What do you think about Inc*st?

MisterSyafiq

I personally felt uncofortable when watching this anime genre. Sadly, I lately find that this genre is too common.
Bruh, isn't it a bit... Immoral and taboo?

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Yes. Its to the point where my first love is even my cousin which at that point, I basically have a mental trauma that any girl that I would probably like, she's either one of my dad's children or a cousin.

I'm not even kidding. I basically had a harem route like in a dating sim, basically all the cute girls like me, and the one I choose wasn't even cute but not that bad. And it got worse since she ended up becoming deaf.(In the blade family, we are either cursed to either have a painful breakup, our crushes have a tragic illness or we basically ended up dating a cousin).

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Genetic reasons. Inherently skewed power dynamic with parental figures.
Don't really get the appeal nor discomfort beyond that.

MisterSyafiq

Yes. Its to the point where my first love is even my cousin which at that point, I basically have a mental trauma that any girl that I would probably like, she's either one of my dad's children or a cousin.

I'm not even kidding. I basically had a harem route like in a dating sim, basically all the cute girls like me, and the one I choose wasn't even cute but not that bad. And it got worse since she ended up becoming deaf.(In the blade family, we are either cursed to either have a painful breakup, our crushes have a tragic illness or we basically ended up dating a cousin).
I... Couldn't differentiate this as A real story' or a novel synopsis.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Can be hot or flop. Depends heavily on execution. Good for drama. Not much of a fan if they want to have children together.

Arkus86

Not a fan myself, but to each their own. As long as they're not going to have childern, because then it's a genetic red flag

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
for every taboo genre you come across, it's only time until it grows from discomfort to ambivalence or even infatuation. the term "if you don't like it don't read it" isn't an instruction more so than it's a warning. i found that some close friends of mine who would've gagged at the sight of a slightly anthropomorphized animal be exposed to my sketches and slowly but surely, start speaking foul words such as "you know, Judy Hopps from Zootopia ain't so bad"

same thing with incest. if you feel discomfort from it, stop interacting with it, or else you'd live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

MisterSyafiq

I see,
You all have a carefree point of view huh?
Or it was just me who was too strict here...haha.
But, yeah, I got the point!
For this Topic, LEWD yes, children no

Daitengu

Sis, bro, mom, dad is just a no from me.

Cousin is meh, just cause the genetics problem isn't as bad as the eugenics people believed.

In laws tagged as I incest is a fine. Cause it's not really incest.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I see,
You all have a carefree point of view huh?
Or it was just me who was too strict here...haha.
But, yeah, I got the point!
For this Topic, LEWD yes, children no
Well, you can not see this as black and white. It’s also not some fantasy kink like tentacles, but something more common irl than you’d think.

Separate two siblings at birth and don’t let them know they are adopted. Maybe they will fall in love as adults and want to marry, but BOOM. They are siblings and can’t. Only because of their blood.

Take another example childhood friends since they were small. Totally legit and a trope in romance. Ai, sweet, sweet, childhood sweethearts.

Step siblings, possible by law cause no genetic problems. But it feels immoral because they are still “siblings” yet they could be also described as childhood friends. They knew each other their whole life like real siblings.

Now take same sex incest. They can’t have offsprings so the immoral feeling is solely because the stereotype of how this family relationship should be. This is what we grew up with, this is how siblings/parent-child relationship should be, this is how society stipulated it.

And then we go back to medieval times and older societies where genetic problems were still unknown… Incest is more a head thing imo.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
for every taboo genre you come across, it's only time until it grows from discomfort to ambivalence or even infatuation. the term "if you don't like it don't read it" isn't an instruction more so than it's a warning. i found that some close friends of mine who would've gagged at the sight of a slightly anthropomorphized animal be exposed to my sketches and slowly but surely, start speaking foul words such as "you know, Judy Hopps from Zootopia ain't so bad"

same thing with incest. if you feel discomfort from it, stop interacting with it, or else you'd live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
As someone who's fallen into the pit of furry yiffs myself, this is 100% true.

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
I think its fine.
Incest is really only a 'taboo' because of health reasons. Health is beyond the universe of most webnovels, so it doesn't really matter. Just dont reproduce with your actual sibling.