What about you?

Scaver

I am talking about what type of writer are you?
What i mean is are you the type who outlines all of the story? If so how. I can understand if it's a one book but for webnovel how?
or Are you pantser?
I'm in the middle in other word a hybrid. I plan somewhat but not much.
Another question is did you ever post the first chapter just after writing? Being as dumb i am i ended up posting just after writing. I didn't even get the plot! No planning whatseover. No stacked up chapters or anything. In the future i am never doing that i swear!
And when writing do you turn off your internal editor? Or keep editing while writing?

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Racist. I’m a racist writer. I write only for my race, my people, my destiny, my legacy.
Memes aside, I don’t plan, but I’m trying to. 2. I don’t write in scribblehub, so I don’t. 3. I don’t have an internal editor, I’m insane.
847B026A-D99E-4AB8-A9B4-F297E3F24AF1.jpeg

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
I think of the plot, draft then list a number from 1 to 50. then give them titles. If possible, give them some prose.

Renaxan

Enthusiastic about a lot of things.
I am slightly pantser and planner I guess.

I did outline the future plot deeply like 10-20 chapter ahead but thats it. When it comes to complete the outline of the chapter, it take me a week to complete it... Due to procrastination feeling going too strong.

I did stacking up, but not full chapter... Only the outline, lmao.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
5% writing, 10% editing(aka putting semicolons everywhere), 100% staring at an empty word document.
--
In all seriousness, as I've said before I outline the end of a story before even thinking about writing it. And yes, I've done it with ROTGC, will never post chapters again without a stockpile, it's bad for my mental health.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm the kind of writer who writes in a paper notebook until she has a baby, and then her hands are too occupied holding her nipple in her baby's mouth to write. Well, that was the case for the first six months, and then he started climbing on top of me to drink and I no longer had to hold my nipple in his mouth, but if you've ever tried to write with a torso in your face, that doesn't work, either.

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
I'm the type of writer who didn't know he was a writer until reaching his 30s, after daydreaming a whole universe for like 20 years or something, taking inspiration of pretty much everything, mashing it up all together into this super cool story, taking pieces of your soul and turning them into characters, then one day started feeling like "yeah, I'm gonna write this down!"

First no planning at all, just writing what you want until you realize is all fucked up, then scratch everything and start planning every single part into "arcs" while daydreaming all the way, thinking of your stories like that grandiose idea that can be turned into an amazing anime or series, but at the same time, knowing that you only have the means to write a novel out of it.

Azumi2540

1. A writer that writes for fun and only sticks to 500+ words per chapter, if I write more than 500 I would go on procrastination, i plan 1-3 chapters

2. yes I did post my writing after finishing it, it happened twice, first one is in the void, second is on hiatus for months, I learned to Stack chapters because of it

3. I keep the editor on, while writing

Scaver

1. A writer that writes for fun and only sticks to 500+ words per chapter, if I write more than 500 I would go on procrastination, i plan 1-3 chapters

2. yes I did post my writing after finishing it, it happened twice, first one is in the void, second is on hiatus for months, I learned to Stack chapters because of it

3. I keep the editor on, while writing
500?! Im planning for 5k each every week....

MyukiMruieast

Departure of Motivation led me to want water
Racist. I’m a racist writer. I write only for my race, my people, my destiny, my legacy.
Memes aside, I don’t plan, but I’m trying to. 2. I don’t write in scribblehub, so I don’t. 3. I don’t have an internal editor, I’m insane.View attachment 12637
I just want to say that after being fed with your sauceless images, I have finally gained it's source. Its a very good manhua.

What i mean is are you the type who outlines all of the story? If so how. I can understand if it's a one book but for webnovel how?
or Are you pantser?
Another question is did you ever post the first chapter just after writing? Being as dumb i am i ended up posting just after writing. I didn't even get the plot! No planning whatseover. No stacked up chapters or anything. In the future i am never doing that i swear!
And when writing do you turn off your internal editor? Or keep editing while writing?
Now for this, my answers isn't too complicated. I'm the ordinary writer type, have an idea; do it. And sometimes, since I don't have deeper planning about the stories' plotlines, I tend to focus more on the words and quality of the chapter I'm writing and use all of my mind power to make up the amount of chapters I am able to and contemplate later on if I'll continue or not. I edit while I write, and read it after Im finished. Depending on my willingness, I'd edit it once more and leave.

Scaver

I'm the type of writer who didn't know he was a writer until reaching his 30s, after daydreaming a whole universe for like 20 years or something, taking inspiration of pretty much everything, mashing it up all together into this super cool story, taking pieces of your soul and turning them into characters, then one day started feeling like "yeah, I'm gonna write this down!"

First no planning at all, just writing what you want until you realize is all fucked up, then scratch everything and start planning every single part into "arcs" while daydreaming all the way, thinking of your stories like that grandiose idea that can be turned into an amazing anime or series, but at the same time, knowing that you only have the means to write a novel out of it.
Most people just keep daydreaming rather than writing. At least you started!
In this regard im lucky since i am young like really young!

Agentt

Thighs
Memes aside, I don’t plan, but I’m trying to. 2. I don’t write in scribblehub, so I don’t. 3. I don’t have an internal editor, I’m insane.View attachment 12637
Same, about the racist part. But i am also sexist

EternalSunset0

or Are you pantser?
Rough outlines for the whole story. I divide my work into volumes that are mostly self-contained with an overarching plot anyway, and there's a finish line that I have already set.

I finish an entire volume before posting. Which is usually around 20ish chapters of around 60k to 70k words. As such, my release schedule tends to be around 4 to 6 months between release batches.

I edit while writing but I also go over the whole volume once after compiling for a "thorough edit" to make minor detail or plot adjustments here and there.

ArkKitty

I write what's in my mind, and after that try to refine it again after vomiting everything to the word document.