There's no #1 best author in the world. Here's Why...

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
My personal #1 is John Ringo, and yes he is related to that Jinny Ringo

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
If you want to determine the #1 best author, the first thing is that everyone has to agree on the criteria authors should be judged on.

If we go buy the most read and distributed for instance, The Bible wins.

Without an agreed criteria there is no debate.

SailusGebel

If you want to determine the #1 best author, the first thing is that everyone has to agree on the criteria authors should be judged on.

If we go buy the most read and distributed for instance, The Bible wins.

Without an agreed criteria there is no debate.
-_-

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Everyone saying bible can't count. The question was about the author, not the book. The bible was written by more than one person, so saying the bible has the best author is like saying an orchestre is the best instrument...

Anywhat, gonna say the Grimm brothers just because of their impact on fairytales.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
What's your top 5 favourite stories? The answer that you give will prove my point.
"Sweet Dreams Are Made Of Teeth"
"Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm A Supervillain"
"The Greatest Real Estate Developer"
"Orochimama"
"Chrysalis"
The only book that truly matters is the bible. #1 author found.
Lol. No. That book sucks! Which just proves the original thread-maker's point, because to me, that's one of the worst books I have ever read.
"...please them to the point that they feel like they're the luckiest person in the universe. That's the start."

I love that. I wouldn't want to try and make everyone happy. The people I want to make happy are the people who love the story. If they fall out of love with the story then I missed up somewhere along the way.

Edit: More than all of that, I want to be the one to love my story the most. If I fall out of love with my story it will show, and the readers won't like it either.
#Based. I would have done that, but I am not that brave.
This thread has devolved. It's nice.
LMAO! I just imagined you sitting down in a metaphorical representation of the thread as it devolves and burns around just saying "This thread has devolved. It's nice."
The real best writer is whoever invented writing.

Seriously. that gal enabled all of modern anything to exist
Amen sister!

Last edited: