Pull the lever!

• yes

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • no

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

Tsuru

Robot
I looked around to see if this had previously been discussed on the forums. I couldn't find a thread that showed it, so I thought I'd make it. Serious answer only, although feel free to go haywire in the replies.

I don't think I need to explain it, but just in case:

Before you stand two train tracks, running side by side.​
The first track has five people, all upon it tied.​
The second track- only one- similarly bound.​
In the distance, a chugging; the train starts to sound.​
Your hands rest on a lever, the six start to cry;​
Pull it, and kill the one, or let the five die?

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Necro aside.

Any railroad enthusiasts knows the correct answer. You can derail a train by switching tracks as it passes over it. Seeing as trolleys are a low mass, low speed rail vehicle. Risk of anyone dying in a derailment is low.

There you have it. The correct answer.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Necro aside.

Any railroad enthusiasts knows the correct answer. You can derail a train by switching tracks as it passes over it. Seeing as trolleys are a low mass, low speed rail vehicle. Risk of anyone dying in a derailment is low.

There you have it. The correct answer.
But then no one dies!? :blob_teary:

HungrySheep

I like yuri
This is a boring trolly problem.

THERE IS A CIRCULAR TRACK.

On the track is a trolly. It is powered by electricity. It will never run out of power. It goes around and around. You have a switch. If you flip the switch, the trolly comes to a stop, then reverses direction. If you keep flipping it constantly, you can basically keep it still. If you stop, it takes about three minutes to complete a circle.

They chain a five year old girl on the tracks.
They lock you in a room with the switch and a window that lets you look right at the girl.
At best, you can time it so you can wait two minutes 59 seconds before flipping the switch, or she dies at 3 minutes.

They will not let you out until the girl is dead.
No Food. No water. No breaks.

So. What do you do?
I'm sorry, little one.

SternenklarenRitter

Interesting... We have a pretty high proportion of people saying "don't pull the lever." Normally about 90% of the general population will say pull the lever, but less than 70% here would.

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
The trolly problem is fun. Anyways, the correct answer is to create a bkack hole to reverse the direction of the trolley. Once that happens, make the black hole cease to exist and create another one to pull the trolley off the tracks.

Now if you want to kill everyone, which I will be doing, then create a portal and send the trolley flying into space. Use a black hold to slingshot it back into another portal and aim between the people. If you did everything correctly, the impact should vaporize everything in a 50 mile radius and create a nuclear winter along with tsunamis that are a few hundred feet tall
Interesting... We have a pretty high proportion of people saying "don't pull the lever." Normally about 90% of the general population will say pull the lever, but less than 70% here would.
This is the forums. We’re all insane here and pretty blood thirsty. I think at least half of us eat human souls for breakfast. (Or I do at least.)

i'm just wondering if you can destroy the train by pulling the lever only halfway, thus potentially killing everyone on the train as they slip on the partly closed tracks and go boom. probably ones on the tracks as well via collateral damage.