What would be the theme song of your novel?

MareoKen

Just thinking about this the other day, what songs do you think capture the theme, mood, or message of your story? Or could be a song that just sounds like it fits even if the lyrics don't. Or maybe it's a theme song for one of your characters?

For me, I think the song for my novel would be Future Tone Bender:

The song captures the idea of my main character's inner struggles and his journey to set Ruby's spirit free. I like to think of it as the opening song to my novel haha.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Just thinking about this the other day, what songs do you think capture the theme, mood, or message of your story? Or could be a song that just sounds like it fits even if the lyrics don't. Or maybe it's a theme song for one of your characters?

For me, I think the song for my novel would be Future Tone Bender:

The song captures the idea of my main character's inner struggles and his journey to set Ruby's spirit free. I like to think of it as the opening song to my novel haha.
Have way too much stories. So I’ll just post for the one I’m writing.

The theme is raci- actually and unironically to adopt your politics to be like more me. Because I’m smart

EternalSunset0

Not exactly thematic in a way that you probably looked for, but I have a lot of OPs in mind already. But they're mostly visualized as MADs, if you're familiar with them. Basically the anime OPs but with replaced characters.

I still don't know which order to put them, but I'm heavily leaning towards the second Shaman King remake OP for the final arc (which is likely gonna be like book 8 or 9ish)

And the ED for the current arc I'm writing (volumes 6 and 7) would have something like the current Princess Connect game ED (complete with the "ladder of characters in battle pose" thing)

Last edited:

MareoKen

This made me start writing my current novel, even though it doesn't fit one bit. I hope that later on after I start writing more action scenes, it will fit.
Sometimes the music I listen to inspires me as well! Like I'll be listening to something and like an idea for my story just pops into my head based on the song I'm listening too.
Not exactly thematic in a way that you probably looked for, but I have a lot of OPs in mind already. But they're mostly visualized as MADs, if you're familiar with them. Basically the anime OPs but with replaced characters.

I still don't know which order to put them, but I'm heavily leaning towards the second Shaman King remake OP for the final arc (which is likely gonna be like book 8 or 9ish)

And the ED for the current arc I'm writing (volumes 6 and 7) would have something like the current Princess Connect game ED (complete with the "ladder of characters in battle pose" thing)
I like it! Doesn't necessarily have to be thematic, just wanted to see what music inspires you or you think could be an opening. Sometimes I think up OPs and EDs for my story as well! I feel like the one I mentioned could be an OP for my story and I sort of visualise it with my characters too.

SailusGebel

Sometimes the music I listen to inspires me as well! Like I'll be listening to something and like an idea for my story just pops into my head based on the song I'm listening too.
Same. When I listened to this song on a break from writing my supposedly first story, I envisioned a scene. However, that scene was an ending. Now I'm trying to reach it by writing a novel that wasn't even supposed to be in the first place.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
That depends on which story, but for 7 Years of Hope, it would likely be something like this

For Hero Prince(ss)

For Age of Gods Online, with some tracks removed

For The Hounds of Hell

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 22388

It has the element of pure bravery and sadness. With a bit of insanity and encouragement to move on. However this matey doesn't understand Japanese but I can feel the essence. Loud voice is at time for me to be fierce and serious!

"The generation keeps on passing beneath my slowed time. Any enemies keeps on acumulating and friends are the thing that keeps me moving with the truth that kept hidden in me until the time shall come. In the meantime lets take more nap for my exhausted body(scarred). AH! the bleeding lips that shall never go away for it is cursed..."

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
ROTGC - not sure about this, but it fits the ideals of the MC

Unhinged - *scientific triumph intensifies*

NoraNali

Since my protagonist is based on Moge-Ko I think that this is appropriate.