What game mechanic would you use to write a story around?

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
I've only seen clips of it
I think it was in something like the cutest anime couple or something like wanted to watch it but never knew the name orz only found out after googling it just now
It's good!
X

JustHANO

Casual games like League, Overwatch, Fortnite. I also played Maple Story 2 and ton of Jrpgs.
I feel we will play league together one day by some means. And I would disappoint you. By a lot.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I feel we will play league together one day by some means. And I would disappoint you. By a lot.
Now that I think of it isn't League of Legend just a game version of Fate Stay/Night? You have your "champion" that represent you in a battle for the cup. I think that would be a good story idea.

Nahrenne

OMFGOMGOMG. I've played that one so many times, just with different friend groups. One time we made it to the end with nearly everyone, I think the nice girl , orange hair (I cant remember her name TnT) died then the guy playing the last part killed the main girl in the cabin I was soooo sad and mad. I cant remember it was it a super stupid way. one of my favs for sure.
Ah, you killed Ashley and Jessica...
One of the playthroughs I watched, everyone died.
Another, everyone survived.
Another some died, while others survived.
Another a different lot died and others survived.
Another one found totems showing them what not to do, then they did them...leading to people's deaths...
I just think it's unfortunate that there is that one character who will always get a bad ending.
*sigh*
Poor character...
*isn't saying the name for spoiler reasons*
X

JustHANO

Now that I think of it isn't League of Legend just a game version of Fate Stay/Night? You have your "champion" that represent you in a battle for the cup. I think that would be a good story idea.
I understand that it can be, there's a lot like it. What would be the kick that makes it unique tho.

Nahrenne

Ah, @JustHANO did you know the game developers of Until Dawn have made an anthology of games?
The first one will be called Man of Medan.
Some YouTubers have played a demo of it, and it looks super creepy.
X

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Ah, @JustHANO did you know the game developers of Until Dawn have made an anthology of games?
X
That sounds... terrifying.

JustHANO

Ah, you killed Ashley and Jessica...
One of the playthroughs I watched, everyone died.
Another, everyone survived.
Another some died, while others survived.
Another a different lot died and others survived.
Another one found totems showing them what not to do, then they did them...leading to people's deaths...
I just think it's unfortunate that there is that one character who will always get a bad ending.
*sigh*
Poor character...
*isn't saying the name for spoiler reasons*
X
Off the top of my head I know we killed sam at the end. And Yea probably one of those as the other. I think he didnt choose a decision when it told him two places to move too and he was like "I thought they see you if you move" I was so mad. But yea I watched people do the same. It's sad when you played it like 5 times and the 6th time you hand the controller off to the drunk guy who you know is going to kill off a character. RIP in piece

JustHANO

X
I saw the name on a list of upcoming games but I didn't know it was by them. Now I can't wait!

Nahrenne

Off the top of my head I know we killed sam at the end. And Yea probably one of those as the other. I think he didnt choose a decision when it told him two places to move too and he was like "I thought they see you if you move" I was so mad. But yea I watched people do the same. It's sad when you played it like 5 times and the 6th time you hand the controller off to the drunk guy who you know is going to kill off a character. RIP in piece
If you ever want to watch a funny playthrough of it, watch Eurogamer on YouTube.
They have two of the team playing it, where they switch over the controller when the character changes.
Their banter is so fun to listen to.
They also did a playthrough of Dark Souls and Bloodborne.
X

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Ahahaha, I admit I felt kind of spooked after watching each playthrough of the demo.
X
I can't even get through watching Five night at Freddy without getting scared.

JustHANO

If you ever want to watch a funny playthrough of it, watch Eurogamer on YouTube.
They have two of the team playing it, where they switch over the controller when the character changes.
Their banter is so fun to listen to.
They also did a playthrough of Dark Souls and Bloodborne.
X
I'll keep that in mind if I ever want to suffer and watch my favorite characters die all over again :D(My psychopath smile)

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Also @Ophious if you write a story around Harvest Moon, I would definitely read that.