The bible is a bad novel

bulmabriefs144

I don't think you understood the old testament. God had allowed humans to do as they pleased for a long time as they had free will but he only killed or had someone else kill because they were so unrighteous that he couldn't let them continue as they were. The flood was the result of angels breeding with humans to the point that it had created nephilim or giants depending and the only true have human bloodline was Noah and his family.
Yeah, it was the extinction aspect of all of this. They were the Nephilim. Half-angels.
The Mark of the Beast in all likelihood is some sort of gene-engineering thing (e.g. an attempt to do the same thing) rather than just a tracking chip or something. But all of this prophecy is at odds with a few passages, like where Jesus says "I have come not to condemn the world but to save it," and where Paul says, "nothing can separate us from the love of God." Noah's Ark was necessary as it screwed up humanity before there was any hope of salvation. Now salvation is the foundation of the nature of humanity (Jesus's the rejected stone). No amount of engineering can produce any species that God would hate, as Jesus died for all. At best you'd have something like the Borg or something like Envy in Fullmetal Alchemist. Even the Borg were able to be reclaimed.

To me it's a more like a movie with a big creative team and one main director than a book (mostly because my family are huge film buffs). The film has a very dark opening part where nothing exists at all, then people get killed in the first 30 minutes. It's a 4 hour film with alot of sweeping scenery and special effects, but more toward Korean Drama film than typical western film. A moody drama that's very much trying to earn its happy ending. But the executives don't understand the work at all, and said "the producer says we're doing a horror, is that right?" And the director is like, "No, it's an experimental drama that works from multiple genres. It's a fantasy/horror with romance and comedy, and a happy ending." The executives say, "The producer thinks you'll get a move dramatic ending if most of the people die, and only a few worthy heroes live."
The director is like, "But that ruins the whole premise! I just said in the middle part of Act IV that nobody is worthy, and that everyone needs the main character to save them. Here in Act V, you've got the main character killing people left and right, and then the supposed worthy... who would be nobody btw, gets some happy ending?!? I'm afraid that won't..."
So then they say, "Production says they won't continue to fund if you keep the ending. Four hours are already overbudget for the film." And he's like, "Sigh..."

The Bible is a bad novel, but it was written as a screenplay. Films just aren't written the same way. Too bad about the ending, though. Oh yes, it sounds great at the very end where everything is happy looking, but that's like living with a charming psychopath. I wanna negotiate a rewrite of the last act.

Last edited:

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I'm surprised about the number of Christians (count me in) I see in this thread, considering a lot here hates religious stuff.
I ain't many of the most popular and successful authors were Christians, like C.S. Lewis the father of modern western portal fantasy and Tolkien who basically created a majority of the tropes we have come to love today.

As to address the original post: Your review is understandable I understand that some don't get the message, however the angels look metal as fuck and the story of Job hits me in the feels.

Some of the volumes read better than others and have more of a clear cut time and protagonist but regardless I believe each one serves their purpose in the narrative.

bulmabriefs144

Angels do look metal as fuck.

Aside from Norse religion, Christianity is the only religion that really gets the metal genre.

D

Deleted member 54065

I ain't many of the most popular and successful authors were Christians, like C.S. Lewis the father of modern western portal fantasy and Tolkien who basically created a majority of the tropes we have come to love today.

As to address the original post: Your review is understandable I understand that some don't get the message, however the angels look metal as fuck and the story of Job hits me in the feels.

Some of the volumes read better than others and have more of a clear cut time and protagonist but regardless I believe each one serves their purpose in the narrative.
True. And Tolkien and Lewis are my 'idols' in writing. Well, the Bible--like other religious stuff and literature--are prone to misinterpretation, hence we're taught in college never to argue with someone about religion (along with politics). That's why I don't waste my time with someone contesting my 'beliefs'; I won't agree with them anyway (like that edgy guy in the early thread replies who assumed I don't read the Bible lol).