What's the meaning of humanities existence?

The-Reader

For far too long humans like me have survived for far to long and ending dominating nature as a whole, but the case lies why do us, humans survived for far to long in nature and besides the extremely specific evolution traits we have actually that it bothers me, we have two legs, arms, eyes, ears, etc. we have things that actually makes us survive for long, in either land nor water by breathing, and im sure if humans came from apes we have no clue what the outcome of the evolution becomes, either we are furry humans with fur that covers our entire body or fur-less like today. are the meaning of humanities existence is to reach in the kardashev civilization scale Type III as we humans are still Type 0, we will never know actually, and if the interferance of our pointless needs for things that refuses us to go higher then blame it on us as we are the reasons the future of humanity will end.

ChaosGodOfJashin

The Chaos God of The Towers
For far too long humans like me have survived for far to long and ending dominating nature as a whole, but the case lies why do us, humans survived for far to long in nature and besides the extremely specific evolution traits we have actually that it bothers me, we have two legs, arms, eyes, ears, etc. we have things that actually makes us survive for long, in either land nor water by breathing, and im sure if humans came from apes we have no clue what the outcome of the evolution becomes, either we are furry humans with fur that covers our entire body or fur-less like today. are the meaning of humanities existence is to reach in the kardashev civilization scale Type III as we humans are still Type 0, we will never know actually, and if the interferance of our pointless needs for things that refuses us to go higher then blame it on us as we are the reasons the future of humanity will end.
Humans are something that evolved from nothingness just like all of living things. We evolved from only having simple instructions to self duplicate until we're right now who could create technology that could bring us to other planets.
Humanities existence never had a meaning. So humans created one, then they created more and more. They taught religions, they created math, language, alpahabets, science and other things. Meanings are set but humanities create things that will be beneficial. But as all things out there I believe there could be much more than we thought. For now we could only look forward to the future we have and walk towards it slowly.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I don’t really get everything you‘re asking but technology has pretty much made it so humans have beaten evolution and natural selection. I was born with a birth defect in my leg where I didn’t have any cartilage in my knee until I got a surgery a couple years ago. I also have poor eyesight, but I’m still alive and part of the gene pool. Unless eugenics comes back in style or Zeon Newtype space magic exists this is pretty much it for humans.

Nihilism

For far too long humans like me have survived for far to long and ending dominating nature as a whole, but the case lies why do us, humans survived for far to long in nature and besides the extremely specific evolution traits we have actually that it bothers me, we have two legs, arms, eyes, ears, etc. we have things that actually makes us survive for long, in either land nor water by breathing, and im sure if humans came from apes we have no clue what the outcome of the evolution becomes, either we are furry humans with fur that covers our entire body or fur-less like today. are the meaning of humanities existence is to reach in the kardashev civilization scale Type III as we humans are still Type 0, we will never know actually, and if the interferance of our pointless needs for things that refuses us to go higher then blame it on us as we are the reasons the future of humanity will end
Embrace nihilism
the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless.

D

Deleted member 57675

Blinks couple of times. Finally made it to the end.

Discovering. Developing. Fighting. Greed. Power-hungry. Self-destructive. Building. Learn. Forget. Rinse and Repeat.

Humans change yet also stay the same.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
the meaning of life is 42.
also MILFS
Especially MILFS

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
The question of what is the purpose of man and other such similarly phrased questions are just retarded. Simply the answer is that there are many purposes which you can serve, so best approach is to live a life of devotion and piety towards whatever your highest ideal, something that transcends you. Be it your family, faith nation, craft, community, ideology.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
We pass butter, at a planetary scale. Soon... Perhaps more.

Never really liked the Kardeshev scale. Should just measure civilizations by how much butter they can pass around.

Daitengu

Right, wrong, correct, or incorrect, everything is only ever what you think it is.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Humans are something that evolved from nothingness just like all of living things. We evolved from only having simple instructions to self duplicate until we're right now who could create technology that could bring us to other planets.
Humanities existence never had a meaning. So humans created one, then they created more and more. They taught religions, they created math, language, alpahabets, science and other things. Meanings are set but humanities create things that will be beneficial. But as all things out there I believe there could be much more than we thought. For now we could only look forward to the future we have and walk towards it slowly.

One of the most important parts of walking forward is how we care for future generations:

LordJoyde

The meaning of life? Why should I bother trying to find a cohesive meaning to something that was forced upon me?

If anything, life should be grateful to bear any meaning I place on it, regardless of how temporary or fickle.

TotallyHuman

Humanity is like cancer. It's a bad cell that grows uncontrollably. Unlike cancer, it's going to end before it ends its host

BlackKnightX

I don’t think there’s any purpose in our existence, or even if there is one, we will never know.

I’ve been pondering about this for as long as I can remember, and every time, it always stops at the same thing: the nothingness. It’s the very first thing that ever existed. First there was nothing, but then suddenly something exists and causes the Big Bang to occur, thus creating the universe as we all come to know many millions years later.

So, the question I always ask myself is, “How could something suddenly exist out of nothing?” I‘d pondered for a while until I realized that maybe the concept that something can't just come out of nothing is simply not true. We only believe that due to our natural born conditions and our life experiences. It shapes who we are and what we believe to be true.

You see, humans are limited. No matter how smart we think we are or how much we’ve learned throughout history or how much we’ve evolved, we’re still limited. The very core of our intelligence stems from our belief system which has been conditioned since the moment we were born. That’s the limit of our perception. We’re simply not omniscient.

For all I know, we could as well be artificial products of some higher being created for some specific purpose we’ll never know of. Ridiculous? Why, everything is possible. See? That's the limit of our perception. If we don’t have that limit, even if we expand our perspective as much as possible, we’d still get nothing since there’s no ground to stand on anymore.

So, there’s no point in thinking about why humanity exists. There’s no point in knowing about it. And even if someone claims to know an answer to that, how could they prove it? Even if they have some proof, how could you know that proof is legit? And even if that proof is truly legit in our “limited perspective”, how could we be sure that that’s not something we’ve been conditioned to believe?

You see, we’ll never truly know. But what we do know is that we are here, in this universe, right here on this planet. So, the question is, what are we gonna do about it?

We might not know the purpose of our existence and might never will, but what we can do is to decide our purpose. Live within our limited perspective. Create our own rules and stick to them, for if you break out of the rules, there’s nothing left. You’d just simply float back into our true origin—nothingness.

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
We pass butter, at a planetary scale. Soon... Perhaps more.

Never really liked the Kardeshev scale. Should just measure civilizations by how much butter they can pass around.
Based.
Also basically everytime people answer this question like all of them sound like schizophrenics

Attachments

• D9B786BE-C307-4FF1-9732-18A5CFB92833.jpeg
    D9B786BE-C307-4FF1-9732-18A5CFB92833.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 66CFD82D-1A6D-4858-A815-D35A6D32AE37.png
    66CFD82D-1A6D-4858-A815-D35A6D32AE37.png
    161.8 KB · Views: 22

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
You are thermodynamic miracle, you are the one responsible for deciding in the end what your meaning is, and just don't be a nihilist. Taking no action and watching the passing of events is still an action.

So why do nothing when you have the choice of doing something.

for some reason, we're just there populating this planet. everyone had their own sense of meaning, while others didn't really care.

personally, i just want to be happy in my life no matter how mundane it is.