What is the most retarded character you can write?

I'm kinda bored of everyone trying to make their MC's mega super ultra genius.

After a while, I feel my preference is more of their entertaining factor, regardless of their intelligence. Among them, there are some bizarrely retarded characters whose actions seem borderline genius to me, I couldn't stop laughing at them.

That aside, I'm curious on how retarded you can make your characters. Just for fun though :D

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Easy, if I wanted to write a retarded character all I have to do is have them reflect my personal beliefs and make it seem only these beliefs are right.
Then would get called out on my bullshit by everyone that doesn't agree with me.

or

I could write an average Xianxia protagonist.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Sample:
"I'm kinda bored of everyone trying to make their MC's mega super ultra genius.

After a while, I feel my preference is more of their entertaining factor, regardless of their intelligence. Among them, there are some bizarrely retarded characters whose actions seem borderline genius to me, I couldn't stop laughing at them.

That aside, I'm curious on how retarded you can make your characters. Just for fun though :D "
No offense intended

Easy, if I wanted to write a retarded character all I have to do is have them reflect my personal beliefs and make it seem only these beliefs are right.
Then would get called out on my bullshit by everyone that doesn't agree with me.

or

I could write an average Xianxia protagonist.

as someone who reads chinese novels quite often, this is a good idea :D

Sample:

No offense intended

it sounds that the character is a bit wrong in the head, but i'm not sure how to make them more retarded. they probably need more spelling errors and grammatical mistakes maybe? like they were drunk and just finished smoking meth,

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

that was horrifying. like some say, reality is stranger than fiction.

it reminds me of a story or story idea about some mad scientist who performed unethical gene experiment for their amusement, just to see what will happen.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
I'll just reskin Invisible Dragon. The character would be the author btw, not the dragon reskin.

I'll just reskin Invisible Dragon. The character would be the author btw, not the dragon reskin.

i admit the author's note is almost as bizarre as the story itself

when the author said 'continuu?' i really felt that

im going to write a 14yr shonen jp isekai harem protagonist very soon. it doesn't get more retarded than that.

Andrew_Udell

I love the idea of a protagonist who is genuinely dumb, but things work out for them anyway with a narrator becoming increasingly incredulous at their success. For example:

"This is Krog. Krog eats a steady diet of cereal with water, because he could never figure out how to open the milk container and threw against the wall once sufficiently agitated. One day, when Krog accidentally wandered into a lab, a famous scientist lamented that a piece of sophisticated piece of technology wasn't working.

'Don't worry,' Korg told him with all the confidence of somebody who has no idea what they're doing. 'I'll fix it.'

Krog took one one of his mighty arms and swung his fleshy fist on the metal. Incredibly, this somehow realigned an internal component. The device began working again and the scientist considered him a genius, even though, and I can not stress this enough, Krog is a slobbering idiot."

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
im going to write a 14yr shonen jp isekai harem protagonist very soon. it doesn't get more retarded than that.
My first thought was also any shonen protagonist, but then I remembered something more retarded.

The rise of the gender fluid gen z army on tik tok. Make your protagonist change their preferred gender pronouns from one minute to the next based on how they feel at any given time of day. That is the peak of retardation.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
How to write the best retarded character? I guess the best option for this would be to copy Light Yagami from DeathNote Abridged. here's a link:

The rise of the gender fluid gen z army on tik tok. Make your protagonist change their preferred gender pronouns from one minute to the next based on how they feel at any given time of day. That is the peak of retardation.
I don't use tik tok so I haven't seen them before, but I get what you mean. would rather not go anywhere near the alphabet people though.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I love the idea of a protagonist who is genuinely dumb, but things work out for them anyway with a narrator becoming increasingly incredulous at their success. For example:

"This is Krog. Krog eats a steady diet of cereal with water, because he could never figure out how to open the milk container and threw against the wall once sufficiently agitated. One day, when Krog accidentally wandered into a lab, a famous scientist lamented that a piece of sophisticated piece of technology wasn't working.

'Don't worry,' Korg told him with all the confidence of somebody who has no idea what they're doing. 'I'll fix it.'

Krog took one one of his mighty arms and swung his fleshy fist on the metal. Incredibly, this somehow realigned an internal component. The device began working again and the scientist considered him a genius, even though, and I can not stress this enough, Krog is a slobbering idiot."

this is a genius idea :D