Welcome thread for the newbies!

Major2501

Hey I'm Georgie. You can call me Major though. :)

My hobbies are pretty varied. I do a lot of writing (obviously,) gaming, sewing, acting, cosplaying, quilting, clay pigeon shooting. I work as an Electronics Technician and Inspector and I have a cat called Cayde. I also love music and going to gigs, plus I'm a huge partaker of karaoke.

I'm partial to dystopia/sci-fi reads, I haven't got round to reading anything on here yet. But my fave books ever are George Orwell's 1984, Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash and pretty much anything by Philip K. Dick, especially Ubik and A Scanner Darkly. I'm gradually publishing my own two stories on here; My First Coven and Into the Fray. 😀

Notlost

I'm also new here, its a pleasure to meet everyone.
I found this place because I wanted to start writing and most sites said this place is very friendly towards beginners.
my favourite genres lean towards action and adventure
and I cant think of any favourite books right now.
I am not very internet literate so it took me the best part of a half hour to figure out how to comment.
Also I'm open to pfp suggestions as well as nickname suggestions

ObsequiumMinaris

Hello, everyone. Off-and-on lurker, first-time poster here. It's a pleasure to meet you all.
I go by a few different names - Obsequium Minaris, obviously, but also John Haruspex over on Amazon. You can just call me Minaris, though.
My hobbies, in order, are writing, competitive marksmanship (CMP Highpower Rifle, mainly), and music/guitar (blues, jazz, heavy metal).
My usual genres are comedy, fantasy, action, adventure, or any variation of those four.
My favorite novel of all time is The Forgotten Soldier, by Guy Sajer, which fits into none of my preferred categories, but was so nail-biting that I simply could not put it down once I started reading it.
I have not yet written anything on Scribble Hub, but I have a FFNet account where I post fan fiction and an Amazon account where I have posted my first original story. Links to both are on my profile, if you're curious about either. I would love to begin posting on here as well at some point. In the meantime, I would absolutely love to give story feedback here to anyone who requests it.
Thank you, I hope to speak with you all further.

DestroyatronMk8, short for Destroyatron Mark VIII.

I work a regular job, but I do a lot of other stuff, too. I'm in a band, I teach martial arts, and I'm an occasional actor. My biggest passion (aside from my awesome wife) is still my fiction addiction.

My preferred genres are sci-fi, fantasy, and urban fantasy, but I dabble in the occasional horror and mystery.

My favorite books are Jim Butcher's Dead Beat and Neil Stephenson's Snow Crash. I'm all about deep characters, tight storylines, and that sweet mix of intensity and humor.

I have a terrible weakness for bad jokes. You could say I'm a glutton for pun-ishment.

VVerity

Hello I'm VVerity, I'm an author and write now I'm posting my story Vow of the Willow Tree after my friend suggested it might do well on Scribblehub rather than just on RoyalRoad.

I like reading (currently a lot of dry research journals and historical reference books but still!), repeatedly rediscovering my love for visual kei, and wandering around via public transportation.

I can't really say my preferred genre or favorite book because there's just too many to choose from!

I don't really have much else to say about myself, but thank you for reading!

Eclipse2024uwu

Hello! Call me Eclipse!
Pronouns: he/they/xe
I like romance, harem, fantasy, sci-fi, supernatural, mature, adult, BL, GL, and more. I like some dark stuff but not everything. I am a furry and therian. I am into BDSM. My fav color is lavender. I love wolves!
My pronouns page!

Aiyoki

Not super new but I guess you could say I'm new-ish

I like reading (And playing video games)

Preferred genre? Hm.... I prefer Fantasy and sci-fi over most other genres

And I'm here on SH because this place offered a way to post and share my writings for free, and at least have some level of copyright protection oversight. :D

VyarkX

Hi!
I'm VyarkX, a name which my forehead came up with upon impact with my keyboard.
I write for the fun of it during my spare time, and am coming here from Royal Road where I'm a tiny author.
I'm a military and aerospace nerd, so I tend to like dystopia/apocalypse/post-apocalypse/hard sci-fi stories, Mortal Engines being a good example.
My favorite work is the Science Adventure series of visual novels (Chaos;Child to be specific, even though it doesn't fit in with what I just said).
Nice to see you all!

taerkitty

Hi there. I've been using taerkitty as a username for... ever, or so it feels like. I like manga (and manhwa, though manhua seems not to tickle my fancy) and anime. My favorite series is Gunslinger Girl. I came here via NovelUpdates, and got to NU via MangaDex. It's been a while since I last wrote anything, and my self confidence is lagging due to IRL stuff.

Zanafar

Hello. I'm Zanafar, or 'Zan' for short. The name comes from one of my first D&D 2nd Edition characters a long time ago. I'm a jaded anime enjoyer and manga reader who watched and read too many to list. My favorite series would be the Aria series (Aria the Animation/Natural/Origination/Avvenire) and Steins;Gate. I'll read just about anything as long as something about it catches my attention.

Getterkuma

Hello everyone! I'm Kuma, a writer from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I'm a videogame writer by trade and I decompress after work writing a worldbuilding-rich fantasy novel. I've also worked on comics both as an amateur and in a professional manner.

I'm beginning to post my relatively long-running ongoing series Centris on this platform and I wanted to drop by the forum to say hi.

My hobbies include cooking, stand up comedy and pro-wrestling (As in performing on the two later ones, I wrestle on the local indie circuit and I've done a couple of stand-up shows already)

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
I am Aader, I have worked damn near every labor job available, and have more certifications than fingers.

I cant say I have a favorite novel, well maybe the Wheel of Time run, or if I had to pick just one... I'd go with Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, which I would write a fanfic of, but my skills would tarnish it.

I have 2 stories in the works, Sonata of Lust, and God of Ninshu's Gift. As for hobbies; I play video games, read fiction books, attempt to learn one new thing everyday, I often can be found stripping and cleaning one of the many firearms in my extensive arsenal, and cooking as my last hobby.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Over a year late for this, but I am RepresentingEnvy.
Don't bother with my stories they are all dead.

JaffaJessie

Hi! I'm new to scribble as an author but I've been on RR for a few months now.

You can call me Jaffa, Jessie or JaffaJessie it's your preference :D

My hobbies at writing, reading watching TV and fussing my pets. Cat pictures revitalise my mental soul :P

I don't have a favourite novel, asking that seriously makes me sweat! There are so many to choose from its impossible. Ascendance of a Bookworm is a current favourite but then so is he who fights monsters, in the name of the wind... the list goes on. Basically, anything fantasy I'm there.

I am writing my own novel atm moment inspired by otome genre mixed with light LitRPG and cultivation. All my favourites compiled into a story I am having so much writing.

SomethingStuffHappend

Just say it
You can call me Stuff for short
I'm interested in psychology of any living thing and reading novels.
I would read any genre if I like the writing. My favorite would probably be action and fantasy.
I just like the medieval kind of game like fantasy where you just go out there and get strong as fuck. Fighting with a sword is just cool ig

Only joined, because why not I wanted to just do something and maybe become a good writer.

Woolen_Bat_Monkey

Adopted son of Envy/Current owner of LuoirM nose
Hello, world.
I am Woolen Monkey but you can just call me Woolen.

I came here from Webnovel. That's where I first discover fanfics. I enjoy reading, listing to music, and watching anime. My favorite fanfics are Re:life with Karmic Gacha and Master Druid in Hogwarts.

I am writing fanfic for the first time and it's like really bad but you know get better through experience.

MekanipTheWriter

While I know most of the users here are migrating from Novel Update Forums but I'm pretty sure along with the ones from the other forum there will be members that are completely new so that's the purpose of this thread! To welcome the newbies.

An example of the intro would probably be good so here's mine
I'm called Ophious but people here usually call me Ophi or Phiphi for short
Well since I'm here you can probably tell I have a deep interest in reading novels, games anime and manga are also things I like, basically I'm like an average person. I do like cooking a little and gardening is starting to become a boom in my family and I might join
Current favourite has got to be my sister the villainess by cupcake ninja, there will be r18 scenes later but it'll be indicated in the chapter title and isn't necessary to read for the plot! I like it since it's quote funny
Genres I prefer are fantasy, comedy and slice of life
Not really into deep dark stuff
Mekanip
Hobbies/interests: Writing, stuff.
Genres you read often/tags you often look for: I really don't look for tags and stuff.
Your favourite novel/read and WHY: I really don't have a favorite novel. I like sci-fi, fantasy, etc. The most recent series to blow me away was The Remambrance of Earth's Past trilogy.
and even some of the stories you wrote on scribble hub: I just started posting my original work on here called A Chronicle of Lies, an isekai about a schizophrenic who gets teleported to another realm.

TB_Carter

Hello All,
My name's Trevor, and write under the name TB Carter.
I've snuck over from Royal Road to post my book 'A Minefield Full of Penguins' as the content appears to be a bit too mature for their tastes... and I haven't even posted the sexy bits yet.