Writing Hot Takes

OtherSlater

Because The First Slater Died.
Give me some. I'll agree or disagree with them

I'll start: the 'word' cock in Eroica is so overused. Use DICK, damn you.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Editing is for the most part overrated
Music does not help you write
Living life helps you write
Writing too much makes you inable to write
Most writers are retards when it comes to the process of writing so they have to suffer through boom and burst cycles that permanently egg them into this poor state of writing
You should edit during writing
If you story has no themes, get out
Hero worship is the most important aspect of a work

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Most writers are retards when it comes to the process of writing so they have to suffer through boom and burst cycles that permanently egg them into this poor state of writing
I strongly disagree with all of these points. But with the edit during writing, one I disagree the most. And music does help with writing. It sets the mood for scenes.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I strongly disagree with all of these points. But with the edit during writing, one I disagree the most. And music does help with writing. It sets the mood for scenes.
yes.

Attachments

• ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 23

OtherSlater

No.
DEAD wrong.
Yeah.
Not really...
I guess?
Nah, reading over is better.
Yes and No.
Not in the slightest.

OtherSlater

Penis? I mean in some contexts, yeah. Pretty mid word in general

lambenttyto

I strongly disagree with your disagrreement on the part about ediitjng

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
"Show don't tell" prematurely ruined a generation of young writers

the worst thing about mtf gender bender is removing the penis. seriously that is the best part and you got to ruin it.

though it's also kinda disheartening when they made it smaller and barely functional, it's much better if they actually made it bigger and more potent.

also, ppl maybe should learn from BL authors on how to make interesting titles. seriously, their titles are just something else, even tho i didn't read the story since i'm not into BL

Last edited:

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I dunno, I like cock. The word! I don't want to read about manhoods if they're throbbing, pulsating, or doing anything other than hanging there frankly. Don't like dick. It gets worse when the author starts on about 'honeyed love tunnels' and idk...can't take it seriously. It's a fine line between turning your reader on and making them spew their drink all over the page.

I think people should stop using the word 'devoid'. The room was devoid of light - dark, then, was it? The snowy landscape was devoid of warmth - nah, it's just cold. The cupboard was devoid of food = EMPTY!! FFS STOP IT!!!!

OtherSlater

the worst thing about mtf gender bender is removing the penis. seriously that is the best part and you got to ruin it.

though it's also kinda disheartening when they made it smaller and barely functional, it's much better if they actually made it bigger and more potent.

also, ppl maybe should learn from BL authors on how to make interesting titles. seriously, their titles are just something else, even tho i didn't read the story since i'm not into BL
Noy really, just make a futa plot or make them trans at that point.
It sounds like you just want a BL.
Sureeeeee buddy...
I dunno, I like cock. The word! I don't want to read about manhoods if they're throbbing, pulsating, or doing anything other than hanging there frankly. Don't like dick. It gets worse when the author starts on about 'honeyed love tunnels' and idk...can't take it seriously. It's a fine line between turning your reader on and making them spew their drink all over the page.

I think people should stop using the word 'devoid'. The room was devoid of light - dark, then, was it? The snowy landscape was devoid of warmth - nah, it's just cold. The cupboard was devoid of food = EMPTY!! FFS STOP IT!!!!
Bold of you to assume that there aren't two massive pulsating DICKS I'm writing about.
Sure, dope word.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
People seem to mistake writing simplistically as don't write large paragraphs. I cannot tell you the amount of times on RR when people said my paragraphs were too long and I need to write more simplistic, when most of the sentences I wrote barely went into any description. Taking that advice ends up with authors writing two sentence paragraphs that has the writing style of The Road. The simple, almost childlike writing style worked for that book, but it shouldn't be the standard.