Why? What makes you want to write? What is your "Writer's Creed"?

Devils.Advocate

An objectionable existence

Some people write for the same reasons, some people don't.

What are yours?

Share them here if you like.

Is it for money? For fame or glory? To be immortalized in the annual of history?
Is it for Joy? For pleasure of the craft? or maybe the carvings of good decent pros?
Or is it to savor a fantasy of your making? Is it for a moment's escape from this world?
Is it for catharsis to cauterize a wound in your heart?
Is it to change the world? Make others see what worlds could be rather than what we see?
Or that infectious emotion to share and to inspire others?
No? Is it to shower the world in a truth, a true dark shade of a world you see?

What I yearn~ for is that single narrative moment, where threads of story are grown and cultivated until it blooms into a single crescendo.
That satisfaction, that narrative perfection of 'making sense" is what I run towards.

Not that I have succeeded,mind you.

But polishing my craft and working towards that moment in a story is what i strive for.

so, yes in a way I don't need to publish my stories, and for a long time I haven't, I wrote and wrote for myself, and my friends when they asked.

But now I am looking at a long web novel format, the reason being I want something that could at least glimpse some semblance of how traditional epics worked.

That Journey feeling, I want that.

For that I need endurance, and publishing it somewhere ensure some accountability to keep moving forward.

And then @Tony happened, coincidentally on the few days after I started putting my notes together Tony brought the hub to nuf,

so, joining the first of Jan 2019, I post no where but here.

Share and share alike

TLCsDestiny

I enjoy writing, I enjoy my head...So, I put them both together.
I don't generally write for anyone in particular and I know my books aren't for everyone. I feel like I achieve something for me when I finish a book. I feel good that I have come this far, even though my grammar sucks...
My motto: Life is what you make it.
I've experienced a lot and think that I can step into a decent amount of different shoes and be able to bring enjoyment to somebody through my books.
To be honest, I also put a part of myself into each MC that I write about and for the most part, it's exhilarating! I like that I can bring that part of me out and laugh (mostly) at it! That part of me shines in that specific story and it makes me happy that I'll be leaving something behind, if or when I go.
Will my name become something much later on or not?
lol
In the end, it makes me happy...

HonestMistake

Even though I don't post my stories...
There's too many stories rolling around my head, too many demons fighting heroes, too many tragic pasts. I write to get them out of my head. Hasn't worked so far, they just keep coming...

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Some people write for the same reasons, some people don't.

What are yours?

Share them here if you like.

Is it for money? For fame or glory? To be immortalized in the annual of history?
Is it for Joy? For pleasure of the craft? or maybe the carvings of good decent pros?
Or is it to savor a fantasy of your making? Is it for a moment's escape from this world?
Is it for catharsis to cauterize a wound in your heart?
Is it to change the world? Make others see what worlds could be rather than what we see?
Or that infectious emotion to share and to inspire others?
No? Is it to shower the world in a truth, a true dark shade of a world you see?

What I yearn~ for is that single narrative moment, where threads of story are grown and cultivated until it blooms into a single crescendo.
That satisfaction, that narrative perfection of 'making sense" is what I run towards.

Not that I have succeeded,mind you.

But polishing my craft and working towards that moment in a story is what i strive for.

so, yes in a way I don't need to publish my stories, and for a long time I haven't, I wrote and wrote for myself, and my friends when they asked.

But now I am looking at a long web novel format, the reason being I want something that could at least glimpse some semblance of how traditional epics worked.

That Journey feeling, I want that.

For that I need endurance, and publishing it somewhere ensure some accountability to keep moving forward.

And then @Tony happened, coincidentally on the few days after I started putting my notes together Tony brought the hub to nuf,

so, joining the first of Jan 2019, I post no where but here.

Share and share alike
For peace of mind.

Ai-chan has schizophrenia. Many of Ai-chan's dreams are lifetimes of memories, from childhood, all the way to Ai-chan's death. In a way, you can say that Ai-chan already went to isekai or the future thousands of times by now, but they're all in Ai-chan's dreams. Some of the dreams were very clear after waking up, but some others were not, leaving Ai-chan with only feelings of anger, fear, sadness or happiness.

The dreams that Ai-chan remember after waking up, Ai-chan writes, because they won't let Ai-chan forget until Ai-chan wrote them. It was so bad at one time that Ai-chan could see someone who shouldn't be in this world walk out of the wall and stared at Ai-chan in displeasure. Even after waking up, Ai-chan couldn't speak the name of the mother figure in Ai-chan's dream because she was such a god-like presence to the dream Ai-chan that simply saying her name made Ai-chan had a nervous breakdown. Ai-chan went to the psychiatrist and he prescribed amitriptylene and finally Ai-chan could understand enough about the dream and following the psychiatrist's advice, Ai-chan started writing a dream diary. That dream diary ended up becoming two full-length novels. So Ai-chan decided to share it on the net, despite the inherent flaw in Ai-chan's writing ability.

Nowadays, Ai-chan's dreams don't hurt Ai-chan as much as those times. However, each dream still stands around waiting for Ai-chan to write them. Even now, Ai-chan is surrounded by dreams whose stories are not yet written. It's possible one day Ai-chan will suffocate, but hopefully Ai-chan will be able to write everything before that happen. There are stories of tragedy, romance and valour around Ai-chan, and when the need calls for it, Ai-chan ask them for details so that Ai-chan can write stories that fit the need of the situation.

It's kind of difficult to say. It's been a while since I start writing and I had changed my goals every now on then.

Few things stayed the same. From way back, I just want to have lots of fun and express my thoughts, generally.

But well, I think of writing more as a form of communication rather than art. For example, I had been chatting with some supernatural beings inside my mind. It was really fun and it gave me so much warmth. So far, I don't have a single person who can really understand my train of thought, so I do that to ease my loneliness as well. When I talked about my inner thoughts to people, they always thought I was insane--they could only reply to me when they're either drunk or high--probably both.

Often I just pour my emotions without thinking about anything else, so I find myself struggling with the usual story format. I decided to give up for the time being and focus on things I'm more suitable with. Like random writings. I don't really have to care what happened on the last chapter. With each new chapter I can start fresh and only think about the message I wanna express. I've been having a field day on it.

I don't really have any grand ideas like changing the world or immortalizing myself. If anything, I just want to live a quiet, peaceful life.

Writing is kind of like a blessing to me, 'cuz it let me express a lot of things that eating up on myself. I do have a lot of trust issues with people, that I no longer could rely on them to help my own situation. At times when I wrote, it felt like there's someone who accept me as I am. That I could honestly bare everything without having to make it logical or trying to justify my actions. Just raw, brutal honesty that's really effective on picking myself up when I'm down. Talking to others never really helped it; sometimes I felt even worse.

Though well, it's not like I posted everything. Maybe only a bit I want to share with.

It's kinda hard to summarize haha...

I just don't think of my writings as some art I want to make masterpieces of. It's just some plain old message I want others to know, that's all.

TLCsDestiny

It's kind of difficult to say. It's been a while since I start writing and I had changed my goals every now on then.

Few things stayed the same. From way back, I just want to have lots of fun and express my thoughts, generally.

But well, I think of writing more as a form of communication rather than art. For example, I had been chatting with some supernatural beings inside my mind. It was really fun and it gave me so much warmth. So far, I don't have a single person who can really understand my train of thought, so I do that to ease my loneliness as well. When I talked about my inner thoughts to people, they always thought I was insane--they could only reply to me when they're either drunk or high--probably both.

Often I just pour my emotions without thinking about anything else, so I find myself struggling with the usual story format. I decided to give up for the time being and focus on things I'm more suitable with. Like random writings. I don't really have to care what happened on the last chapter. With each new chapter I can start fresh and only think about the message I wanna express. I've been having a field day on it.

I don't really have any grand ideas like changing the world or immortalizing myself. If anything, I just want to live a quiet, peaceful life.

Writing is kind of like a blessing to me, 'cuz it let me express a lot of things that eating up on myself. I do have a lot of trust issues with people, that I no longer could rely on them to help my own situation. At times when I wrote, it felt like there's someone who accept me as I am. That I could honestly bare everything without having to make it logical or trying to justify my actions. Just raw, brutal honesty that's really effective on picking myself up when I'm down. Talking to others never really helped it; sometimes I felt even worse.

Though well, it's not like I posted everything. Maybe only a bit I want to share with.

It's kinda hard to summarize haha...

I just don't think of my writings as some art I want to make masterpieces of. It's just some plain old message I want others to know, that's all.

Don't blame u for not trusting humans. Honestly tho, the humans you've tried to talk had not placed themselves in ur shoes and don't understand u. People don't understand me either but as the years went by, i turned my loneliness into b becoming my own best mate and accepted everything about myself. Have u accepted yourself? And u never know, there might be a couple of people that will understand u, maybe u just haven't met them yet.

HokuouTenrou

General: so I could let out my ideas, no matter how bad it is.

Specific: haven't found much work (yet) which exactly matches my tastes and fetishes, so I decided to write my own. I'm ridiculously picky.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I think a classmate in HS inspired me to write. I was just a kid who had a good storyline but was terrible at drawing. She said that i should try writing a novel and shows me her works and i just decided to write one.

It was about a kid who only had to study and get good grades when one of his classmates introduce him to video games. He plays 'DOTA' and had a latent ability to predict his enemy's pattern.

It was messy, convoluted, confusing and plain just weird since it was my first time writing. Yet, my classmates had found my novel interesting and i decided to write a few more before graduation. But the girl who taught me how to make a novel, told me to sign up at wattpad and gain fame there which i tried to make a more interesting novel(i.e. it was a fairy tail copycat yet more develop and fleshed out story for me at that time) which didn't gain anything there and felt depressed that i thought it wasn't good. It was only 2 years after i left wattpad that it was actually good and peeps there supported me to continue writing but i wasn't that motivated to write anymore.

TLCsDestiny

I think a classmate in HS inspired me to write. I was just a kid who had a good storyline but was terrible at drawing. She said that i should try writing a novel and shows me her works and i just decided to write one.

It was about a kid who only had to study and get good grades when one of his classmates introduce him to video games. He plays 'DOTA' and had a latent ability to predict his enemy's pattern.

It was messy, convoluted, confusing and plain just weird since it was my first time writing. Yet, my classmates had found my novel interesting and i decided to write a few more before graduation. But the girl who taught me how to make a novel, told me to sign up at wattpad and gain fame there which i tried to make a more interesting novel(i.e. it was a fairy tail copycat yet more develop and fleshed out story for me at that time) which didn't gain anything there and felt depressed that i thought it wasn't good. It was only 2 years after i left wattpad that it was actually good and peeps there supported me to continue writing but i wasn't that motivated to write anymore.

I had been to wattpad too but didn't like it. There's too many books so new ones now don't stand out and given a chance, well unless ur already popular (which i wasn't). I nearly gave up to but sorted out my feelings. I love to write and i don't want to care if 1 or 2 don't like my stories and a few more don't even give it a chance. On SH there's more of a chance ur story will be seen. I say give it a go and u might want to write again.

sage61

The reason I starts writing comes from my love of reading stories. I have read so much that I eventually ran out of good stories to read and so decided to write my own stories to supplement my entertainment.

Lukha

mother of all ships
Honestly, I write because I read a lot. And I'm a bit of a critic, so sometimes when I read stories, I imagine how it could've been done differently or to better suit my tastes. But also because I'm an avid reader, so I tend to run out of things that I like to read so I write stuff that I know I'd like to read so that I can fangirl with my readers over my characters. :blob_joy:

lazyredragon

writers creed easy

Live your hearts desires in ink and write your darkest dreams in heart for if the world would see your mind they would say you're as mad as I

-A weird priest that used to visit my dreams