There's no #1 best author in the world. Here's Why...

BlackKnightX

Of course, not everyone loves the same thing. That's why writing fully for your target reader is the best thing you can do. Why? Because if you can hella please a certain group of people, words will get around, and a little less interested people will give your story a try. Words will spread even further, and more and more people outside of your target demographic will start to notice your work. As the popularity is getting bigger and bigger, it will eventually reach the group of people who have opposite taste and preference to your target reader. They will hate your work, but by that point, you don't care any more. Why? Hell, cuz you've already made it big. That's it, you've peaked. Congrats. So, don't try to please everyone. You can't. Just try to please at least one person, please them to the point that they feel like they're the luckiest person in the universe. That's the start.

EnoraTwilight

My brain have wrinkles
"...please them to the point that they feel like they're the luckiest person in the universe. That's the start."
please them to the point that they feel like they're the luckiest person in the universe. That's the start.
I love that. I wouldn't want to try and make everyone happy. The people I want to make happy are the people who love the story. If they fall out of love with the story then I missed up somewhere along the way.

Edit: More than all of that, I want to be the one to love my story the most. If I fall out of love with my story it will show, and the readers won't like it either.

Last edited:

EnoraTwilight

My brain have wrinkles
There's no number 1 book in the world...but there's always a number 1 New York Times bestseller...every damn time I look around on the bookshelves of my bookstore. (Like, what the fuck? Is this even legit anymore, or they just put it there for added flair?)
5 million New York Times bestsellers a year.

AuthorsDread

There's no number 1 book in the world...but there's always a number 1 New York Times bestseller...every damn time I look around on the bookshelves of my bookstore. (Like, what the fuck? Is this even legit anymore, or they just put it there for added flair?)
Bestseller everywhere! When will they come up with the Bestbuyer...
No. One of my friends made it for me
The cover is really sick, not gonna lie.