing this, but I'm looking for something more."

The fourth and fifth cocunt open. the coconut loves it. You became able to use Coconut Magic to defeat the mightiest God. "I think I'll get a coconut." The sixth and seventh cocunt fall open. the coconut loves it. You become able to use Coconut Power to rule the world. You are the Coconut God. "I love coconuts." Oren is amazed by your abilities... "(Sigh) Why do I feel like this isn't a good idea?" He takes out his sword and attacks you.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
If you give up freedom for security, you deserve neither.
y'know what, i think i'll confess

if I were to be in a war movie, i'd be that timid weasel who sells out the good guys/bad guys which all the audiences hate. I'm no big shot and neither am I a man with standards. i'd do the most unhonourable shit if it means i'd live to see another day.

which is why I'll probably be the first to die in a zombie apocalypse if I land in the wrong survival group

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
y'know what, i think i'll confess

if I were to be in a war movie, i'd be that timid weasel who sells out the good guys/bad guys which all the audiences hate. I'm no big shot and neither am I a man with standards. i'd do the most unhonourable shit if it means i'd live to see another day.

which is why I'll probably be the first to die in a zombie apocalypse if I land in the wrong survival group
I'm pretty sure I'd just be a mercenary. Work for whoever paid the highest. If I had loved ones then I'm sure I could sell most of them out for a better pay day. Now, their might be one or two I could not bring myself to betray, but I find it unlikely. I've lost most of my tolerance for humanity as a whole.

But who knows?

BenJepheneT

I'm pretty sure I'd just be a mercenary. Work for whoever paid the highest. If I had loved ones then I'm sure I could sell most of them out for a better pay day. Now, their might be one or two I could not bring myself to betray, but I find it unlikely. I've lost most of my tolerance for humanity as a whole.

But who knows?
i've got a feeling one of us is gonna end up in a ditch if we were to be put in an apocalypse together

lilGoat

"You're interesting only to the extent you're interested"

Discount_Blade

i've got a feeling one of us is gonna end up in a ditch if we were to be put in an apocalypse together
Most likely me just due to the sheer statistics involved in me being a merc.

I assume you would be a loner-wandering-drifter type individual. Automatically grants you a higher chance by default.

BenJepheneT

I assume you would be a loner-wandering-drifter type individual. Automatically grants you a higher chance by default.
Me? No, I understand strength in numbers. Maybe a little too well. If shit goes down and I'm the only one, I'm dead. But if shit goes down and I'm around people, I might get a shot at escaping.

I'll be the first to sell people out, to be honest. If all the cards are down and it's up to either your nutsacks or mine, you bet I'm keeping my man marbles.

The_Long_Serpent

Eccentric Creator
ALL HAIL TRUCK FARMER
ALL HAIL TRUCK FARMER

-quote from the end of MTS3K's riff on the short of the same name

Discount_Blade

Me? No, I understand strength in numbers. Maybe a little too well. If shit goes down and I'm the only one, I'm dead. But if shit goes down and I'm around people, I might get a shot at escaping.

I'll be the first to sell people out, to be honest. If all the cards are down and it's up to either your nutsacks or mine, you bet I'm keeping my man marbles.
Well its best for a person to understand themselves better than they understand someone else. It's also a sign of wisdom. Or something akin to wisdom at least.

Anyway, get to posting that Fallout fanfic. I NEED a minimum of ten dammit or it's like handing a crackhead one rock and no lighter. Amusing and terrible all at once.

BenJepheneT

Anyway, get to posting that Fallout fanfic. I NEED a minimum of ten dammit or it's like handing a crackhead one rock and no lighter. Amusing and terrible all at once.
Catch me standing on the corner of the room watching you like this for the better half of the month:

Last edited:

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Fox-Trot-9

Friedrich Nietzsche is awesome for quotes.

My favorite by him, also one of his more controversial statements for obvious reasons:

There are no facts, only interpretations.
Ah, that quote is soooo true! Nietzche is one of the bravest thinkers of all time, right up there with Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung.

Fox-Trot-9

Here's one of my all-time favorite quotes:

Your skin is not paper, don't cut it.
Your face isn't a mask, don't hide it.
Your size isn't a book, don't judge it.
Your life is not a film, don't end it.
Your story is an inspiration, be proud of it.

Anonymous

12.26.20 10:56 pm how do you find direction in life​

go in any direction, and it will find you

- bill wurtz

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
When your day is long
and the night,
the night is yours alone,
when you're sure you've had enough
of this life, well hang on.
Don't let yourself go,
'cause everybody cries
and everybody hurts
sometimes.
~ R.E.M. ~

(It's a music lyrics you can search it in youtube and no it's not the REM you thinking about you weebs >:(

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
It’s a green hollow, where a river is singing
Crazily hanging on the grasses rags
Of silver; where the sun, from the proud mountain,
Is shinning: it’s a little valley bubbling with sunlight.

A young soldier, his mouth open, his head bare,
And the nape of his neck bathing in cool blue watercress,
Is sleeping; he is stretched out on the grass, under the skies,
Pale in his green bed where the light falls like rain.

Feet in the gladiolas, he is sleeping.Smiling like
A sick child would smile, he takes a nap:
Nature, rock him warmly: he is cold.

Fragrances do not make his nostrils quiver;
He sleeps in the sun, hand on the breast,
Peacefully. He has two red holes in his right side.
—Arthur Rimbaud
I read “Le Dormeur du Val” initially in my French Comprehension course in University. It always stuck with me, probably from the imagery it evokes. I posted an English translation, but I think it’s much more suitable in its native language French. One of my favorites.

“Ugh…” I like Mickey Mouse, he has two balls. ” Mengmeng said as she drew a circle with her little finger.

- Godly Stay Home Dad

This is really gold if taken out of context.