The bible is a bad novel

J_Chemist

Alot of ppl think it's the most exciting part. Until your realize that humans are the ones who lose in this thing
This is why I found it most exciting. In my youth, I was firmly aware that humanity probably deserves it. Even more so now that I know how shitty people are in general.

and the entire thing reads like a bad temper tantrum
I expect nothing less from someone who abandons children over an apple.

Arkus86

Just read some of it yesterday. Spoiling future events with the subtlety of a train crashing into an oil truck, Gary Sue MC, contradictions, and many more.
I can see the author(s)' fetishes in every page.
2/5. Only reason why it isn't a 1 is because John the Baptist is the coolest man I've seen.
That's what happens if you have dozens of authors contributing to a single work without proper oversight, and yet more editors changing it as they like over the course of millennia.

Redemit

He gave them ONE rule "You're free to prance around naked and basically do whatever you want and eat from any tree bush or root you want, except that one over there if you eat from it you're going to die." Also he didn't abandon anyone it's more like he put us in the corner for a while and we've kept misbehaving ever since

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Just read some of it yesterday. Spoiling future events with the subtlety of a train crashing into an oil truck, Gary Sue MC, contradictions, and many more.
I can see the author(s)' fetishes in every page.
2/5. Only reason why it isn't a 1 is because John the Baptist is the coolest man I've seen.
The bible is the one true word of God. It immediately starts with a story about why women and their simp enablers are responsible for all death and sin in the world. The bible is timeless and even if you only read it from a secular point of view, the lessons inside will improve your quality of life drastically. Please find God. 🙏

Tempokai

Overworked One
I personally think that the Bible is a one giant fanfiction compilation of a many fanfictions that are based loosely on a real story that gotten out out of hand by the sheer popularity of it. While the core teachings were left as is, the constant adding of the lore had made the story unrecognisable from what the first book was, if it ever existed.

So while it's a bad novel to you, it's all because of "corporate meddling", let's put that way, it became what we have right now.

Redemit

The bible is the one true word of God. It immediately starts with a story about why women and their simp enablers are responsible for all death and sin in the world. The bible is timeless and even if you only read it from a secular point of view, the lessons inside will improve your quality of life drastically. Please find God. 🙏
Aman brother Lloyd 🙏

bulmabriefs144

This is why I found it most exciting. In my youth, I was firmly aware that humanity probably deserves it. Even more so now that I know how shitty people are in general.

Well, he didn't abandon us (or we'd be dead before our first breath). But I also find it fascinating that on the one hand you think we deserve punishment but on the other, you blame God. Either God is responsible for our suffering (then Revelation isn't valid), or we are responsible and God doesn't exist (then Revelation still isn't valid), or the gospel is right and Jesus died for our sins (in which case, that contradicts Revelation, and it still isn't valid).

But it was probably a common cold fruit. You see, viruses rewrite the human genetic code. What is a virus that all of us have? Yup, the cold. Adam and Eve ate a virus. Yummy!

I think I'm going to hell for finding this funny
I'm pretty sure if religious humor were a sin, I would have died years ago. After all, I also had Jesus running in a rigged election (his mom and dad are running under Catholic and Jewish pseudonyms, both of which will throw the match if they win).

So while it's a bad novel to you, it's all because of "corporate meddling", let's put that way, it became what we have right now.
Parts of the Bible are really freaking awesome. Much of the story of Elijah in particular. He basically stalls the rain for three years, ravens feed him bread and meat, then he comes back and teases them as they still can't make it rain or burn a sacrifice before burning something soaked with water and making it rain, then he gets chased off to a mountain, complains to God, God says "I can't here you, you'll have to come outside." So he goes outside, and God brings huge storms before it's quiet, Elijah basically is shitting his pants and is like "ummmm..."

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I personally think that the Bible is a one giant fanfiction compilation of a many fanfictions that are based loosely on a real story that gotten out out of hand by the sheer popularity of it. While the core teachings were left as is, the constant adding of the lore had made the story unrecognisable from what the first book was, if it ever existed.

What corporate meddling?The bible is 100% fact. There are literally all kinds of roman texts that collaborate Jesus and his miracles. There is even physical evidence like the shroud of Turin that has been used to recreate what Jesus looked liked.

J_Chemist

Well, he didn't abandon us (or we'd be dead before our first breath). But I also find it fascinating that on the one hand you think we deserve punishment but on the other, you blame God. Either God is responsible for our suffering (then Revelation isn't valid), or we are responsible and God doesn't exist (then Revelation still isn't valid), or the gospel is right and Jesus died for our sins (in which case, that contradicts Revelation, and it still isn't valid).

But it was probably a common cold fruit. You see, viruses rewrite the human genetic code. What is a virus that all of us have? Yup, the cold. Adam and Eve ate a virus. Yummy!

I'm pretty sure if religious humor were a sin, I would have died years ago. After all, I also had Jesus running in a rigged election (his mom and dad are running under Catholic and Jewish pseudonyms, both of which will throw the match if they win).

Parts of the Bible are really freaking awesome. Much of the story of Elijah in particular. He basically stalls the rain for three years, ravens feed him bread and meat, then he comes back and teases them as they still can't make it rain or burn a sacrifice before burning something soaked with water and making it rain, then he gets chased off to a mountain, complains to God, God says "I can't here you, you'll have to come outside." So he goes outside, and God brings huge storms before it's quiet, Elijah basically is shitting his pants and is like "ummmm..."
Please don't bring serious religion in. It's making my brain hurt and the desire to troll this topic is difficult to keep on lock.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Didn't someone troll Elijah for being bald and get mauled by bears?

bulmabriefs144

Please don't bring serious religion in. It's making my brain hurt and the desire to troll this topic is difficult to keep on lock.
Oh no, that isn't serious religion. That's my own religious ideas, independent from the Bible.

You just need to...

Didn't someone troll Elijah for being bald and get mauled by bears?
I'm not sure sure if it was Elijah. Or if it wasn't being old rather than bald.
But I am quite sure it was two she-bears.
(Checked) It was his follower Elisha, and it was for having grey hair.

It was a beary bad time to (insert more ursine puns here).

Last edited:

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Until your realize that humans are the ones who lose in this thing
Only the ones who don't believe in Christ. The ones who do win eternal life and eternal happiness, which is a pretty big win, imo
the entire thing reads like a bad temper tantrum
Not exactly? It is more like tough love, imo, and is mentioned again and again that God promises salvation to believers
(it also contradicts the Gospels, making it subject to the curse in Galatians 1:8).
Elaborate, please
Actually nevermind. We aren't allowed to talk religion on the forums

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Go easy on the authors. Most people didn't even know how to write back then.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
I guess no one's talking about the final arc, the Book of Revelations?

D

Deleted member 54065

i can't say much since lazy, but i think jesus is a pretty cool guy.
Reading the bible and I find Jesus to be rather a 'party person' (contrary to what Puritans always love to portray him). Like, he's always present in parties/celebrations where there are lots of 'sinners' and 'crooks'. And yeah, I believe that's what attracted people to him; he can't be found secluding himself in some lonely place all the time, he's going where his ministry needs him.