Adding new effects to main elements, got any ideas?

LilTV1155

1st Phase2nd Phase3rd Phase
Fire? (Plasma - Fire / Photon)Energy
WaterIceTime
Earth (Stone)WoodVitality/Matter
WindThunder (Electricity)Space
LightChaos - SupportStar (Aether)
DarkOrder - ProductionStar (Nether)

Still trying to find the effects for 2nd Phase & 3rd Phase Fire Element and Wind Element.
But I'm a little stuck, so got any idea?

3rd Phase effect of Wind Element should involve a type of OP concept that is intangible, hard to control, but powerful enough to affect the world on a global scale when the power is used at Maximum level.

1st Phase is like Magic Ability Lv. 1 -> 2nd Phase Magic Ability Lv. 2 with additional upgrades.

Edit: Space is added to Wind's 3rd Phase form. Wind can bypass the rules of Space and freely create another dimension rift. A Space Ability User has a tendency to open Inbox (Isekai) /Space Room (Cultivation Revenge BS + Crystal Zombies) from thin airs and go in and out depending on a story's genre.

Edit 2: Matter is added to Earth's 3rd Phase form. It has transmutable properties in both metallurgy and medical fields from Wood Lv 2 & Stone Lv 1. Energy is dumped at the end of 3rd Phase. No matter which way the element Fire get turned, it's still a ball of Energy in the end due to loss/gain of heat.

Edit 3: "Plasma - Fire / Photon" has been finally added to the 2nd Phase for Lv 2. Fire element. Because white-blue fire attribute and the nature of fire relating to light.

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

I have no idea if this might help, but here.

My second take however is stardom; ie burn so hot until you can nuclear fusion.

By then you should have accumulate enough mass as fuel for burning and the mass itself has gravity, thus the perpetual cycle of burning begins.

Looking at your third phases for light and dark, shouldn't the former be gamma pulsar star while the latter being black hole?

Last edited:

LilTV1155

I have no idea if this might help, but here.

My second take however is stardom; ie burn so hot until you can nuclear fusion.

By then you should have accumulate enough mass as fuel for burning and the mass itself has gravity, thus the perpetual cycle of burning begins.

Looking at your third phases for light and dark, shouldn't the former be gamma pulsar star while the latter being black hole?
Well rather than going into pure sci-fic for Light and Dark Element. I chose the Star since both elements are two sides of the same coin.
The sun is star, so when it shines and become Light. But during eclipse, the black sun become Dark element. Eclipses tends to have disastrous supernatural consequences when it occurs. The moon is not used because it only reflects the weaker light from the Sun.
Energy seems very broad for Fire
I agree with you on that too because all other four Elements have the potentials to become sources of Energy.
I thought I could fire and electricity. But electricity is most commonly found in clouds which is Air's domain. So, it got scrapped.
I thought that the third phase for Fire could be Space or Death.
But I am still not even sure of this point.
Nuclear Fusion or Combustion or any form of radiation still count as Energy. Wonder if magnet/gravity field can work with Fire?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Well rather than going into pure sci-fic for Light and Dark Element. I chose the Star since both elements are two sides of the same coin.
The sun is star, so when it shines and become Light. But during eclipse, the black sun become Dark element. Eclipses tends to have disastrous supernatural consequences when it occurs. The moon is not used because it only reflects the weaker light from the Sun.
So you are using the phenomenons of photons present and its absence as light and dark and the source to be the celestial being? So do you discount the fact that light sources can also be from torches, candles and lightning strikes?

Back to topic of fire and wind, since I can't make full heads and tails of where your system is going. For wind, I see that you picked electricity as its second phase, so maybe electromagnetism (the four major forces of physics) as the third phase?

Also, fire is plasma, the fourth state of matter. Since it involves supercharging ions, how about the second phase to be pulsating waves of energy like Microwave to cook the enemies? Note the specific to increase temperature instead of temperature manipulation.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Fire? Energy?
WaterIceTime
Earth (Stone)WoodVitality
WindThunder (Electricity)?
LightChaos - SupportStar
DarkOrder - ProductionStar

Still trying to find the effects for 2nd Phase & 3rd Phase Fire Element and Wind Element.

3rd Phase effect of Wind Element should involve a type of OP concept that is intangible, hard to control, but powerful enough to affect the world on a global scale when the power is used at Maximum level.

1st Phase is like Magic Ability Lv. 1 -> 2nd Phase Magic Ability Lv. 2 with additional upgrades.
Wind phase 3: being able to manipulate the weather?
Fire phase 2: explosions?
Fire phase 3: Being able to allow the sun's rays to pass straight through the earth's atmosphere?

Plantorsomething

Fire? Energy?
WaterIceTime
LightChaos - SupportStar

Fire can be entropy
Wind can be preassure and/or fluidity and/or vibration

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Wonder if magnet/gravity field can work with Fire?
Apparently yes as fire is plasma and plasma is ionized particles. Therefore these particles have poles that can be affected by magnetism.

Fun fact, you can destroy a magnet by heating it up past its Curie Point (the max temperature that the magnet retains its properties)

Also, why is Water's third phase being time? Don't tell me you reference entropy as the river of time?

Just as a reference to what the elements meant in the five elements.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Fire? Energy?
WaterIceTime
LightChaos - SupportStar

Thunder to plasma.
Fire to Affection to Emotion

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Personally, I don't like to think of elements in stages. To me, Fire and Lightning are both base elements, even if they share most of their properties. That's what makes it magic instead of science.

However, if I was trying to use your system, I would do it thus:

FireHeat/ColdEnergy
WaterLiquidsTime
Earth/Stone/MetalSolidsGravity/Mass
WindGasesSpace
Wood/FleshBlood/DNAWill/Spirit
Light(ning)/ElectricityPlasmasElectromagnetism
DarknessEmotionReality/Order

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Personally, I don't like to think of elements in stages. To me, Fire and Lightning are both base elements, even if they share most of their properties. That's what makes it magic instead of science.

However, if I was trying to use your system, I would do it thus:

FireHeat/ColdEnergy
WaterLiquidsTime
Earth/Stone/MetalSolidsGravity/Mass
WindGasesSpace
Wood/FleshBlood/DNAWill/Spirit
Light(ning)/ElectricityPlasmasElectromagnetism
DarknessEmotionReality/Order
Why is water to time?

Is it the river of time thing again?!

Or is it because of Esdeath (step on me mommy)?

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Why is water to time?

Honestly, I just didn't have anything else to assign to water or to time. They were the two leftovers.

Though if you want to make up a reason, liquids can't show their properties without time. They'll never flow if time doesn't move, and they may as well just be a solid.

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag
Fire -> Flame -> Sun
Water -> Sea -> Ocean
Wind -> Mist -> Heaven
Dark -> Sin -> Void
Light -> Arc -> Command

LilTV1155

Why is water to time?

Cause Water -> Ice -> Freeze (Ability to freeze time)
Water Clock also a mechanism to tell time.
Water flow like time flow.

The 3rd phase is an intangible concept of OP power perspective.
So, if you maxed out Earth Element, you could actually bring someone back to life or extend their lifespan or cure their status ailment or whatever.
If you want a better analogy, then think of the four seasons.

Water is Winter due to its ability to turn into Ice. Seeds are technically frozen in times underground until Spring.
Earth is Spring cause flowers and whatnots. Everybody go out to make babies, pollens, and etc.

Wind is Fall. Depending on the regions, loads of rains calls for storms.
Fire is Summer. Where I live, tons of wildfires.

Last edited:

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
Anyone else gets the odd feeling of why Light is Chaos and Dark is Order?

@LilTV1155

Light means there is something.
Light illuminates, that means it radiates something out. Thing that radiates are flame, star. Condition inside these bodies is chaotic.

Dark is nothing. Dark settled down. Dark don’t change. Dark is stable. It is evenly, uniform, ordered.

Last edited: