UM, BEARDS

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
I don't have a thing for beards. I really like beards bc they are cool, but I think I want too many of my MC's to have beards. Already have one established to have a beard. The other one is a Viking so beards are a must-have. But not that I'm thinking about it, I imagine so many of my MC's with beards like, a lot of em. Of the top of my head, I can name 3 MC's I want to have beards. Do I have a problem?

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Nah, I don't think so. Beards are culturally a symbol of masculinity by western society, but there were societies like ancient Rome in which beards were seen as an animalistic trait of uncivilized barbarians.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I depends on the setting of your story more than anything else. If your story is set in Asia, a few people may have beards, but not many:

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
I depends on the setting of your story more than anything else. If your story is set in Asia, a few people may have beards, but not many:
Nahh all of em western places.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I don't have a thing for beards. I really like beards bc they are cool, but I think I want too many of my MC's to have beards. Already have one established to have a beard. The other one is a Viking so beards are a must-have. But not that I'm thinking about it, I imagine so many of my MC's with beards like, a lot of em. Of the top of my head, I can name 3 MC's I want to have beards. Do I have a problem?
Ai-chan hates bearded men. It's fine if it's just a simple goatee, but if it's longer than 2 inches, that's way too long!

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I feel a bit biased since I have a beard and think it's great but it depends on the setting. Most of the time, a beard is welcome and good for a story's characters while other times it would be weird and clash with the setting.

AnUnknownMan

If there is nothing to shave with you can just say it grows over time until a barber shop is found. The it depends on the culture your character and their friends finds themselves.