What things are you afraid of?

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
In horror stories, you often read the sentence, "The night is dark, the moon is bright". Like duh, of course the night is dark, you don't need to say it, right? But the dark here is not always literal. This sentence has two phobias attached to it.

One is 'darkness'. Even to this day, people are afraid of darkness. After all, darkness is when ghosts and evil creatures come out. Evil creatures such as wolves, chupacabra, thieves, robbers and Elaine.

Similarly, the phobia of 'bright moon' is often associated with supernatural entities, such as werewolves, lunacy (where lunar is another name for the moon) and Elaine's regular monthly tirades and crankiness.

Some people are afraid of clowns, some people like clowns. Some people are afraid of hooks and chainsaws. Some others are afraid of having an empty space under their beds.

What about you? What are you afraid of? If you have a phobia, how would you transform that phobia into a horror story?

For example: Ai-chan is afraid of open doors. Ai-chan always feels like someone is watching from the open door. Doorways are not a problem, it's a door with a door that Ai-chan is restless about. If Ai-chan were to write about it, Ai-chan would write that the open door is an invisible doorway to a demon universe where demons can enter during the full moon.

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
I am afraid of many things. Name one. Cockroaches? Definitely, yes. Frogs? Yes. The dark? Hell yes.

So I'm kind of lost on how to make a story about this

SailusGebel

I've always been confused when aquaphobia is mentioned.

Do you only get scared from large amounts of water? Do you take a bath instead of a shower?
I'm not sure if aquaphobia is the correct term. I don't know how to explain it accurately. I'm not afraid of water in general, so I can drink it, shower, and take a bath. I'm afraid of seas, oceans, and underwater, even in games. Large lakes are a no-no as well. However, if it's, for example, a small\narrow\shallow clear river, I'm okay. I won't get into that river, but I can at least look at it. Bogs, wetlands, and similar stuff are okay, while small ponds are not okay.

TotallyHuman

What about you? What are you afraid of? If you have a phobia, how would you transform that phobia into a horror story?
Like I'd ever tell you
Jameson laughs.jpg

Agentt

Thighs
It might sound like a troll message, but I am scared of gender benders. Mainly how accepted they are.
Imagine how horrific it would be if you were teleported to a world where, say cocaine was both legal and socially acceptable. You would see toddlers struggling to walk, and violence everywhere and everyone around you is just deranged with iq of a parrot, and anyone above the age of 40 is suffering from the complications from so many years of drug abuse.

Similarly, it's horrific for me how people like reading about a man whose thoughts are slowly warped due to hormonal changes, and seeing "friends" show lustful feelings, and all.

And also clowns.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
The ever encroaching scythe that is time, the constant swelling of the debts I accumulated, the helpless paranoia that humanity is going to shit and finding a half of a worm when I bite into an apple.

Also clowns. Fuck clowns.

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag
Darkness bro. When I'm lighting up the kitchen in the house on the night. I'm close to one side that's lighten up and opens it before going in. After I got what I wanted in the kitchen, I turn off the lights and as I turn around towards my bedroom looking at the dark from a brief moment, I feel goosebump and shivers and immediately go straight to bed.

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
I have Acrophobia, as in being afraid of heights—even when I climb up a flight of stairs, I tend to avoid being on the edge.

Clowns. Don't mention pennywise, even McD's clown is already unnerving.

also, cockroaches.

Daitengu

I happen to love darkness.

As for what scares me? People, bugs, failure, dying, losing control of my mind and/or body.

atgongumerki

The real question is, what is Elaine afraid of?

... I am totally not preparing a defence for that lunatic.

Why would I? I mean I am not afraid of her!

I SAID I AM NOT AFRAID!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Nothing sows fear in me more than desensitization. Things that'll make 3-years-ago-me belch and revolt I now see with apathy. I have a basic moral understanding of right and wrong, but I don't know what I'll come to 5 years down the line.

I can say with confidence that I won't fall off the deep end, but as everyone knows, you don't just lose strength out of nowhere. It wanes and withers away. There will come a time when all the chips are down and I might walk a path my past self would recoil in disgust.

It may be an irrational fear, but it's fear nonetheless.

IMG_20220216_142835.jpg

KrisVFX

God of Creation
In horror stories, you often read the sentence, "The night is dark, the moon is bright". Like duh, of course the night is dark, you don't need to say it, right? But the dark here is not always literal. This sentence has two phobias attached to it.

One is 'darkness'. Even to this day, people are afraid of darkness. After all, darkness is when ghosts and evil creatures come out. Evil creatures such as wolves, chupacabra, thieves, robbers and Elaine.

Similarly, the phobia of 'bright moon' is often associated with supernatural entities, such as werewolves, lunacy (where lunar is another name for the moon) and Elaine's regular monthly tirades and crankiness.

Some people are afraid of clowns, some people like clowns. Some people are afraid of hooks and chainsaws. Some others are afraid of having an empty space under their beds.

For example: Ai-chan is afraid of open doors. Ai-chan always feels like someone is watching from the open door. Doorways are not a problem, it's a door with a door that Ai-chan is restless about. If Ai-chan were to write about it, Ai-chan would write that the open door is an invisible doorway to a demon universe where demons can enter during the full moon.
The only thing I'm afraid of is failure...

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
anything that remotely looks like a bee or wasp. Fuck them. I don't care about their "honey" or "be good to flowers and helping them pollinate." Fuck 'em. Kill them all.