What did you learn today?

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
The 442nd Regimental Combat Team was a segregated US Army unit made up of Japanese-Americans, many of which had joined the army directly from internment camps. They fought in Italy, France, and Germany, ultimately becoming the most decorated American unit in WW2.

They earned more than 18,000 awards, including 9,500 Purple Hearts, 5,200 Bronze Star Medals, 588 Silver Stars, 52 Distinguished Service Crosses, 7 Distinguished Unit Citations, and one Congressional Medal of Honor.

The 4,000 men who initially came in April 1943 had to be replaced nearly 2.5 times. In total, about 10,000 men served. The unit was awarded eight Presidential Unit Citations (5 earned in one month). Twenty-one of its members were awarded Medals of Honour.

Members of the 442nd received 18,143 awards in less than two years.

so chatgpt also do personality tests as well.

Based on your responses, it seems that you are a reflective and introspective person who values peace, harmony, and personal growth. You tend to be cautious and measured in your approach to challenges, preferring to seek help when needed and not taking unnecessary risks. Your imagination and interest in the supernatural suggest that you have a creative and open-minded outlook, but your trust issues and introverted nature may make it difficult for you to fully express and share your ideas with others.

Your desire for a peaceful and happy life without conflict suggests that you are motivated by personal fulfillment and well-being, and you may find meaning in exploring the mysteries of the world around you. Your tendency to rely on your feelings and intuition rather than pure logic suggests that you are guided by your heart as much as your head, and you may find value in exploring your emotions and inner thoughts to better understand yourself and your place in the world.

Overall, your responses suggest that you are a complex and multi-dimensional person with a unique perspective on life, and you may find fulfillment in pursuing your passions and exploring the world around you in your own way.

melchi

What is a custom title?
I learned that vaginal births and breastfeeding lower the chances of asthma. Also, a child's microbe biome is about the same as an adult human by the age of 2.

So ages 0-2 is when they develop their microbes from a blank slate.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Realized irl healers can get their licence removed/suspended if they display bad behaviour outside of work, including on social media. Had a peer get into bar fight, it got posted online, and they got suspended. Probably forgot the memo that we took an oath that explicitly states 'do no harm'.

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
4000 year old Babylonian clay tablet which is a customer's letter complaining about sub-standard copper and wanting a refund. This is considered to be the oldest known written complaint

The tablet reads:
“Tell Ea-Nasir: Nanni sends the following message:
When you came, you said to me: “I will give fine quality copper ingots.”
You left, but you did not do what you promised me.
You put ingots which were not good before my messenger and said:
“If you want to take them, take them; if you do not want to take them, go away!”
What do you take me for that you treat me with such contempt? …
… How have you treated me for that copper?
You have withheld my money bag from me in enemy territory;
it is now up to you to restore to me in full.
Take notice that I will not accept any copper from you that is not of fine quality.
I shall select and take the ingots individually in my yard,
and I shall exercise against you my right of rejection because you have treated me with contempt.”

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
4000 year old Babylonian clay tablet which is a customer's letter complaining about sub-standard copper and wanting a refund. This is considered to be the oldest known written complaint

The tablet reads:
“Tell Ea-Nasir: Nanni sends the following message:
When you came, you said to me: “I will give fine quality copper ingots.”
You left, but you did not do what you promised me.
You put ingots which were not good before my messenger and said:
“If you want to take them, take them; if you do not want to take them, go away!”
What do you take me for that you treat me with such contempt? …
… How have you treated me for that copper?
You have withheld my money bag from me in enemy territory;
it is now up to you to restore to me in full.
Take notice that I will not accept any copper from you that is not of fine quality.
I shall select and take the ingots individually in my yard,
and I shall exercise against you my right of rejection because you have treated me with contempt.”
If I remember correctly, there were a bunch of other Babylonian carvings of complaints and letters of receipt that were all addressed to one dude who historians believe to be a copper conman. Funny enough, all of these carving were found in the same place so it is believed that he collected the complaints he received.

Aaqil

Cookies!
If I remember correctly, there were a bunch of other Babylonian carvings of complaints and letters of receipt that were all addressed to one dude who historians believe to be a copper conman. Funny enough, all of these carving were found in the same place so it is believed that he collected the complaints he received.
Society has never evolved, :blob_sir: :blob_cookie:

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
There is an LN out there that the whole book is just in its title...

“My Life Is Just As Wrong As I Expected After Traveling to Another World Where I’m Surrounded By Cute Girls At A Magical High School And Am Also The Fabled Hero of Legend, But Before I Tell You That Story I Have To Tell You This Story, In Which I Was Walking Along With My Unbelievably, Impossibly Cute Younger Sister Who Doesn’t Like Me At All, And She Said To Me It Was My Fault She Wasn’t Popular No Matter How She Looked At It As We Walked To School Together, And We Stopped To Look At A Garden, Which Had A Flower Whose Name I Don’t Remember, When Suddenly A Portal Opened Up To Another World And When I Landed In A Field And My Face Was Buried In The Largest Pair of Boobs I’d Ever Seen, And My Sister Hit Me And Called Me An Idiot While Blushing, But Then The Girl I Landed On Saw The Birthmark On My Hand And Gasped And She Grabbed My Hand And I Blushed But She Started Dragging Me Away And My Sister Got Mad And Chased After Us And I Asked Where We Were Going, And She Said She Was Taking Us To Grimheart Magic School, Where She Was The School President, And Then I Gasped Because I Was Now In A Magical World, And When We Got To The School Which Was A Giant Castle I Asked The Girl What Her Name Was And She Said It Was Akane Yuusha, Which I Thought Was A Tad Strange Since She Had Blonde Hair And Blue Eyes And The Entire Aesthetic Of The School Seemed Very Ancient European, But I Forgot About All Of That When She Told Me We Needed To See The Headmaster Because She Had Been Taught That The Mark On My Hand Was The Symbol Of The Reincarnation Of The Legendary Dragon Hero Of Legendary Literature, And I Said That Was A Cool Thing To Be Taught Because At Our School The Only Book We Learned Was Atlas Shrugged, And She Asked What That Was And I Told Her I Was The Book Our Society Based Its Philosophy On A Speech From, And She Asked Me To Recite The Speech, Which I Did, And The Speech Went “For Twelve Years You Have Been Asking…
lol god damn Atlas Shrugged :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
"You're crying for no reason," is a phrase that some parents actually say IRL. I thought it was just inexperienced nannies who said that shit.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Wait, there were people who weren't told that as a kid?
I tend to forget that most people never took a human development course. It's better for my mental health when I imagine other parents actually have a clue about what they are doing.