Which will you prefer Kpop or English Songs?

Which will you prefer Kpop or English Songs?

• Kpop

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • English Songs

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Jpop

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

Daichi

I think question is self explanatory. I have no problem with Kpop but I don't understand Kpop at all so I prefer English songs, by the way I find Jpop superior than Kpop.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I used to only like only Jpop, then I came to like Kpop more. I don’t understand either language. It’s not a question of understanding the lyrics, but more which sound and style I prefer and which voices I find more appealing.

English songs are not to my taste. :blob_neutral:

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I listen to more Japanese music cause I'm a weeb but my taste in music is pretty diverse so I listen to pretty much everything.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I consider myself more of a sound guy, but if the lyrics are great, I could forgive poor sound mixing and bad rhythm. That said, I'm a versatile listener, but I'm more geared towards a language I'm familiar enough to dissect and find meaning within.

Either I'm a buffoon or I don't listen to much KPop, but I find their lyrics to be pretty damn repetitive and shallow, even if I try to appreciate the language itself. It's either liking a girl or being cucked by love. I don't listen to much JPop either, so I can't make comparisons. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy nor recommend KPop music. Boy With Love had a killer hook, gotta admit.

it probably didn't matter since most of time i ignored the lyrics xD

i usuallly listen to japanese and english songs though. had no particular preference, just whether the tune is good enough for my tastes.

but well, when it came to lyrics, i only remembered the english ones since i don't understand jap and kor.

like the lyrics to 21st century's schizoid man and greatest love of all.

Generik0

I accept most forms of music even the ones that many people dislike.

Except for Christian Rock. Though it has a good message it's just... Not my taste.

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
J-rock and american metal are my usual music I always listen in my playlist.

my favorite band is Asian Kung fu generation and Tk from ling tosite sigure.

fullbios

I'm more familiar with kpop and kpop just cause that's always playing on the radio. So I guess I'd prefer those over english music

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Doom 2016 and Eternal OSTs.

To be honest, I kinda went pass the point of lyrics and hyping on OSTs nowadays.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Yeah, they count.
Then anisongs mainly for me.

I find myself mostly a music over lyrics type of person because when you dont understand the words themselves, you perceive more from the music itself as well as the tone and vibe of how the song is sung.

I do listen to some english songs but far fewer than anisongs.

Steelz

I just like English songs a lot more. Been a fan of Indie and Rock for quite some time.

HokuouTenrou

still listening to Viking black metal, so English (whenever they don't sing in their native tongue, anyway)
then JP (cuz I'm a weeb)

OneSixSeven

Advocate of Headpatting and Handholding
soft loli breathing

Mostly English songs.

If I were to listen to Japanese song, I would have demanded an English translation of the lyrics for my personal enjoyment.

(The KPOP, I'll avoid that because of toxic fandom and dark secrets I heard)

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
If I want some feels, I'll go for English songs with nice lyrics and non-toxic rhythm. Something romantic.

And if I want to be on high or extremely focus, I listen to japanese songs. I mean, many have great quality. I'll share this one as a sample, someone I follow in YouTube.

As for k-pop, I can't appreciate it. Sorry for that. At best, I loved their TV series. It's much heartwarming and I learn and laugh a lot from those series.

So for the songs, I choose J-pop.