We Need a Bank

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
@Tony, will there be a bank in the forums like in NUF? Coz, I really want a coffee cup beside my username. Also, the bank is amusing.

70th_Food_Envoy

Would you please elucidate for the poor people who don't use NUF
In nuf we have nuffies which we can use to buy various effects like an icon next to someones username. There is a variety of icons from stars, cookies, coffee mugs to holiday themed ones.
You can also use it to change your username and other fun gimmicks.
You earn nuffies from posting in the forums, around $5-25 per post. I'm not sure about the specifics.
The highest priced item in the store is [Get Tony to Tease Parth37955] for $1,000,000/day.
The items in the shop are only for a day or a week. when it expires you need to purchase it again if you want the icon to say.
Name change is permanent.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Would you please elucidate for the poor people who don't use NUF
Sure. Basically, the bank has your imaginary forum money plus a shop. Here's a sample of shop items:

Some icons:

Usual icon placement:

All of it is just for amusement really.

Kotohood

Noob Author
You have no need for a bank if you don't have money.

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
well, if it's scribblehub, maybe we can earn money by posting chapters as well as forum posts? Of course, you'd have to have restrictions in place like once a day, but still.

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
Another pressing matter: What would the scribblehub currency be called? scribblebux? scribbles?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
cool let's do that

but if there ever comes a day where these points can be bought from real world cash is the day the line gets crossed

Another pressing matter: What would the scribblehub currency be called? scribblebux? scribbles?
Scrubbux

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Does unofficial transactions between two people count?.

I vote that we call the currency Tonies.
I'm all for Tonies. "Donate Tonies for a cause" sounds very compelling. Named after our founder, the great Tony-sama.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I like scribbles as a currency tbh, it sounds cute~

Blitz

『⛰Ping-Pong Cat❄️』『⚡️New member⚡️』
I vaguely remember appealing to Tony to name it scribbles whenever he releases it on here a couple months backs

Scribbles sounds the most fitting too.

Tony

Staff member
@Tony, will there be a bank in the forums like in NUF? Coz, I really want a coffee cup beside my username. Also, the bank is amusing.

Will there be a bank like NUF? Of course! How could I get users addicted to gambling without a currency system? :blob_okay:

I mean... yeah... there will be a bank for the forums because it'll be fun. I'm not in a rush to add it though so it could be months or even longer before I can get to it. I'm still focusing on the main site (SH) for now.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
The introduction of a bank system, where virtual currency is earned in return for making posts, will become a dynamic that changes the way users interact with the forums. Specifically, there will be a trend of unknown magnitude for a user to increase the volume of their posts while decreasing post length due to the reward incentive of obtaining currency.

It is uncertain whether reduced post length would affect the quality of the posts either positively or negatively. In one sense, reduction in length could make posts more succinct and efficient, or people may post more vigorously out of self-interest for currency with lessened interest in quality.

The only certainty is that there would be an increased incentive to post, which would likely lead to increased forum posting.

I believe that posts alone should not generate significant amounts of currency. It would make much more sense that liked posts should generate currency if the goal was to increase worthwhile content on the site.

Last edited:

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
I mean, just look at what happens when people want that custom title....

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Will there be a bank like NUF? Of course! How could I get users addicted to gambling without a currency system? :blob_okay:

I mean... yeah... there will be a bank for the forums because it'll be fun. I'm not in a rush to add it though so it could be months or even longer before I can get to it. I'm still focusing on the main site (SH) for now.
:blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww:

Remember to add the Get Tony to Tease @Aster option for 1,000,000 scribbles~