Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
I think I do highlight at least one feature since I believe readers like to imagine how the character's look like and having at least one piece of detail can do wonders.
I think that is the 'novelist' way of describing a character, tbh. Just one or two highlight or standout features is the best, and leave the rest to the reader imagination. I find that too many novels here describe a little too much.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
I think that is the 'novelist' way of describing a character, tbh. Just one or two highlight or standout features is the best, and leave the rest to the reader imagination. I find that too many novels here describe a little to much.
Maybe, maybe. But I do like some details, at least. I do feel like some novels do describe too much, but sometimes I feel like I describe too little.

Heck, the islands and food got more lines of description than the people!

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Maybe, maybe. But I do like some details, at least. I do feel like some novels do describe too much, but sometimes I feel like I describe too little.

We have literal pictures of our characters, just stick it in the glossary and ask people if they want to see it else they can use there own imagination. It would also give the glossary some much needed love
I believe in you, Fy!
You can do it

fyrre

A dead character in my story got more appearance description than the main characters ever did.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
We have literal pictures of our characters, just stick it in the glossary and ask people if they want to see it else they can use there own imagination. It would also give the glossary some much needed love
Ah, well, I was talking more about the side characters I don't have a picture for. But I do think the glossary is a good idea~
You can do it
:blob_highfive:
Gonna try and release a chapter tonight.

Off topic, but does anyone have music they listen to as they write?
Depends? Sometimes music is too distracting, to be honest. Sometimes it's nice to listen to some music, which I usually default to either lofi or Touhou.
A dead character in my story got more appearance description than the main characters ever did.
:blob_reach::blob_reach::blob_reach:

I'm pretty sure I never really put a description of my main character, now that I look at it. In the story at least...

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades