You've Reincarnated Mega OP Into a Fantasy World And You Want To Abolish Injustice

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
More Detailed Description

You have reincarnated into a fantasy world as an extremely overpowered existence. You are so overpowered that you suspect that you are currently the strongest being alive with more power than any single legendary figure from history. In addition to your reincarnation you also find yourself to be a member of one of the most reviled races; basically you have reincarnated as a demon lord type existence. (Don't worry about looking ugly. Everyone gets the benefit to choose what they look like. How about that!)

This world is filled with danger, as most fantasy worlds are. There are monsters and countries at war. In addition, there are inherent problems with class distinction, caste systems, racism, slavery, sexism, wealth gap, lawlessness, corruption, feudalism, imperialism, authoritarianism, and religious war.

Now then, let's pretend that you wanted to abolish injustice. What is injustice? What method might you employ to eliminate injustice that you see?

Reason Why I Made This Writing Prompt

I was thinking about a lot of OP isekai MCs and realized that they all pretty much forget about injustice, don't care, or just flat out ignore it. Many isekai MCs basically just see slavery and think, "My harem is just getting started!"

I believe that most modern human beings believe that slavery is an injustice. So, if a person was suddenly placed in a similar situation, a situation where their power was unrivalled, what would be the best way to go about abolishing slavery?

It was a hard question because every single immediate and forceful method I thought of pretty much results in large casualties. Also, there are also moral issues with relying on force that would have reprecussions far into the future. Thus I have turned to you, other people with other ideas, to save the day! It was stated somewhere that group input usually results in a more rational decision making process than a single person making all decisions alone (prevention of gross oversight).

ForestDweller

This is a good question. I myself am planning to make my MC eventually run/have a heavy influence on a certain country, with him being one of the strongest people in the world.

My plan is just to start from said kingdom and make it the best possible kingdom on the face of the world. It would be the most technologically, economically, and culturally advanced, to the point that it can influence other kingdoms. Through that influence, MC could ban stuff like slavery. Kinda like how the British did it.

It would be the very first fully blown industrial nation, so it has no need for slaves, especially since I'm also planning of giving the technology of making automatas and golems freely to the public. It would also hold the knowledge of teleportation gates, massively boosting the ease of trade.

Through it, the world itself would be modernized.

>let's pretend that you wanted to abolish injustice

no

i think we should make injustice more severe. especially gender-equality chances for men to be raped, pregnant, and be sold as sex slaves.

isekai is such a SJW misandrist.

Zoey

Mustachu
While I'm not sure how you might change the views of the masses to not condone slavery in a preexisting nation, working from the ground up might work. Like starting your own nation/kingdom that has laws against slavery.

Edit: or like @ForestDweller said just influence a preexisting kingdom from the top down.

Zoey

Mustachu
This is a good question. I myself am planning to make my MC eventually run/have a heavy influence on a certain country, with him being one of the strongest people in the world.

My plan is just to start from said kingdom and make it the best possible kingdom on the face of the world. It would be the most technologically, economically, and culturally advanced, to the point that it can influence other kingdoms. Through that influence, MC could ban stuff like slavery. Kinda like how the British did it.

It would be the very first fully blown industrial nation, so it has no need for slaves, especially since I'm also planning of giving the technology of making automatas and golems freely to the public. It would also hold the knowledge of teleportation gates, massively boosting the ease of trade.

Just don't make the automatas sentient that opens up a whole new can of worms.
Unless you want magic sentient androids it's your story after all.

ForestDweller

Just don't make the automatas sentient that opens up a whole new can of worms.
Unless you want magic sentient androids it's your story after all.

I think I'll make them be like your typical emotionless girls/guys that is completely loyal to their owners. Even so, there would be laws forbidding mistreatment of automatas.

It's a nice way to phase out slavery, not just for the workforce but also for the pervs and virgins who want waifus/husbandos—like those isekai MCs who bought a slave just to be his waifu.

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
I'll share my thoughts, which may or may not be included in my novel in the future. For obvious reasons I can only make it as a list, this is basically world domination though. It isn't in order.

First win over the repressed, even if you have so much power, you are only one person.
Gather as much information as possible.
Teach your allies your goal, and make that a part of the new social group.
Get money.
Infiltrate the governments of other nations and groups.
Dominate key sectors in the industry using modern knowledge (transportation, primary resources extraction, etc.)
Create a new religion.
Use your overwhelming power to make the inhabitants believe you're a existence out of reach, but refuse to be treated as a god.
Use the previous point to plant the idea they are all equal (nothing compared to you).
Repeat over and over again your values, everyone is equal and free, teach them human rights, respect to life, etc.
Go to war if needed.
Help the best choice overrun their government and start a rebellion.
Use severe public punishments to make people abide to the law.
Create your own nation.
Open your arms to everyone, without discrimination, to join you.
Kill the spies that surely infiltrated, or use them to give false information.
Create nationalism, but make sure they still see the others as future brothers and sisters, instead of enemies that should be destroyed.
Prioritize your country at all cost, to make it seem like a peaceful heaven.
Research the origin of monsters and magical powers.
Slowly transform old ideas to new ones, with minimal and simple changes (Example: slaves are now servants, and they can end their relationship with their master).
Create laws simple to understand and very detailed, and teach them to the population (What's rape?)
If the enemies are resisting quite well, steal their industries to threaten them (Control an important port, don't sell them iron when you're the only one who has it, kill the leaders and replace them).
Again travel to each village, city, etc. In your country and teach them your vision of human rights, make sure it operates efficiently and the government is useful, etc.
Amnesty; in a world like that you'll end up with genocide if you punish everyone who committed a crime before your arrival.
Follow what you preach as best as you can.
Maintain the current structures as best as you can to avoid chaos (same economic system, politic, etc.) and slowly add new rules.
The most important is to have the inhabitants do most of the work, if they don't achieve it themselves, they won't appreciate it and everything will return to normal in a few years.

I think that's everything.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Well, that is determined by the author as injustice, because I basically made my MC going through all those BS from humans, other races and gods just so he can grow to be one of the most edgy of all edgelords who keeps crying out about the injustices done to his life, all while the people who made him suffer and are currently suffering cry out the injustice done to them.

I have created a perpetual hate cycle where not even the dead can escape and life just gets crappier by the seconds. And I should toss it into the dustbin right now.

For the record, trying to create an all powerful kingdom with no racism (highly unlikely), no poverty (nope) and no societal difference (absolutely not) is down right impossible (cuz that is basically communism/ nationalism and humans are selfish assholes who craps on other humans and things). If the people who are not worshipping you as a god from the inside isn't tearing you apart, be sure that the rest of the world will, as your newly created status quo is disturbing their peace and it is injustice to them.

Remember, there is no hope, no justice, only the bitterness sorrow that is the unequal life lol.

And I have gone all edgy over there, nice.

Moctemma

I want to add more on my point about avoiding the inhabitants to see you as a God.

They'll see you as an outsider (I assume you managed to hide the fact you aren't from that world), making it easy for them to think that it's impossible to do what you ask for. It's also on the nature of humans to rebel against a greater power, as humans they'll be dominated by fear and will try to destroy you.

But if you are "one of them, the best of them" they'll imitate you to have what you have, to be what you are. Increasing your changes of they following your philosophy and new ideas.

Humans can be changed to humanoids, or living beings capable of cognition.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Conquer the world by force and then enforce the eradication of injustice.

justice without power and force is just naive idealism.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
In order to do this permanently, it's best to take over the world. Here's my guide on how to do it "right."

Step one: Do your best to minimize knowledge of your existence. Kill your way to secrecy if you really have to. The less people know of you, the fewer countermeasures they can put in place to stop you. Paranoid? Perhaps. But in a world that may have any number of magical abilities, paranoia is necessary in order to deal with the unexpected. Murphy's law is a real bitch. Plus, you don't need to love and adoration of the people, you need to fix the world.

If this is unavoidable, then try to present yourself as weaker or more flawed or just generally different from how you actually are. The less your potential enemies know your motives, the harder it is for them to anticipate you. Oh, so you can't alleviate all the suffering in front of you immediately? I get it, it's sad. Be patient and don't tip your hand. Thoroughness is important if you want to be certain.

Step Two: Investigate the powers and abilities of the world. You need to know every skill or talent different groups could have. Be paranoid. It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. If there are any techniques or abilities that are straight up evil, do your best to remove them from the world.

Step Three: Investigate the world powers/countries/organizations. Understand the toes you're going to step on if you continue down this path. Determine their motivations, whether or not they would be more likely than not to be against you, and be friendly with them until you decide that they're not the people you want to deal with.

Step Four: Build up a power base. One man cannot do everything, even if they have ridiculous power. If you want to leave the world in such a state that it can function without, then this is necessary. Second opinions are also a major plus. Even if you can come up with good ideas, that doesn't mean others can't come up with even better ones. Basically, don't do everything yourself because that's stupid.

The other thing you need are assets. Money. Resources. The more you have that you can throw at problems, the better.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that people are people. The people you give power to do not have to be entirely dedicated to your goals, but they do have to obey your and be loyal. Letting your power base get full of spies is stupid and shouldn't be done. You should be spying on everyone else instead!

Step Five: Don't let them know you're coming. If you have an enemy or a goal, take care of it quickly, effectively, and silently. Subverting an enemy into working for you is usually better than destroying them but you'll need to figure out the benefits and drawbacks to that on a case by case basis. Then, once you've been outed as the potential world conqueror that you are, you can be a bit more public with your moves. After all, if everyone already knows, there is less of a need to keep that shit hidden.

Step Six: You have the world. This is where it gets really hard. You have to spend the rest of your life handling this mess. But don't just handle it, improve it. Invest into technology and into attempts to gain new knowledge. Better technology can mean a higher quality of life for your people. Promote higher education. Attempt to find the secrets of immortality if possible so that you can rule the world forever and make all of the people alive immortal so that no one ever dies unless they choose to, therefor alleviating all suffering.

Step ???: I hate to say it, but some people will never accept you or what you stand for, ever. Even if you are doing your best to be good to them and help them, they'll bite the hand that feeds. There is only one way to handle them that can be considered the best, in my opinion. BRAINWASHING! Don't focus on making them a mindless drone, though. Just attempt to remove prejudices from them and offer some suggestions to changes in their lifestyle. You don't want to turn your people into mindless slaves, but you also don't want them to be massive idiots that do their best to hinder you even when you're helping them.

Anyways, that's the rough outline for how to do it.

Last edited:

Yorda

In order to do this permanently, it's best to take over the world. Here's my guide on how to do it "right."

Step one: Do your best to minimize knowledge of your existence. Kill your way to secrecy if you really have to. The less people know of you, the fewer countermeasures they can put in place to stop you. Paranoid? Perhaps. But in a world that may have any number of magical abilities, paranoia is necessary in order to deal with the unexpected. Murphy's law is a real bitch. Plus, you don't need to love and adoration of the people, you need to fix the world.

If this is unavoidable, then try to present yourself as weaker or more flawed or just generally different from how you actually are. The less your potential enemies know your motives, the harder it is for them to anticipate you. Oh, so you can't alleviate all the suffering in front of you immediately? I get it, it's sad. Be patient and don't tip your hand. Thoroughness is important if you want to be certain.

Step Two: Investigate the powers and abilities of the world. You need to know every skill or talent different groups could have. Be paranoid. It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. If there are any techniques or abilities that are straight up evil, do your best to remove them from the world.

Step Three: Investigate the world powers/countries/organizations. Understand the toes you're going to step on if you continue down this path. Determine their motivations, whether or not they would be more likely than not to be against you, and be friendly with them until you decide that they're not the people you want to deal with.

Step Four: Build up a power base. One man cannot do everything, even if they have ridiculous power. If you want to leave the world in such a state that it can function without, then this is necessary. Second opinions are also a major plus. Even if you can come up with good ideas, that doesn't mean others can't come up with even better ones. Basically, don't do everything yourself because that's stupid.

The other thing you need are assets. Money. Resources. The more you have that you can throw at problems, the better.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that people are people. The people you give power to do not have to be entirely dedicated to your goals, but they do have to obey your and be loyal. Letting your power base get full of spies is stupid and shouldn't be done. You should be spying on everyone else instead!

Step Five: Don't let them know you're coming. If you have an enemy or a goal, take care of it quickly, effectively, and silently. Subverting an enemy into working for you is usually better than destroying them but you'll need to figure out the benefits and drawbacks to that on a case by case basis. Then, once you've been outed as the potential world conqueror that you are, you can be a bit more public with your moves. After all, if everyone already knows, there is less of a need to keep that shit hidden.

Step Six: You have the world. This is where it gets really hard. You have to spend the rest of your life handling this mess. But don't just handle it, improve it. Invest into technology and into attempts to gain new knowledge. Better technology can mean a higher quality of life for your people. Promote higher education. Attempt to find the secrets of immortality if possible so that you can rule the world forever and make all of the people alive immortal so that no one ever dies unless they choose to, therefor alleviating all suffering.

Step ???: I hate to say it, but some people will never accept you or what you stand for, ever. Even if you are doing your best to be good to them and help them, they'll bite the hand that feeds. There is only one way to handle them that can be considered the best, in my opinion. BRAINWASHING! Don't focus on making them a mindless drone, though. Just attempt to remove prejudices from them and offer some suggestions to changes in their lifestyle. You don't want to turn your people into mindless slaves, but you also don't want them to be massive idiots that do their best to hinder you even when you're helping them.

Anyways, that's the rough outline for how to do it.

I think you win. This excellent logic. Very effective. The entire purpose of this thread is to bring together many different ideas and inputs to form a solution better than any single person could achieve.

"Second opinions are also a major plus. Even if you can come up with good ideas, that doesn't mean others can't come up with even better ones."

Check mark.

"Build up a power base. One man cannot do everything, even if they have ridiculous power."

So, I should level up a party of downtrodden underdogs who will be absolutely loyal and share my goals of eliminating injustice in the world. It'll be a secret organization that greatly increases my available options. They could act as advisors/retainers (possibly stopping my descent into megalomania and depravity due to my overwhelming power corrupting me over time) and engage in effective debate to make optimal decisions. Very good.

Edit: BTW. Your suggestion reminds me of the gag story,
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/to-be-a-power-in-the-shadows/?pg=1

Edit: I think that no matter the world your method of initial caution, information gathering, and building up a trustworthy power base is vital.

Last edited:

Moctemma

Step Six: You have the world. This is where it gets really hard. You have to spend the rest of your life handling this mess. [...] Attempt to find the secrets of immortality if possible so that you can rule the world forever and make all of the people alive immortal so that no one ever dies unless they choose to, therefor alleviating all suffering.

Step ???: BRAINWASHING! Don't focus on making them a mindless drone, though. Just attempt to remove prejudices from them and offer some suggestions to changes in their lifestyle. You don't want to turn your people into mindless slaves, but you also don't want them to be massive idiots that do their best to hinder you even when you're helping them.
There's no need for step six, you can rule 30, 50 years or so and then leave them alone. Let them do the work and just check them from time to time. If everything goes to hell again, it's their problem. Let the inhabitants solve it themselves, you already gave them new ideas and knowledge to have a better life.

EDUCATION, there's no need to brainwash, just knowing there's something better will impulse them towards it. Is basic nature to want to be more and better, a large percentage of the population will see your ideas and knowledge as that "better" and will follow them, if not now with time they will.

Yorda

While I'm not sure how you might change the views of the masses to not condone slavery in a preexisting nation, working from the ground up might work. Like starting your own nation/kingdom that has laws against slavery.

Edit: or like @ForestDweller said just influence a preexisting kingdom from the top down.

Okay. From the two of you I'm getting the idea to start a nation with the first citizens being slaves. The way I would go about it is as follows.

Firstly, I would find a suitable geographic location to create a nation. I would spend a large amount of time/effort researching geography and the political systems and situations of various countries to determine the optimal location. I would anticipate that eventually I would come into direct conflict with countries over resources and territory. The location needs to be one that has good land, plentiful natural resources, and countries that I can handle one way or another.

To start the nation I would need citizens. I think it would be best if a nation that focuses on abolishing injustices like slavery was built by slaves. To procure my citizens I would travel to another locale far away, possibly on the other side of the planet, and teleport poorly treated slaves, secretly at night, to my new nation. If I was OP I would have a teleportation power right? The reason I would do it this way at the start is because I want to minimize all conflict at the starting stage. If I teleport slaves so far away from a country that they could never even find them, let alone that they would not be able to travel across the world to get them back, then I win. If I'm so OP then I could teleport thousands of slaves over a few years.

90% of the work will likely be governance. The slaves might have language barriers, low education levels, they might be racist towards each other, diverse religions, and many of them might not want to be part of my self-righteous social experiment. A rocky start.

Endgame would be a meritocratic nation, with separation of powers in government, a more or less flat income tax rate, an enforced maximum wealth gap (gotta stop the development of a plutocracy, oligarchy, and or new caste system based on wealth), militarized nation with mandatory service, universal suffrage, universal basic income, universal healthcare, universal education, a constitution, declaration of rights, state banks carefully controlled by constitutional rules, labour laws, child support welfare (Need more citizens. Be the opposite of China's one-child policy. Gimme babies. Gimme impressionable children to run through a well-crafted mandatory education ...), etc.

The reason I would have mandatory military service is because it's a dangerous world with monsters and constant war. Citizens need to be able to defend themselves. I would say that everyone would need to do a minimum of 1 year of paid mandatory service with the possibility of extension if they desire. It wouldn't be particularly dangerous service; it would be more like an extended self-defense class and apprenticeship. It should also have a vocational and academic apprenticeship learning component where people can choose their preferred training regime, like they also gain other trade skills and academic skills in addition to military training.

All the other things I mentioned also have similar justifications.

I would try to prepare the nation to operate without me. It would be naive of me to think that I would be able to support, govern, and protect the nation forever. If reincarnation happened suddenly, then it could just as suddenly vanish one day. What would they do if I disappeared?

I would probably avoid creating a theocracy. I wouldn't want to play the role of a god very much either. Maybe the real god of the isekai would get angry at me. XD. However, I had the nifty idea that I might want to make a fake enemy for the people to band together against. Maybe I would I tell everyone that I am trying to prepare the world to fight against the inevitable resurrection of the Great Demon God Diablo. *snorts in laughter*

There is also the issue and benefit that a truly OP character is a walking nuclear weapon. For the most part, the beneficial part is deterrence. Rational people would naturally avoid war at all costs if the opposing side was overwhelmingly powerful. If wielded well it could lead to bloodless battles.

I opted to build a nation from the bottom-up to give myself more control over it's policies. However, I think that influencing other nations using the top-down approach is also a very good idea. Depending on the country, my methods might be insidious. The weakpoint of caste systems, monarchies, and dictatorships are the ruling class, monarchs, and dictators. I would probably carefully threaten the ruling class from the shadows to achieve my goals. Change these policies or I will kill you. I prefer this method over open war because it would greatly reduce the number of citizen deaths. If a dictator wants to start a war that would result in massive casualties I would rather just kill them immediately, and then threaten the second in command right after. It could be an effective method to prevent war ...

The problems with a bottom-up strategy where a nation is created is the low population relative to surrounding nations, and small territory which might only be expanded through annexation.

I like your caution. People who get drunk on their power and make themselves easy targets can be toppled by forces they didn't expect.

A good 'power base' as you put it is really important. Thank you for stating it well.

I completely agree with the need for comprehensive knowledge before any major actions are taken. It's impossible to make good decisions without understanding the current state of the world.

It's a handicap to be forced to only take actions from the shadows. There are times where I would want to directly take action. I think I could find a compromise between my desire to act openly and my need to remain hidden as a precaution. I would have some of my power base act as my proxies in the light, while I and the rest of my power base act in secrecy from the shadows.

Conquer the world by force and then enforce the eradication of injustice.

justice without power and force is just naive idealism.

I might be able to conquer the world but not their hearts. The enmity that I gained through violent conquest will likely persist far into the future and be a constant source of insurgence. At this point I would officially be a tyrant. Tyrants have to rely on oppressing the citizenry to maintain order.

Also, I somehow don't have the confidence that I would be able to conquer the whole world so simply. I have the feeling that many things would go wrong and that I would overextend myself.

on a more serious note, i don't think i would give a damn about the world.

since i'm overpowered as fuck, might as well use it for my shitpost.

for example, make people die if they didn't make one JoJo reference before the day ends, while filling their heads with the knowledge of JoJo Bizarre Adventure from Phantom Blood, to Jojolion, all with their references.

instead of cock-a-doodle-doo, the entire morning will be greeted by the theme song of Adrian Brody's show.

make the females have a penis, while the men havea vagina, while their inner reproductive organs remain intact.

make people unable to use magic, unless they add 'with the power of god and anime on my side.'

every people of noble birth will grow a third nipple that can grow up to one billion kilometers, and they can only be cut by another nipple.

make every toilet sentient, and if someone ejaculate in the toilet, it will get pregnant, resulting in a baby toilet.

and many more.

Yorda

on a more serious note, i don't think i would give a damn about the world.

since i'm overpowered as fuck, might as well use it for my shitpost.

for example, make people die if they didn't make one JoJo reference before the day ends, while filling their heads with the knowledge of JoJo Bizarre Adventure from Phantom Blood, to Jojolion, all with their references.

instead of cock-a-doodle-doo, the entire morning will be greeted by the theme song of Adrian Brody's show.

make the females have a penis, while the men havea vagina, while their inner reproductive organs remain intact.

make people unable to use magic, unless they add 'with the power of god and anime on my side.'

every people of noble birth will grow a third nipple that can grow up to one billion kilometers, and they can only be cut by another nipple.

make every toilet sentient, and if someone ejaculate in the toilet, it will get pregnant, resulting in a baby toilet.

and many more.

Hey, I just want you to know, every time I suffer extreme psychological distress I always say, "I want to go home."
Somehow, I believe that by going home I will be safe, but I know that there is no escape from my own mind.

Uhhh, try 1:40. The link isn't working: scribblehub is messing with the url that links directly to 1:40.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Half of you people probably played Metal Gear Solid V.

Hey, I just want you to know, every time I suffer extreme psychological distress I always say, "I want to go home."
Somehow, I believe that by going home I will be safe, but I know that there is no escape from my own mind.

Uhhh, try 1:40. The link isn't working: scribblehub is messing with the url that links directly to 1:40.

i think selfcest is a pretty beautiful concept though.

like whitney houston said: learning to love yourself, is the greatest love of all.

selfcest best cest confirmed.

and every time i suffer a psychological distress, i think i want to run away from home (or this world!) :D /