Would you actually want to be isekai'd yourself?

Would you?

• Yes

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 32 47.1%

• Total voters

DutyInternal

Given preparation time, yes I would
If I could choose the kind of world from a list of options, as well as choose my own abilities/cheats and be assured that I would be OP as hell, then definitely. Otherwise no since the world I would appear in would be heavily reliant on the luck of the draw, and I don't trust Fortune since she is a very fickle mistress.
You have to take Machiavellis's advice to mistress fortune.
It is better to be impetuous than cautious, for Fortune is a woman, and it is necessary if you wish to keep her down, to beat her and knock her about. And one sees that she lets herself be conquered by men of this sort more than by those who proceed coldly.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I give a maybe because I need to check the following:

1. Is there entertainment for me like brothels and bars that I will have no issue to go into?
2. Will I have cheats?
3. Is there a return trip like a vacation thing?

If either one of them is a No, then I probably don't want to go. Because it will feel like a step down from my current cushy modern day first-world country life.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I would prefer to go to heaven instead.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
isekai sounds fun and all but as a city boy who's absolutely dependant on modern plumbing, yeah I'll stick to the present.

I won't get cool magic cheats and a big tiddy elf harem but at least I'll have a flushing toilet.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Personally, I do sometimes. Life sucks.

I'm a plain person, working a normal office job, living alone, single, and definitely not rich. I meet the typical requirements but I don't wanna see truck-kun lmao.

What about you guys, given the chance?
meh.
gimme a cute lil sis and maybe its worth its
otherwise i got no motivation to lve better than i am now, just indulging in my pleasures and working to further said pleasures

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
meh.
gimme a cute lil sis and maybe its worth its
otherwise i got no motivation to lve better than i am now, just indulging in my pleasures and working to further said pleasures
>mfw no bratty little sis to give cock correction to 💢💢💢

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Depends on how you get isekai'd. If I'm going to be deded or put into a vegetative state otherwise, sure. I'll even take the fate worse than death: being a harem MC.

D

Deleted member 57675

No. Looks rosy from stories that don't necessarily focus on all the grimmy details. Like technology you're so used too that don't exist in an isekai world. Discrimination if live in medieval society bc their views differ from modern world - would not want go there if am one of the groups considered at the bottom of society. The isekai world may not fully understand you with your knowledge - you could be the hero and architect...you could also get called a witch for all your knowledge that seems heretic to them, and be put to burnt at stake. People like family and friends and all the things you worked hard are poof. You'll never see them again. You'll have to start all over again, and sometimes starting from scratch isn't as fresh and lifting stuff off your shoulders as it sounds. Isekai got its own dangers with different creatures, races, magic, etc. Unless you have plot armor to shield you, good luck.

Florestes

A shard of time embraced by darkness.
Personally, I do sometimes. Life sucks.

I'm a plain person, working a normal office job, living alone, single, and definitely not rich. I meet the typical requirements but I don't wanna see truck-kun lmao.

What about you guys, given the chance?
Maybe. Depending on the new world you'll end up in.
Most of the popular ones are very fucked up places if you remove the MC tinted glasses. Not saying that our world is any better, but eh, I'm already here.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
isekai sounds fun and all but as a city boy who's absolutely dependant on modern plumbing, yeah I'll stick to the present.

I won't get cool magic cheats and a big tiddy elf harem but at least I'll have a flushing toilet.
You. I like you.

Same here. I'm too attached to modern toilets. Only thing that would convince me is if I could guarantee to get water magic to cheat the bidet into the world.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I'm neutral.

I wouldn't be particularly against getting isekai'd because I have some parts of my life that I hate and would love to have a fresh restart to get them fixed.

I wouldn't particularly want to get isekai'd though, as I do have some attachments to my current life. They aren't super strong, but they exist.

So... If I was a victim of "Surprise Truck-kun Isekai", I wouldn't feel terrible about it. Even if I would still have some regrets.

OTOH, if I had to choose if I wanted to get isekai'd or not... I'd need to check the terms and conditions to make my decision.

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
depends on the world honestly. If It's a world like AoT then nah. I'm fine.

But even then, it also has to do a lot with the powers ill isekai with. Since i don't think rotting in a corner with weak magic in a world where power is everything will be that fun

Eh. My life's not so bad. I wouldn't give it up on a gamble over what the isekai world might be like.

If I got to decide where I went and pick my "cheats", that'd be a more compelling deal.

But I've got friends in this world. I'd be sad to leave them behind no matter what the new world worked out to be like.
All this said, if I had already been hit by Truck-kun, I'd definitely choose to get isekai'd over whatever awaits the dead under normal circumstances. (Partly but not entirely because my current expectation there is 'annihilation and oblivion'.)

D

Deleted member 57675

This thread has got me interested in making titles...

Fuck, I just got Iseka-ied.
And now I miss my Bidet Toilet...

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
My wife has a terminal illness. She's stable, but you can't cure it, only treat it. So I suppose if she's still alive when I get hit by Truck-Kun, there is no force in any universe that will stop me from getting back to her.

If it's after she dies, then I wouldn't mind getting hit by truck-kun, regardless of the outcome.

InceTagn

A stranger passing by.
This is why most Isekai in stories are forced.
It would have been too tiring for truck-kun to contact his victims before hand and ask them if they want to travel.
Or perhaps he ask, someway, somehow?

There are also those wizards who summon whole classrooms, they will never care about your thoughts.

In my case, it depend of the way I am isekaied. I don't want to kiss a truck. I don't want to be isekaied alone. I also need a phone with internet.