Welcome thread for the newbies!

D

Deleted member 94405

Hello everyone. I'm Omatsuly. I'm looking for some new novels to read. I currently don't write myself, but mostly because I'm not sure where to start off. So I hope to get inspired by talented writers out there! Would love to join the discussions to chat about writing tips in the future!

RaidenReader

Name/Nickname you want us to call you
Hobbies/interests
Genres you read often/tags you often look for
Your favourite novel/read and WHY; please state why at least since we wanna know more about what type of reads you like and it might help people to find out if they can contribute to your reading list
and even some of the stories you wrote on scribble hub.
Then add anything you like

My name is RaidenReader! As for a nickname... I dunno. Nobody gets to actually pick their nicks, it is picked for them!

I like reading. I used to play a lot of League, but I stopped during the start of the pandemic cuz I got sick of playing it all day. The toxicity did not help.
Now I don't really play anything at all. I just read!

As for genres, I like isekais! I inhale that stuff. Even though I hate generic MCs, I still do it. I can't stop. Please send help.
Particularly in the isekai genre, I like one where worlds are based on games or novels! (Though there aren't a whole lot of them, and they're difficult to find sometimes cuz they get jumbled with the rest.)

My favorite novel is Overlord. Aside from liking how it's based on a game, I like the world-buidling. A few characters. And it's one of the few power fantasies that I like.
I am eternally sadful that Maruyama plans to end it at Volume 17.

I haven't written anything. But I like giving authors headpats in the hopes that they don't get burnt out. Cuz that's happened a lot...
(This is in other sites, using a different account. Since I'm new to smuthub Scribblehub.

Others... well, as you can probably tell, I am a Raiden Shogun simp. I just love her love her love her love her!
I don't even play Genshin Impact! LOL:blobrofl:
But I do have a bunch of her merch!
If anyone knows of any fanfics for her, please hook me up! I can't seem to find any here.
Since this place is famous for smut, I was ready to reduce my body's moisture content by reading a few fanfics for her, but I can't!

pelpelen

I ignored this and didn't read it until now but i guess i'm doing even if it's a bit late.
I'm pelpelen, my name being from me smashing my keyboard.
I like sleeping, writing and battles. And i'm currently replayin elfen ring for the 3rd time going for the platinum reward.
I just read op manic mc's... After writing it down i'm questioning my likes.
My favorite novel... Haven't read much so can't think of one. But as i said, as long as there is interesting fights i'm in

And most importantly i like eating infants!!

HasegawaKein

I still haven't introduced myself even though I've been uploading my story for a few weeks.
My name is Kein or nickname pekopon (old nickname)
My hobbies are writting and read right now. I work full time as a artist too.
My favorite novel? I like a lot of them, I wouldn't know which one to choose. I really like the mystery and horror genre of authors like Lovecraft, Machen, Bloch; although I also read a lot of light novels too.

Cutegirl920fire

Hello, I'm Cutegirl920fire and I simp hard for Marie Antoinette. You can call me CG for short.
My hobbies include drawing, writing, gaming, and browsing the internet.
I like reading fantasy, sci-fi, and horror
My favorite novel is Carrie; although because of my ADHD, I tend to struggle with reading, especially with visual-less novels, nowadays
I also like history and consider myself a history nerd!

SamTolan

Name/Nickname you want us to call you: Sam, Kino, Samantha.

Hobbies/interests: Writing, reading, learning new things, arts and crafts, editing, gaming.

Genres you often read/tags you usually look for: reverse harem, yandere (male as well), fantasy of all types, cultivation, fairy tales, horror, thriller, mystery, space opera, steampunk, gothic, dark fantasy, paranormal, magic, myths, history, and I give most tags and subgenres a chance.

Your favorite novel/read and WHY: I don't have a favorite, but I tend to read what I write. So all kinds of supernatural and cosmic horror, all kinds of fantasy, horror, psychological, history, fairy tales, magic, and so on. Though I haven't been big on fanfiction for a while, I would take most suggestions for both fanfiction and original. Feel free to message me about different books to try on scribblehub.

I have yet to upload a story here, but I will in the coming weeks as I write the backlog. It takes on many of my fascinations for different genres and types of stories, from mythology to fairy tales and eastern to western fantasy tropes. It would be a massive serial, which I feel would work far better here than on Royal Road.

I am also a refugee of Royal Road. After upwards of five different attempts to write and being torn apart (the story and myself) many times to the point of several mental breaks, I heard about this site. So far, it seems to be far more open-minded and at least wouldn't be attacking me that badly.

It is wonderful to meet you all.

Unregistered

Name: Akito Takahashi
Nickname: Akito-sama
Hobbies: Reading (Obviously.)
Genres Preferred: Time-Travel and Fanfics
Summary of Akito-sama: I'm not particularly picky on what I read. As long as the writer's motivated enough to tell an interesting story, I'm willing to engage in their series. Apart from that, my main ambition is to finish my fanfic. After months of planning, multiple chapters are being released by the day. Not asking for any one to read it, of course. I just enjoy seeing and being around author's who have similar tastes and interests. It helps fuel our inspiration. If you're going to address me by name, don't forget the "sama" at the end. :blob_cookie:

MsBamasAngel

Hello, my name is Becky. I like to read, write, listen to music, etc. I have one story that I'm working on. I hope that people like it. I'll add all my chapters up to chapter four. I usually post on Tuesday and Thursday.

Rice

Nothing is inevitable, from dust we came, and to dust, we return.

Life is but feeble, a mark I left today, forgotten along with history.

To ponder or to act, it all ends the same.

For I am Rice, for Rice is me.

itseanemone

Hobbies/interests
Your favourite novel/read and WHY; please state why at least since we wanna know more about what type of reads you like and it might help people to find out if they can contribute to your reading list

Wow, so I just happen to finally have free time in order to properly explore Scribble Hub. Apologies for this late introduction.

Hello, this is "itseanemone" and you can refer to me as Nemo. I watched the movie but I loved Dory more. I just like the name Nemo.

I have a wide variety of interest because I'm not that type of person to stick to one. It changes everyday and usually I don't dig a particular one. The main reason probably why I'm finding it hard to find friends. :(

Anyways, I usually read romance especially with settings like high school or childhood cause I don't have one and in the depths of my heart, I wanna have one. Im also loving horror, thriller, mystery genre these days but don't ask me any recommendations yet cause I tend to forget their titles.

As for the favourite novel...that would be quite hard to pinpoint but sure. The following are my favourites (in no particular order):

1. I've Transmigrated Into this Movie Before
2. I don't like the world, I only like you
3. I seemed unsuited for dating
4. The youthful you who was beautiful
5. Just blame for being blind in the beginning
6. I advise you to like me as soon as possible
7. The trivial matter of divorce
8. The CEO villainess childhood friend
9. Please confess to me
10. Rebirth on the Doors to the Civil Affairs Bureau

I'll stop at ten but there are so many. I haven't even included my korean smuts yet...*ehem* okay next

What else do I like to add...?

Oh, guys! I'm an aspiring writer so pls feel free to check me out. I'm still on my newbie writing phase however once I've completed it, I want to try fully writing chapters with 1k+ words. I actually have a lot of stories drafted but remained unseen and nowhere to be found simply because I'm lazy. So I'm giving a shot of myself here to properly discipline myself.

Thank you for having me here! Have a nice day aheaaad!

kojimarui

Hi, I'm Rui Kojima. You can call me Rui since Kojima-sensei sounds weird when inserted in English conversation.

For hobbies, I love BL (more on this later). Recently I've been particularly obsessed with twitter manga. I also play SB69 a lot and love Sanrio in general. Finally, I'm a massive fan of the Johnny's Jr group IMPACTors, my favorite member is Kageyama Takuya.

For genres, I read fantasy in addition to BL. I'm basically two different readers when it comes to the genres though.
Fantasy: I like both high and urban fantasy with complex worldbuilding. I prefer grey-grey morality with fully-fleshed out characters on both sides. Also, I'm not particularly keen on magical creatures.
BL: On one hand I like cute daily-life style stories, on the other I like subversive pieces with really complicated dynamics. I adore gekokujo and 3P, on the flip-side, you probably have to make it a 3P for me to even bother with omegaverse. Other than that, I'm not really into R-18 stuff. Like if I'm enjoying a story and it has a R-18 scene, I'm not going to put it down, but I'm not that interested in stories that were written for the R-18 parts (if you're a fujoshi, you know exactly what I mean).

At the moment, I'm only publishing one story on Scribble Hub, predictably it's BL. Here's the link if you want to check it out (mind the tags).

Just call me moon or night or whatever, I like reading on my free time which is all the time. I like fantasy and adult novels. yes.
I don't have a favorite novel since I tend to them after a couple hundred or thousands of chapters, or wait for them to end so I can binge them all.

I like water objectively and figuratively.

viktarini

Hello guys I am new here. You can call me Arini. I am 26 and female. My hobbies include watching cartoons and sometimes I read. I might publish my stories here. Nice to meet you.

Void_Lightning

Nice to meet you all. You can call me Blue (even though it not part of my name here lol). I love anime gaming and reading. The types of Stories I like is Isekais' their great! I'm also trying to work on some fantasy stories and well as a isekai. Nice to meet you all

Ararara

Name/Nickname: My username, Ara(ra(ra))
Hobbies/interests: In order: Reading > Gaming > Writing >Watching Anime > Programming > Work > ... > College
Genres you read often/tags you often look for: Cultivation, LitRPG, I like some nice smut as well! But also anything else fantasy-ish or magic-ish if it's written well and enjoyable.
Your favourite novel/read and WHY: Not from this site, but Pact or Twig by Wildbow. I found those series soooo amazing. My list is near infite though, so I'll stop it there.
and even some of the stories you wrote on scribble hub: Wait - You Guys Have [Systems]?!, started writing it a couple weeks ago. Gonna try uploading it to here as well, hopefully a few people will enjoy it!
Then add anything you like: Penguins. They're the ultimate animal, and far better than ducks.~

:blobchristmas:

Thief

Name: Bao Bao would be nice or lao Bai too but other wise angst is fine EA is fine too anything that is comfortable to be used of course

Hobbies : I'm quite attached to onmyoji, and since this is a platform for reading and writing, obviously that's my hobby too, also drawing!

Genres you read often/tags you often look for: hmm transmigration? World hop? Equal relation? I don't know it will often depend on my mood. I do like tragedy with comedic tone

Your favourite novel/read and WHY; I like 'free Ren yigu' and 'transmigrating into the heartthrob's cannon fodder childhood friend' and 'i am the father of the villian' and 'the villian has been coveting me for a very long time' and 'dont pick up boyfriend's from the trashbin' and 'life going wild with plug ins' and 'liu Yao the revelation of Liu Yao sect' and 'your inside the book I'm outside the book' and 'lets talk about that guy who transmigrated to persue me'
Because they have irony and they also have tragedy but in a tone that seems funny or even normal plus most characters are pretty relatable. They also slap me with reality sometimes
Anddd I came over from Novel Updates!
I've written 'My story came to life today'

AiLovesToGrow

I write silly erotica
I go by Ai, or Ai Love. Depending on context, I also respond to Cumslut.

Hobbies/interests
I used to do bodybuilding, martial arts and range shooting. Since the hospitalization 18 months ago, I have done less of that and focus mostly on writing, reading a few things and watching old movies. My time is about evenly split with work, writing, goofing off, masturbating and sex.

Erotica, usually with expansion fetishes. I PREFER engaging plots, compelling narrative and competent prose. Female MC with bisexual or lesbian leanings. The more monstery, the better. HEA is a must, and relationships should be founded on love and respect, marriage preferred. I don’t like swearing or blasphemy.

Brandon Sanderson is a really good metric for what I look for in prose ability. Annabelle Hawthorne and Cebelius are closer to what I like in my smut, but I started writing because I couldn’t find what I wanted to read. Boku no Hero, One Piece and Skip Beat! are manga I still follow. I used to read a lot more, but now I have less time and focus so a story has to really be top shelf for me to even have the energy to engage.

Becoming Monsters is getting a chapter a day until I get caught up with the Literotica releases. After that I’ll throw on my other stories, which will include Ai Love Therapy, Monster Pirate Whores, Fantasy Farm Fantastic!, Steambotica and Portal Pussy. Once everything is up to date, Scribblehub will follow the same release schedule as all my stories: Patreon gets everything first, 2 months later it will filter to the free sites like Scribblehub.

I live in the USA with my Spouse. I have an illness that keeps me home bound but I still work part time. The writing is something I’ll do for as long as I’m able. I am fanatically protective of my privacy and anon status, and would appreciate people respecting that.

charliegraceclark

Name/Nickname: Charlie or Charmander
Hobbies/interests: Writing, obviously! I also collect plushies, Stitch things (like Lilo & Stitch) and Starbucks cups. And I'm currently owner-training a psychiatric service dog named Raichu!
Genres you read often/tags you often look for: Dark romance, paranormal/fantasy, I like things that aren't human.
Your favourite novel/read and WHY:
Pet: Genesis by Haley Inez. It's a sci-fi dark romance and it's so well written.

Pixxie

While I know most of the users here are migrating from Novel Update Forums but I'm pretty sure along with the ones from the other forum there will be members that are completely new so that's the purpose of this thread! To welcome the newbies.

An example of the intro would probably be good so here's mine
I'm called Ophious but people here usually call me Ophi or Phiphi for short
Well since I'm here you can probably tell I have a deep interest in reading novels, games anime and manga are also things I like, basically I'm like an average person. I do like cooking a little and gardening is starting to become a boom in my family and I might join
Current favourite has got to be my sister the villainess by cupcake ninja, there will be r18 scenes later but it'll be indicated in the chapter title and isn't necessary to read for the plot! I like it since it's quote funny
Genres I prefer are fantasy, comedy and slice of life
Not really into deep dark stuff
I'm Pixxie Mysteria, but I prefer to be called Pixxie for short.
I like reading western novels, especially if they have isekai and anime elements in them, play video games and of course read comics, graphic novels and manga.
I don't have a favorite novel that I prefer though since I have a hard time choosing one anyway Lol
So it's pleased to meet ya on Scrib Hub though.