VAMPIRE AUCTIONS

Nonameavailable

So, I have been thinking. If vampires held an auction, what do you think the items in the auctions would be?

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Uh... probably a mix of what normally someone would find in auctions (or at least luxury ones) since some vampires may still have their human sensibilities and likings to those kinds of things. Otherwise, probably things like humans, probably young ones, to serve as servants/'livestock'.

Not that I would have any knowledge on the matter, just my two cents.

lambchap

X-quality blood (livestocks), Fancy armors/outfits, Exotic pets or mounts, and last but not the least, Information (concoction or location of some amazing Elixir against sunlight, shape-shift, or something like that)

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
So, I have been thinking. If vampires held an auction, what do you think the items in the auctions would be?
Nothing special. They are just humans that drink blood, why would you assume they would be any different in this regard? They would be into antiques, artworks, weird shit.
Obviously some humans would be thrown in.
But that already happens with regular humans.

Unless their is a mystical element to this, there would be no real difference.
Like, "next on our list is the Eye of Agamotto! Capable of allowing one to roam the dreams of others!"

Like that's literally the only factor that would change what items would be at an auction for vampires, magic.

Mechaphobic

What we should really be discussing is a vampire's view on things like tampons for example. Would a vampire see this in a similar way to how someone in a third world country would look at Americans throwing away their leftovers at a fast food place? Would the vampires have an Anti-tamp movement? I think these are much more interesting topics.

I would want to ask him what his view on band-aids is.

What we should really be discussing is a vampire's view on things like tampons for example. Would a vampire see this in a similar way to how someone in a third world country would look at Americans throwing away their leftovers at a fast food place? Would the vampires have an Anti-tamp movement? I think these are much more interesting topics.

Maybe they wouldn't even like it

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Fake garlic to prove that they're not a vampire.
Either that or garlic-neutralizing serum/

Szaku

i love the way your mind works. :sneaky:

my answer is kinda boring but id imagine they'd be pretty big on whatever new vampire-specific technologies get created. UV shielding, creams and lotions that enable them to walk around in daylight. synthetic mosquito drones that let them draw blood from whomever whenever and wherever completely unbeknownst to the host and leave em all itchy. like if you've ever spent a day browsing ebay/amazon/etsy randomly and saw the sheer volume of random things people come up with (even before 3d printing was a thing) there's probably a load of ideas one could come up with to retrofit for vampire specific needs.

..probably :unsure:

Jemini

Gotta think vampire perspective here.

1. Do humans have food as items up for auction? No? Well then blood will likely not appear at a vampire auction either.

2. Vampires were once humans and have a lot of human sensibilities. The only real difference is they are extremely long lived, and as a result usually have a lot of money and power. This will likely make them look for art items similar to the wealthiest humans. Conspiculously absent though would be any form of interpretation-based art made in the modern era. I have a feeling they would look at humans and scoff disdainfully at things like babadism.

3. In regards to comments people have made about auctioning humans. Well... I suppose that is a possibility, but they would not be looking for blood sacks. They would be looking for people who could serve as high-end servants, likely as their vampiric children. In other words, they would be looking for someone to turn and who would be very useful to them once turned.

4. These items are assuming a Bham Stoker world in which vampires are creatures in the modern world with no extraordinary fantasy elements aside from the existence of vampires themselves. If you have a little magic and lore worked into your world though, then the vampires might also be looking for magical artifacts specifically related to vampires. They would like any magic artifact a human would as well, but the ones related specifically to vampires would be the ones to set the auction apart from a more normal one in terms of how the patrons would react to the items.

Last edited:

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Paracetamol. Why paracetamol? Because it thins the blood and makes it easier to digest. Especially if the blood is like an hour old.

Derin_Edala

They'd auction service contracts to break into museums and get each others' ancient letters and favourite jewellery back.