Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Leegood

UNAPPRAISED

Today again, I stand on the bare fields between Gelderholm and the lake. But today there are many more snakes than yesterday. Far, far more. I would be worried - if I didn't know that today, things are a little different. As the beasts leave the lake and slither towards us, they are slowed down by caltrops we spread there beforehand, and they get slowed down further from volley after volley of bolts and arrows.

Then, they have bogged together into a tight mass, the first rock impacts the ground, squashing multiple snakes at once, and is followed by many more as the artillery begins its bombardment. Under the constant assault of artillery and ranged weapons, most of the snakes get eradicated before reaching the defensive line, where I easily kill them off with the rest of the close-ranged fighters.

This continues for quite a while, until the ammunition slowly starts to run out. Which is mind-boggling, in a certain way. Where do all these snakes come from anyway!? But now's not the time. More snakes manage to get to us, and we start to slowly retreat while fighting off the snakes, giving cover to the retreating ranged fighters. The area before us has hundreds of dead snakes lying around, but they still keep coming.

As we start to get overwhelmed, something rather surprising rolls down the slope from behind us - a group of dwarven... chariots? I think they are chariots. Though I personally would describe it as metal things covered in spinning blades that move. They tear through the snakes with ease, ripping apart dozens every time they charge through the snakes slithering towards us. In a sense, this is the second Killzone - the first being the artillery bombardment area, of course. Which at this point is just gruesome to look at.

Then, the snakes finally stop coming. Absolutely exhausted from the fight, we carry our weary bones back to the city to get some well-deserved rest - though I first hand in my report. And with the amount of slashing I did today, I really need to sharpen my sword again... and of course, get a good bath. The stench of the snake's blood can barely be put into words.
"It seems like gelderholm has a new trump card, that's great! and make sure to keep your blade sharpened, in Gelderhold it is dangerous after all~ Anyways here's the reward."

• Money: 30 G / person
  • Other: n/a
OOC mark as appraised~

Leegood

Quest - Evaluation Needed
> > >
Rock Mite Subjugation [GH0603]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Survey the tunnels for rock mites.
  • Eliminate rock mites.
  • Collect 30 rock mite carapaces.
Rock mites aren't particularly dangerous individually.
They live in crevices and holes all around the mountain.
But you haven't witnessed true terror until a swarm bursts in your face.
Their little pincers gnaw at everything they touch, easily crushing rock to dust.
Rewards:
  • Money: 22 G
> > >
We noticed the rock mites before when we both went mining for iron in the shafts. I had a feeling that the guild had a subjugation job for and I was right. I took the quest for both of us and had to prep up our equipment for combat. I don’t think my lance is of any use in these narrow tunnels so my sword will have to do.

I didn’t want to bring Zio with us since he’s just a new born…. That and he can’t really fit inside a mine shaft so… he’s staying in the inn. I just hope he doesn’t break anything when we get back.

+++++​

We headed to the copper mines first before delving deeper into the iron territories. I would mine for more ores but the extra weight will slow us down. We would encounter some other miners along and acknowledged each other before continuing on with our business. Each path we took was carefully surveyed with us closely listening to the walls.

The first rumble was heard near an iron vein. I can faintly hear it but the walls were definitely rumbling. With a clenched fist I smashed it against the rumbling wall, to which a handful of rock mites came out of it. They were the size of an open fist and could crawl and dig speedily into walls. I didn’t really give them a chance to escape since I had Iris try to freeze them.

Before they were completely frozen, it seems they died from the severe cold and remained unmoving. They must be weak to any cold magic; it makes the job easier so I guess that’s a plus.

I didn’t really know much how to carve off the carapace so I just tossed them in one of the sacks I brought.

We delved deeper into the mine and routinely smashed some rumbling walls to freeze of the exposed rock mites. By the time we had killed 30 rock mites, 4 sacks had already been filled with them.

With this amount the job should be considered done. We headed back to the entrance of mines and reported our finding then rested for a while.

Greeting to you Guild

We have delved deep into the iron mines and have killed off four sacks worth of vermin. May these corpses prove of our work.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady Iris

[Submitted 4 sacks filled with rock mites.]

"Ay it seems you've defeated the monster's in your last report, good work~ Here's your reward!"
Rewards:
  • Money: 22 G
OOC mark as appraised~

Leegood

UNAPPRAISED

While I was on the battlefield for the last two days, I think that today, it is time for something less exhausting. Yes, I am scouting the lake! And the fields. And stuff. Whatever. I leave the city, with my clothes still stinking like those snakes. It's really hard to get rid of that stench, I tell you! Now, looking over the area between the city and the lake... ah, that works. A lot of whithered trees in that one part of the area make for a decent cover.

I sneak over towards them, surprisingly not meeting any snakes or such, and cast my gaze at the lake. Hmmm... a few single snakes idling about the area, and a lot of movement in the lake itself. I count about... okay, I quickly lose count, but there's a damn lot of them! Are their numbers limitless!? Hmmm, looking closer, I can't help but notice abnormally thick scales amongst some of the snakes. Seems like a new defensive breed that's made to withstand attacks. Might be problematic. Most of the movement seems to be... in the northern part of the lake, should note it down.

My focus breaks as I hear something slither around next to me. I quietly turn my head towards it, and notice a small group of snakes slithering around in the area. But for some reason, they are ignoring me... ah, I think I know! Snakes don't have good eyesight, do they? And I stink like one of 'em. Awesome! Just as I finish this thought, a humanoid snake approaches me, hissing threateningly as it poises its primitive spear for an attack. Ah. Seems like this one doesn't have bad eyesight. If I run... it will probably attract more attention. Damn.

So I pull my sword. As it has a spear... it's gotta be a thrust. I drop my sword into the fool's guard, blade pointing to the side, and wait patiently. Then it stabs at me. I essentially perform a Twerchhau, my blade moving around in a circle in front of me, deflecting the spear to the side whilst I step to the other side, escaping the attack. I then stop my blade and twist it around and my hands with it. And at this position, I can stab! I lunge forward, bridging the gap between us, and stab into the beast's neck.

Then I pull my sword back and make a run for it before anything else notices me, and manage to safely return to Gelderholm without getting chased. Once back, I hand in my report.
"It's good that you have returned safely, Here's the promised reward~"
  • Money: 25 G

Feathers95

A gift for a friend
Sponsor: Freja HaljissenLocation: Scribel CityLevel: 4Rank: N/A
Objectives
  • Enter Scribel City outskirts and find a large field of flowers.
  • Paint the scene of flowers.
  • Gather some flowers up - enough to make a bouquet.
  • Find some mana stones.
  • Presents must be beautiful.
  • Deliver the present to Freja Haljissen without letting Lord Eugene Rosenthal find out.
  • (Optional) Ensure you don't damage the environment or over-harvest.
It will be Lord Eugene Rosenthal's birthday soon and I thought it would be proper to send him a gift as thanks for all those he has presented to me over the past few weeks.
I know he loves beauty in all forms - especially when done through flowers and paintings...
I know it's not really my place to be gifting a married man something for his birthday but when else am I to show my thanks for his gentlemanly kindness?
As such, I would appreciate if you could find some beautiful flowers in the wild, paint the scenery and then gather some of the flowers into a bouquet.
I also believe he has mentioned an interest in mana stones, saying how their glow is very pretty so, please gather some of those, too.
I will be sure to give suitable reward for doing this kindness, as well as my gratitude.
Rewards
Exp: 150(250)Money: 25G(40G)Miscellaneous: IOU from Freja Haljissen, Improved relationship with Freja Haljissen.
[OOC Note: this quest can be taken multiple times until Lord Eugene Rosenthal's birthday party quest has been completed (which won't go up until at least one present has been delivered to Freja to give to Lord Eugene Rosenthal)]

X
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Quest Report (54)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 11 (12150/13200)
Quest: A gift for a friend
Evaluation:
  • Painted a field of mesmerizingly-disguised carnivorous flowers deep within Scribel's Northern Forests, close to where a Slumber Bee Hive lay
  • Gathered a bouquet of wild flowers from the fields around Scribel City, careful to not take too many of the same variety
  • Collected a few mana stones from the mineral vein beneath Exal Bridge, and attempted to replenish the mineral's formation requirements
  • Delivered the present to Freja Haljissen without letting Lord Eugene Rosenthal find out.
Despite having returned to Scribel City for more than a week now, Felicia felt as lost as she was when she first arrived. She had wandered listlessly around the familiar and not so familiar sights, even chatting with a few people that recognized her, but perhaps a change of pace was what she needed to recover herself. Hence, why she found herself once again at the Scribel adventurer's guild branch, applying for a quest that seemed rather quaint and peaceful.

Petting Sable's head, she calmly climbed aboard her back as they took to the skies, soaring close to the clouds as Felicia pondered and looked for a nice field of flowers to paint. The more she stared at the lovely little field below her, the harsher the flashbacks she received of a similar field, except blooming with blood and corpses rather than flowers and grass. Closing her eyes momentarily, she struggled to calm and steady herself again before looking down.

To be honest, she felt that the sea of flowers she could see from above was quite lacklustre in appearance. She vaguely remembered seeing a much more beautiful field somewhere, but she couldn't quite remember where...

Ah. That's right.

Within the deepest reaches of Scribel Forest, close to where a Slumber Bee Hive was located, there lay a stunning field of otherworldly flowers. Beware however, as their mesmerizing appearance is only a guise to lure prey in and devour them. Yes; it is a field filled with carnivorous flowers.

With her easel and paints borrowed from the guild still strapped to her back, she pointed Sable in the direction of the hive, soaring over there together idly. A pleasant wind caressed her face as she approached her destination, briefly keeping her inner demons away as she descended from Sable's back. Fortunately, at this moment in time, the field was clear of Giant Bees, hence Felicia immediately set to work painting.

Now, although she was a prior princess and had trained in all the arts, she had to admit that painting was her worst one. She wasn't terrible, and her works were often better than the other lower-ranked nobles, but for someone of her standing, she simply wasn't good enough. Past memories of when she used to throw a tantrum about painting when she was younger filled her mind, making her smile slightly at the nostalgia as she painted. Perhaps it was because her mind was so occupied, that she hadn't noticed the peaceful serenity flowing through the painting she had created.

Before she knew it, the sun had set as she finished the last strokes of her painting. Finally looking back over it... she couldn't quite believe her eyes. Note, it wasn't a great painting, or anywhere close to a masterpiece, but the emotions that flowed through her artwork stunned her. She didn't think she was capable of such tranquillity, rather, she had been afraid that she would've expressed the horrific feelings that had been haunting her for so long. Seeing this painting made a slight spark of hope light up deep within her heart. Maybe... just maybe, she could still be saved? Holding onto to that precious feeling, she flew back to Scribel City, ready to collect manastones from beneath Exal Bridge the next day.

Collecting mana stones itself wasn't tricky, but ensuring their renewal was. It seemed the lady sponsoring the quest was fond of sustainability and the environment, hence Felicia came prepared this morning as she mined the glowing rocks. Since they stored mana, and one was able to absorb mana from the rocks, it was also possible to pour one's own mana into the stones as well. These veins also seemed to concentrate where mana was felt densely in the air, leading to her current plan.

In exchange for the mined manastones, Felicia poured her mana into some of the manastones nearby that she left behind, so that they could perhaps influence the formation of the popular mineral. Additionally, she took a few low-levelled gems found within some local caves, that had a faint affinity with magic, and placed them within the depths of the vein.

Satisfied with her deeds, Felicia set off towards the ordinary fields around Scribel City to make a nice bouquet, careful to not use too many of the same variety of flower, before returning to the guild with her items. She would've liked to use those beautiful blossoms in the field near the Slumber Bee Hive, but something told her that wasn't a good idea...

After pretending to meet up with Freja Haljissen for the possible hiring of a bodyguard, and handing her the items, they politely bid each other farewell as Felicia went to hand in her report.

Last edited:

Leegood

QUEST REPORT (NOT YET APPRAISED)
Quest Report (54)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 11 (12150/13200)
Quest: A gift for a friend
Evaluation:
  • Painted a field of mesmerizingly-disguised carnivorous flowers deep within Scribel's Northern Forests, close to where a Slumber Bee Hive lay
  • Gathered a bouquet of wild flowers from the fields around Scribel City, careful to not take too many of the same variety
  • Collected a few mana stones from the mineral vein beneath Exal Bridge, and attempted to replenish the mineral's formation requirements
  • Delivered the present to Freja Haljissen without letting Lord Eugene Rosenthal find out.
Despite having returned to Scribel City for more than a week now, Felicia felt as lost as she was when she first arrived. She had wandered listlessly around the familiar and not so familiar sights, even chatting with a few people that recognized her, but perhaps a change of pace was what she needed to recover herself. Hence, why she found herself once again at the Scribel adventurer's guild branch, applying for a quest that seemed rather quaint and peaceful.

Petting Sable's head, she calmly climbed aboard her back as they took to the skies, soaring close to the clouds as Felicia pondered and looked for a nice field of flowers to paint. The more she stared at the lovely little field below her, the harsher the flashbacks she received of a similar field, except blooming with blood and corpses rather than flowers and grass. Closing her eyes momentarily, she struggled to calm and steady herself again before looking down.

To be honest, she felt that the sea of flowers she could see from above was quite lacklustre in appearance. She vaguely remembered seeing a much more beautiful field somewhere, but she couldn't quite remember where...

Ah. That's right.

Within the deepest reaches of Scribel Forest, close to where a Slumber Bee Hive was located, there lay a stunning field of otherworldly flowers. Beware however, as their mesmerizing appearance is only a guise to lure prey in and devour them. Yes; it is a field filled with carnivorous flowers.

With her easel and paints borrowed from the guild still strapped to her back, she pointed Sable in the direction of the hive, soaring over there together idly. A pleasant wind caressed her face as she approached her destination, briefly keeping her inner demons away as she descended from Sable's back. Fortunately, at this moment in time, the field was clear of Giant Bees, hence Felicia immediately set to work painting.

Now, although she was a prior princess and had trained in all the arts, she had to admit that painting was her worst one. She wasn't terrible, and her works were often better than the other lower-ranked nobles, but for someone of her standing, she simply wasn't good enough. Past memories of when she used to throw a tantrum about painting when she was younger filled her mind, making her smile slightly at the nostalgia as she painted. Perhaps it was because her mind was so occupied, that she hadn't noticed the peaceful serenity flowing through the painting she had created.

Before she knew it, the sun had set as she finished the last strokes of her painting. Finally looking back over it... she couldn't quite believe her eyes. Note, it wasn't a great painting, or anywhere close to a masterpiece, but the emotions that flowed through her artwork stunned her. She didn't think she was capable of such tranquillity, rather, she had been afraid that she would've expressed the horrific feelings that had been haunting her for so long. Seeing this painting made a slight spark of hope light up deep within her heart. Maybe... just maybe, she could still be saved? Holding onto to that precious feeling, she flew back to Scribel City, ready to collect manastones from beneath Exal Bridge the next day.

Collecting mana stones itself wasn't tricky, but ensuring their renewal was. It seemed the lady sponsoring the quest was fond of sustainability and the environment, hence Felicia came prepared this morning as she mined the glowing rocks. Since they stored mana, and one was able to absorb mana from the rocks, it was also possible to pour one's own mana into the stones as well. These veins also seemed to concentrate where mana was felt densely in the air, leading to her current plan.

In exchange for the mined manastones, Felicia poured her mana into some of the manastones nearby that she left behind, so that they could perhaps influence the formation of the popular mineral. Additionally, she took a few low-levelled gems found within some local caves, that had a faint affinity with magic, and placed them within the depths of the vein.

Satisfied with her deeds, Felicia set off towards the ordinary fields around Scribel City to make a nice bouquet, careful to not use too many of the same variety of flower, before returning to the guild with her items. She would've liked to use those beautiful blossoms in the field near the Slumber Bee Hive, but something told her that wasn't a good idea...

After pretending to meet up with Freja Haljissen for the possible hiring of a bodyguard, and handing her the items, they politely bid each other farewell as Felicia went to hand in her report.
"It's a beautiful present you've created for someone to give, Here's the rewards that were promised. I really want to see this flower field~ but it seems quite dangerous, maybe in the future then~?"
Rewards
Exp: 250Money: 40Miscellaneous: IOU from Freja Haljissen, Improved relationship with Freja Haljissen,

Himekawa

Report status: appraised> > >

Slumber Queen Jelly [SC0801]
  • Required Level: 8
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Forest Ranger
  • Find a Slumber Bee Hive.
  • Acquire a bottle of Slumber Queen Jelly.
  • Note: Please be prepared for pollen.
  • Note: Limit 1 quest per week.
Slumber Bees are a rare species of giant bees found in North Scribel Forest.
Their pollen has powerful sedative properties, and is used to incapacitate prey.
Travelers who accidentally stumble across a hive often... are never heard from again.
Presumably they get stung to death when they're knocked out.
Royal jelly collected from the giant queen's hive has potent regenerative capabilities.
Rewards:
  • Money: 75 G
> > >

'It's really big...'

The giant bees around her were trying to prevent her to move forward. The stingers that stabbed into her body and yet failed to find purchase inside her liquid body was not the problem in fighting those bees. Neither too was the pollen they emitted from their body, nor from the high-pitched sound waves they emitted with their wings, had managed to affect her. The problem she had was not that. Instead, her trouble was caused by their raising body heat as they try to surround her.

At first, she was confident she could bypass the pollen. The problem with the pollen did not matter a slightest bit to her, as her body was not biological in nature. Therefore, she decided to stroll forward and ignore the bees' attack. This approach worked at first, as she didn't have something to bother her. Even if the bees were as big as her, ignoring the attack of those bees worked perfectly.

It was when she noticed the heat around her rising as those bees continued to surround her, trying to pile up on her body. She felt that she was slowly cooked as the hot air continued to deliver heat into her body. She compressed her body into a small sphere, not larger than human's eyeball, in to reduce the surface where heat could affect her body, as she tried to move around the crevices in-between their bodies. She had to escape them.

layer upon layer of her body was peeled away, evaporating into water vapor, as she continued to stay in the middle of the bee's swarm. The bee had piled themselves upon the location of her body, with more incoming. She moved forward, not knowing where the direction was. As she gained distance, the heat lessened and the swarm was not as tight. Yet, with so many eyes gazed upon her sphere, the swarm moved on some kind of signal, trying to pile on her once again.

Only after several waves of attack she managed to escape from the attack. Somehow, they became more sluggish in responding to her change of position. This change of response was the only saving grace in the situation, as she was able to gain more distance to escape.

She ended up somewhere far from the nest. With her water content being so low, she retreated, searching for water.

---

After she had replenished her water, her second attack commenced. She was betting on the response time of the swarm and her own endurance. If she could slow them down further and further, she believed that she could get into the queen's chamber and get that royal jelly sooner or later. Exhausting them was the only viable way to attack them, she felt. Even if she changed her stance from no-killing to try to kill them, she had no confidence in defeating them faster than they could cook her. Thus, the only way she could do this was being hit and run.

First, she had to get their attention. Compacting herself once again, she moved to the front of one of the drone bees. The drone bees signaled the swarm to attack her. She let them pile up on her position, evading a little here and there against their attack, but generally remained in the area. After she felt that enough time passed, she began to do her second phase.

She felt that compared to the very first response, the response in her second attack was slower. But, it was certainly faster than when she escaped. Perhaps they replaced their numbers with another troop. That was certainly not something she wanted. She wanted to exhaust the whole colony, but if she gave them their chance to recover, she didn't know what her chances were. How many energy was spent in their defense against her? Could she engineer their food shortage?

---

The change occurred after two weeks of her attack. It was not because she managed to succeed, no. But, she was greeted by a dryad.

A tree spirit stood in front of her. When they met, she knew in her soul that this one was another spirit, and she knew the spirit in front of her knew that too.

"Can you stop your disturbance against them? The very forest depended on them to help the forest grow. If you continue further, the very forest will treat you as enemy." The dryad said.

"I'm seeking the queen's jelly."

"Then, would you leave them be, if they give you that?"

She nodded. Seeing her response, the dryad told her to wait, and she stood there. After some time passed, the dryad returned.

"How much do you sought? The nourishment of the queen is a vital resource for the colony, thus the queen cannot spare many."

"I'll fetch the container."

After taking the bottle from where she stashed them, she gave it to the dryad. The dryad returned to the colony, and after some time, returned with the bottle filled with jelly.

"Seek me in the future, should you desire this small amount of the jelly in the future. The queen asked me to relay it to you, that you shouldn't approach the colony anymore."

"Thank you."

With the queen's jelly in hand, watery returned to the guild.

Last edited:

Nivateth

appraised
Slime Subjugation [SC0103]
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
Vilatherael comes in covered in slime with a bag of slime cores and a tired look on her face "here ya go" she tosses the bag on the counter and a report appears in her hand "that should do, i'm gonna go get niv to dry me off."
So i went into the forest and found a slime, i soon realized that my greatsword cannot be used in its current state, so all these slimes were killed by me stabbing them with my arrows at point blank. that was irritating, and now i have to get my brother to repair my gear for the day. geez slimes are difficult in this universe. but anyways i killed ten slimes in that forest. there were still a few more but i was covered in slime so i decided against killing them.

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Quest Report - verified

Liana decided to put what Jasper had said out of her mind and so left the house with Shuck closely - and silently - following closely behind. Seeing how there were still slimes in the city, the new-born vampire was in a quandary as she realised she no longer had the billhook spear Alexei had lent her. Not knowing what to do, she was about to run back into the house when she noticed Shuck creating tiny little black and gold flames around its paws, ears and tail. It then pounced on the nearest slimes and ripped the cores out of them with its claws before the flames came into contact and started burning the slimes to nothing.

"..."

Shuck then picked up the cores and dropped them by Liana's feet before sitting in an upright position and silently staring at her - the flames having dissipated soon after touching the last slime. Feeling a little unnerved at her pet's actions, Liana slowly moved her hand to pet the dog(?)'s head, resulting in a satisfied whine coming from its mouth. Not knowing what to do with the cores lying in a pile, she just picked them up and carried them in her arms before heading back to the house to store them away.

After gathering her mind over what she should do, Liana suddenly recalled how there was a painting request from Lord Eugene Rosenthal - asking for a landscape of the slime horde. Thinking that now was going to be the last time to get to paint such a thing, she was a little anxious over whether to do such a thing. On one hand, people needed help to deal with the remaining slimes; on the other hand, she couldn't do much to help combat-wise due to not having a weapon, nor the skill, to deal with them.

Looking at her pet, she thought even if she did the painting quest, Shuck would be able to deal with any remaining slimes within her vicinity. With this in mind, she nodded to herself with determination and headed to the guild quest board to pick up the quest slip. On her way, she caught snippets of conversations from passing adventurers and city guards, stating that the raid was officially over and now it was the clean up. Feeling a little relieved over this, Liana felt less guilty over doing the painting quest and quickened her pace.

Reaching the quest board, she took one of the quest slips and entered the guild:
I want to see the beauty of the Scribel City region!
Sponsor: Lord Eugene RosenthalLocation: Scribel City and outskirtsLevel: N/ARank: N/A
Objectives
  • Only do 1 painting per quest.
  • Enter Scribel City and its outskirts
    • Paint a landscape of Scribel City outside
    • Paint a portrait of the Adventurer Guild
    • Paint a portrait of the market
    • Paint a portrait of outside the Guild Tavern
    • Paint a portrait of inside the Guild Tavern
    • Paint a portrait of the Adventurer Guild Master
    • Paint a landscape of Gem Ravine
    • Paint a landscape of the forest
    • Paint a portrait of local wildlife (repeatable)
    • Paint a portrait of Guild receptionists
    • Paint a portrait of adventurers (repeatable)
    • Paint a portrait of the slums
    • Paint a portrait of the noble district
    • Paint a portrait of a smithy
    • Paint a portrait of the Government Building
    • Paint a portrait of the City Guard Barracks
    • Paint a portrait of a City Guard Captain
    • Paint a portrait of the Alchemist building
    • Paint a portrait of an orphanage
    • Paint a portrait of a temple
    • Paint a portrait of the Prison and its warden
    • Paint a landscape of the slime horde
  • Deliver the paintings intact.
Lately, I've been wanting to see how the city and its outskirts look from different perspectives.
As a patron of the arts, I wish to see the beauty of the city and the nearby region in all its glory!
Of course, I'm not going to be stingy with the rewards, I'll even provide the art materials!
Rewards
Exp: 100Money: 35G
Seeing that there were more receptionists working at the front desks again, Liana could no longer see Hejlikka and Julrik manning the guild building and assumed they had gone into the back offices to get things up and running again. Handing in her quest slip to Imelda Carson, the half-elf looked her up and down before noticing Shuck and widened her eyes in surprise.

"I, like, never thought I'd see, like, one of those out here in, like, the open!" She took another look at Liana before narrowing her eyes and smiling knowingly, "I, like, never thought you'd, like, be one of us~ Good luck with your quest, whatever it like is~ Send like my regards to its like master!" She looked starry-eyed as she gazed admiringly at Shuck before signing the usual permission slip and throwing it at Liana. "Art supplies can be, like, found over there. Next!"

Liana was a little confused over the receptionist's almost 180 degree change in personality towards her - since the last time they met she was accusing her of hitting her. She looked at Shuck and wondered if the half-elf had some kind of connection to Jasper, however she decided to put it at the back of her mind, since she didn't want to think about what the heck the incubus had done to her pet. Going to the location to collect her art supplies, she headed out of the guild and walked to the South Wall.
Seeing that the city guards and some adventurers were moving in and out of the South Gate, Liana looked into the distance and saw a portion of the slime horde being pushed further away from the city. Noticing how people weren't paying attention to who was going where for the moment, Liana decided to climb up the stairs to the top of the wall so she could get a better vantage of the scene.

Reaching the top of the wall, Liana saw not many city guards on it - since there was little need for them to be gathered there due to no slimes being in the vicinity. Shuck padded along the wall before stopping at a quiet spot, sitting down and staring at Liana - as if to say this was the place to do her painting.

"..."

Walking up to where her pet was, she looked out of the city and saw that it did indeed give a good view of the remnants of the slime horde. Tentatively rubbing the dog(?)'s head, she set up her easel and sketched out her idea while observing the horde from a distance. After an hour of sketching out her idea, she switched to the paints and paintbrushes and began to work in earnest on her landscape art.

***​

After a few hours of painting, Liana finally put her brushes down and inspected her artwork. Feeling happy with it, she smiled at herself before noticing the pile of slime cores next to her with Shuck sitting beside it with an expectant - silent look.

"...Good...boy...?"

Shuck gave a short ruff at that, before silently wagging its tail and padding over to her with its head bowed. Liana stared at her pet for a few seconds before realising it must have been wanting a head pat as a reward for keeping her safe from nearby slimes. Not wanting to disappoint, she tentatively stroked its head before looking at the progress the city guards and lizardmen had made with the remnant slime horde on the outskirts.

The size had dwindled by quite a bit, since a lot of the subjugation forces were focused in one area and gradually whittling the slimes down. Liana could vaguely see Captain Harrison Bridger in the thick of it with his massive burza-coated sword - swinging it and slicing through the slimes close to him with practised ease. Turning back to her painting, Liana decided to add a few more touches to it before it dried.

Not wanting to be seen as being lazy during this difficult time, she decided to help distribute the medicine to injured city guards and lizardmen while waiting for her painting to dry. She handed over all of the slime cores Shuck had gathered to some apothecaries who were making potions as if they would die if they stopped. Once the painting had dried, she covered it with the sheet provided by the guild before heading to the Noble District to hand it in to Lord Eugene Rosenthal.

***​

Reaching the estate, she noticed a lot of hired bodyguards wearing different insignia's on their person coming in and out of the large house. Eventually, the butler - Bertram - noticed her presence and guided her to a small reception room before leaving to get the Lord. After an hour of waiting, Lord Eugene Rosenthal finally entered the room with a tired smile.

"Miss Liana, my most sincere apologies for my tardiness! Although any excuse is intolerable, I fear I have been busy dealing with the other nobles in stabilising the district from the slimes." He gave a gentlemanly bow before gently grasping Liana's hand and kissing it lightly before releasin it and standing straight. He then directed his gaze to the covered landscape painting - his eyes brightening up in anticipation over what he'd get to see - as he glanced at Liana, "What delightful artwork have you brought for me, this time, fair lady?"

Liana smiled politely before lifting the sheet and revealing the painting. "I saw you had requested a landscape of the slime horde and thought this would be the last chance to grasp the scene, my lord." The painting showed: numerous types of slimes gathered in a large horde on the outskirts of Scribel City; the sky was dark, with little slivers of reds, purples and golds peeking through the clouds - displaying the final rays of dusk; the immediate area surrounding the slimes was corroded away, with slime cores dotted around their vicinity to show how many had already been slain; engaging with the slimes were city guards, lizardmen warriors and a few adventurers - with Captain Harrison Bridger at the forefront leading the charge; a few fallen attackers were half-corroded by several slimes that had begun eating them while there were others who looked to be crawling on the ground and reaching out for help.

Lord Eugene Rosenthal stared wide-eyed at the landscape painting for a long while, before smiling wryly in admiration, "A truly amazing piece of art, Miss Liana! This really depicts the surreal beauty of the slimes through showing their many different forms, passive and aggressive states! Daring to show the danger and threat, as well as their fragility in one art piece! Ah~! It's truly amazing~! Thank you for another beautiful painting!" He sat wrote and signed a note before handing it to Liana, then escorted her out of the estate with an energised smile on his face. Waving goodbye to her, he was soon wrangled into another meeting with a noble and had to leave once again.

With the signed note in hand, Liana headed to the guild with Shuck where she handed in the remaining art supplies, wrote up her quest report and handed it in.
While waiting for the receptionist to appraise her report, Liana stroked Shuck's head absentmindedly while feeling the sun beginning to rise outside.

[OOC: Gained 6 slime cores that are stored in Liana's bedroom]

X

Last edited:

PriyaKitten

> > >
Delivering Packages [SC0204]
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Pick up 3 packages from the guild mail office.
  • Deliver the packages to their intended recipients.
  • The packages must not be damaged.
The Adventurer's Guild operates the public mail service in the Scribel Region.
Some citizens live outside of the city in weird odd places. Can you find them?
Beware, monsters and thieves wander the road!
Rewards:
  • Money: 18 G
> > >

Report Status: Appraised

Niror smiled slightly to herself taking this new quest, as she grabbed three packages from the guild’s mail office. Grabbing the paper that had a list of the locations she needed to deliver plus the said packages she headed out of the office, humming as she walked to the first location. She’s going to the closest first - so she can look around the city more - the other two packages are closer to higher crime areas.

Holding onto the packages tightly, exploring the city quietly before coming to her first spot. Walking into the blacksmith shop, hearing the loud hammering of metal she went on her toes before a young man spotted her from behind the counter. “What can I help you with Miss?” The young man spoke loud enough for her to hear over the noise. “I got a package from the guide.” She spoke louder, moving the packet onto the counter.

“Ah thank you!” The young man took it. “The boss was waiting for this awhile.” The young turned going into the back. Niror just nodded to herself, before making her way out of the blacksmith. She should go back there to get a weapon? She frowned - she would rather just use her claws then daggers.

She shook her head walking to the next area, luckily all the locations were in the city - just the areas are different and higher crime rate of course. Walking to her next spot she looked around - new areas are nice to see, plus looking for thieves and other people who would do not good things to her or the packages.

Running to her next place to bypass almost all of these, problems that can be slightly calculated, but not a hundred percent sadly. Getting to her next location, was fast not getting into any messes caused by people. Knocking on the wooden door loudly, before waiting. The door opened slightly, with a rough voice coming out. “What?” It sounds like a man’s voice “Package from the guild.” She simply put it, as she spoke ‘guild’ the door opened to a tall man was behind it.

“Ah thank you..” He spoke, his voice seemed to be going. She handed the package over before nodding her head. “You’re welcome.” She walked away before hearing the door close behind her. Walking further into the depths of the crime zone she’s going to dub it. After a few minutes of walking, she had noticed someone was following her - younger then adults so she thought it is a thief if anything.

She sighed - this is overall troublesome though within expectations. She shook her head, moving through a crowd of closely packeted people, gripping the package to her chest making her way through darting to side to side squeezing her small frame through people. Just because she looks like a child doesn’t mean she is one! Hmph!

Having made a small detour to get away from a pesky bug, she finally delivered the package - before she made her way back to the guild muttering to herself about people ruining her times. Placing the quest onto the counter. “They are good, plus not damaged.” She spoke softly before making her way to the tavern.

Last edited:

killerbyte1123

I giggled at what happened "Seems like you had fun, Here's your rewards~"
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: Lizardmen Guild Associate License

OOC make sure to mark as appraised

OOC: what's a Lizardmen Guild Associate License?

Himekawa

report status: appraised
> > >

Living Wood [SC0702]
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Find a magic tree in the forest.
  • Collect 1 log of living wood.
  • Do not kill the tree it is harvested from.
Living wood is a precious resource with many uses.
However, many magic trees are very rare, highly aggressive, and difficult to damage.
They will defend themselves against any adventurers trying to steal from them.
For sustainability reasons, please do not kill the tree;
Cutting one branch is sufficient for this quest.
Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G
> > >

She was curious at the dryad from before. While she could directly engage the tree itself, she felt that asking the dryad seem to be more reasonable. After all, it was the excessive response that she brought against the bees, that had moved the bees to contact the dryad. If she somehow did something as bad as before, she couldn't guarantee that the forest would keep its stance on her.

Deciding on her course of action, she set off to meet the dryad.

---

"You can have mine." The dryad said, pulling a branch from her tree and snapped it.

Watery tilted her head at the offering. She sought a living wood's branch, not hers.

"What you asked was a branch from a living wood. I'm a tree as you are water. Our existence was because nature granted us the dominion of our very being. So what makes me not living? Sooner or later, those living wood you pointed out will give birth one of my kind. 200 years, 300 years, another one of my kind will be formed. Take it. In exchange, make a small stream from the river to under the ground underneath me."

Thus, watery went to the river.

Sooner or later, the underground tunnel she planned to make would collapse. Had the dryad asked her to carry the water to the underground reservoir, she could just do that. But, generating a small stream... she didn't know how to make it sustainable. Hoping that this would not matter with the dryad, she began drilling.

Making a hole through the soft soil was infinitely easier than making it through the hard rock. As long as she could ensure that the stream of water would continue without her control, she choose to move through the crevices between the rock. Hopefully she could make it high enough for the water to flow from the river to the reservoir instead of the reverse.

she had connected to several wrong reservoir. each time she connected to one, she returned to the dryad to see if the dryad's root felt something. With each mistake, she collapsed the channel she had made to that reservoir, and moved to the other direction around that reservoir. It was the best she could do, since she had no actual direction for the water to go.

---

"Alright. Is this the right one?" she asked the dryad.

"Yes. I can feel the water rise. Thank you."

With the job completed, she took the branch and went back to adventurer guild.

Last edited:

Leegood

Report status: unappraised> > >

Slumber Queen Jelly [SC0801]
  • Required Level: 8
Objectives:
  • Find a Slumber Bee Hive.
  • Acquire a bottle of Slumber Queen Jelly.
  • Note: Please be prepared for pollen.
Slumber Bees are a rare species of giant bees found in North Scribel Forest.
Their pollen has powerful sedative properties, and is used to incapacitate prey.
Travelers who accidentally stumble across a hive often... are never heard from again.
Presumably they get stung to death when they're knocked out.
Royal jelly collected from the giant queen's hive has potent regenerative capabilities.
Rewards:
> > >

'It's really big...'

The giant bees around her were trying to prevent her to move forward. The stingers that stabbed into her body and yet failed to find purchase inside her liquid body was not the problem in fighting those bees. Neither too was the pollen they emitted from their body, nor from the high-pitched sound waves they emitted with their wings, had managed to affect her. The problem she had was not that. Instead, her trouble was caused by their raising body heat as they try to surround her.

At first, she was confident she could bypass the pollen. The problem with the pollen did not matter a slightest bit to her, as her body was not biological in nature. Therefore, she decided to stroll forward and ignore the bees' attack. This approach worked at first, as she didn't have something to bother her. Even if the bees were as big as her, ignoring the attack of those bees worked perfectly.

It was when she noticed the heat around her rising as those bees continued to surround her, trying to pile up on her body. She felt that she was slowly cooked as the hot air continued to deliver heat into her body. She compressed her body into a small sphere, not larger than human's eyeball, in to reduce the surface where heat could affect her body, as she tried to move around the crevices in-between their bodies. She had to escape them.

layer upon layer of her body was peeled away, evaporating into water vapor, as she continued to stay in the middle of the bee's swarm. The bee had piled themselves upon the location of her body, with more incoming. She moved forward, not knowing where the direction was. As she gained distance, the heat lessened and the swarm was not as tight. Yet, with so many eyes gazed upon her sphere, the swarm moved on some kind of signal, trying to pile on her once again.

Only after several waves of attack she managed to escape from the attack. Somehow, they became more sluggish in responding to her change of position. This change of response was the only saving grace in the situation, as she was able to gain more distance to escape.

She ended up somewhere far from the nest. With her water content being so low, she retreated, searching for water.

---

After she had replenished her water, her second attack commenced. She was betting on the response time of the swarm and her own endurance. If she could slow them down further and further, she believed that she could get into the queen's chamber and get that royal jelly sooner or later. Exhausting them was the only viable way to attack them, she felt. Even if she changed her stance from no-killing to try to kill them, she had no confidence in defeating them faster than they could cook her. Thus, the only way she could do this was being hit and run.

First, she had to get their attention. Compacting herself once again, she moved to the front of one of the drone bees. The drone bees signaled the swarm to attack her. She let them pile up on her position, evading a little here and there against their attack, but generally remained in the area. After she felt that enough time passed, she began to do her second phase.

She felt that compared to the very first response, the response in her second attack was slower. But, it was certainly faster than when she escaped. Perhaps they replaced their numbers with another troop. That was certainly not something she wanted. She wanted to exhaust the whole colony, but if she gave them their chance to recover, she didn't know what her chances were. How many energy was spent in their defense against her? Could she engineer their food shortage?

---

The change occurred after two weeks of her attack. It was not because she managed to succeed, no. But, she was greeted by a dryad.

A tree spirit stood in front of her. When they met, she knew in her soul that this one was another spirit, and she knew the spirit in front of her knew that too.

"Can you stop your disturbance against them? The very forest depended on them to help the forest grow. If you continue further, the very forest will treat you as enemy." The dryad said.

"I'm seeking the queen's jelly."

"Then, would you leave them be, if they give you that?"

She nodded. Seeing her response, the dryad told her to wait, and she stood there. After some time passed, the dryad returned.

"How much do you sought? The nourishment of the queen is a vital resource for the colony, thus the queen cannot spare many."

"I'll fetch the container."

After taking the bottle from where she stashed them, she gave it to the dryad. The dryad returned to the colony, and after some time, returned with the bottle filled with jelly.

"Seek me in the future, should you desire this small amount of the jelly in the future. The queen asked me to relay it to you, that you shouldn't approach the colony anymore."

"Thank you."

With the queen's jelly in hand, watery returned to the guild.
"It makes sense after all~ Bee's need the jelly to nourish the next generation~ But it was quite dangerous for you to charge in assuming nothing bad would happen so learn from this okay?"
Rewards:

Leegood

Quest Report

Liana decided to put what Jasper had said out of her mind and so left the house with Shuck closely - and silently - following closely behind. Seeing how there were still slimes in the city, the new-born vampire was in a quandary as she realised she no longer had the billhook spear Alexei had lent her. Not knowing what to do, she was about to run back into the house when she noticed Shuck creating tiny little black and gold flames around its paws, ears and tail. It then pounced on the nearest slimes and ripped the cores out of them with its claws before the flames came into contact and started burning the slimes to nothing.

"..."

Shuck then picked up the cores and dropped them by Liana's feet before sitting in an upright position and silently staring at her - the flames having dissipated soon after touching the last slime. Feeling a little unnerved at her pet's actions, Liana slowly moved her hand to pet the dog(?)'s head, resulting in a satisfied whine coming from its mouth. Not knowing what to do with the cores lying in a pile, she just picked them up and carried them in her arms before heading back to the house to store them away.

After gathering her mind over what she should do, Liana suddenly recalled how there was a painting request from Lord Eugene Rosenthal - asking for a landscape of the slime horde. Thinking that now was going to be the last time to get to paint such a thing, she was a little anxious over whether to do such a thing. On one hand, people needed help to deal with the remaining slimes; on the other hand, she couldn't do much to help combat-wise due to not having a weapon, nor the skill, to deal with them.

Looking at her pet, she thought even if she did the painting quest, Shuck would be able to deal with any remaining slimes within her vicinity. With this in mind, she nodded to herself with determination and headed to the guild quest board to pick up the quest slip. On her way, she caught snippets of conversations from passing adventurers and city guards, stating that the raid was officially over and now it was the clean up. Feeling a little relieved over this, Liana felt less guilty over doing the painting quest and quickened her pace.

Reaching the quest board, she took one of the quest slips and entered the guild:

Seeing that there were more receptionists working at the front desks again, Liana could no longer see Hejlikka and Julrik manning the guild building and assumed they had gone into the back offices to get things up and running again. Handing in her quest slip to Imelda Carson, the half-elf looked her up and down before noticing Shuck and widened her eyes in surprise.

"I, like, never thought I'd see, like, one of those out here in, like, the open!" She took another look at Liana before narrowing her eyes and smiling knowingly, "I, like, never thought you'd, like, be one of us~ Good luck with your quest, whatever it like is~ Send like my regards to its like master!" She looked starry-eyed as she gazed admiringly at Shuck before signing the usual permission slip and throwing it at Liana. "Art supplies can be, like, found over there. Next!"

Liana was a little confused over the receptionist's almost 180 degree change in personality towards her - since the last time they met she was accusing her of hitting her. She looked at Shuck and wondered if the half-elf had some kind of connection to Jasper, however she decided to put it at the back of her mind, since she didn't want to think about what the heck the incubus had done to her pet. Going to the location to collect her art supplies, she headed out of the guild and walked to the South Wall.
Seeing that the city guards and some adventurers were moving in and out of the South Gate, Liana looked into the distance and saw a portion of the slime horde being pushed further away from the city. Noticing how people weren't paying attention to who was going where for the moment, Liana decided to climb up the stairs to the top of the wall so she could get a better vantage of the scene.

Reaching the top of the wall, Liana saw not many city guards on it - since there was little need for them to be gathered there due to no slimes being in the vicinity. Shuck padded along the wall before stopping at a quiet spot, sitting down and staring at Liana - as if to say this was the place to do her painting.

"..."

Walking up to where her pet was, she looked out of the city and saw that it did indeed give a good view of the remnants of the slime horde. Tentatively rubbing the dog(?)'s head, she set up her easel and sketched out her idea while observing the horde from a distance. After an hour of sketching out her idea, she switched to the paints and paintbrushes and began to work in earnest on her landscape art.

***​

After a few hours of painting, Liana finally put her brushes down and inspected her artwork. Feeling happy with it, she smiled at herself before noticing the pile of slime cores next to her with Shuck sitting beside it with an expectant - silent look.

"...Good...boy...?"

Shuck gave a short ruff at that, before silently wagging its tail and padding over to her with its head bowed. Liana stared at her pet for a few seconds before realising it must have been wanting a head pat as a reward for keeping her safe from nearby slimes. Not wanting to disappoint, she tentatively stroked its head before looking at the progress the city guards and lizardmen had made with the remnant slime horde on the outskirts.

The size had dwindled by quite a bit, since a lot of the subjugation forces were focused in one area and gradually whittling the slimes down. Liana could vaguely see Captain Harrison Bridger in the thick of it with his massive burza-coated sword - swinging it and slicing through the slimes close to him with practised ease. Turning back to her painting, Liana decided to add a few more touches to it before it dried.

Not wanting to be seen as being lazy during this difficult time, she decided to help distribute the medicine to injured city guards and lizardmen while waiting for her painting to dry. She handed over all of the slime cores Shuck had gathered to some apothecaries who were making potions as if they would die if they stopped. Once the painting had dried, she covered it with the sheet provided by the guild before heading to the Noble District to hand it in to Lord Eugene Rosenthal.

***​

Reaching the estate, she noticed a lot of hired bodyguards wearing different insignia's on their person coming in and out of the large house. Eventually, the butler - Bertram - noticed her presence and guided her to a small reception room before leaving to get the Lord. After an hour of waiting, Lord Eugene Rosenthal finally entered the room with a tired smile.

"Miss Liana, my most sincere apologies for my tardiness! Although any excuse is intolerable, I fear I have been busy dealing with the other nobles in stabilising the district from the slimes." He gave a gentlemanly bow before gently grasping Liana's hand and kissing it lightly before releasin it and standing straight. He then directed his gaze to the covered landscape painting - his eyes brightening up in anticipation over what he'd get to see - as he glanced at Liana, "What delightful artwork have you brought for me, this time, fair lady?"

Liana smiled politely before lifting the sheet and revealing the painting. "I saw you had requested a landscape of the slime horde and thought this would be the last chance to grasp the scene, my lord." The painting showed: numerous types of slimes gathered in a large horde on the outskirts of Scribel City; the sky was dark, with little slivers of reds, purples and golds peeking through the clouds - displaying the final rays of dusk; the immediate area surrounding the slimes was corroded away, with slime cores dotted around their vicinity to show how many had already been slain; engaging with the slimes were city guards, lizardmen warriors and a few adventurers - with Captain Harrison Bridger at the forefront leading the charge; a few fallen attackers were half-corroded by several slimes that had begun eating them while there were others who looked to be crawling on the ground and reaching out for help.

Lord Eugene Rosenthal stared wide-eyed at the landscape painting for a long while, before smiling wryly in admiration, "A truly amazing piece of art, Miss Liana! This really depicts the surreal beauty of the slimes through showing their many different forms, passive and aggressive states! Daring to show the danger and threat, as well as their fragility in one art piece! Ah~! It's truly amazing~! Thank you for another beautiful painting!" He sat wrote and signed a note before handing it to Liana, then escorted her out of the estate with an energised smile on his face. Waving goodbye to her, he was soon wrangled into another meeting with a noble and had to leave once again.

With the signed note in hand, Liana headed to the guild with Shuck where she handed in the remaining art supplies, wrote up her quest report and handed it in.
While waiting for the receptionist to appraise her report, Liana stroked Shuck's head absentmindedly while feeling the sun beginning to rise outside.

[OOC: Gained 6 slime cores that are stored in Liana's bedroom]

X
"Good work Liana~ and the dog is a fierce protector, It's nice."
Rewards
Exp: 100Money: 35G

Leegood

> > >
Delivering Packages [SC0204]
Objectives:
  • Pick up 3 packages from the guild mail office.
  • Deliver the packages to their intended recipients.
  • The packages must not be damaged.
The Adventurer's Guild operates the public mail service in the Scribel Region.
Some citizens live outside of the city in weird odd places. Can you find them?
Beware, monsters and thieves wander the road!
Rewards:
> > >

Report Status: Not Appraised

Niror smiled slightly to herself taking this new quest, as she grabbed three packages from the guild’s mail office. Grabbing the paper that had a list of the locations she needed to deliver plus the said packages she headed out of the office, humming as she walked to the first location. She’s going to the closest first - so she can look around the city more - the other two packages are closer to higher crime areas.

Holding onto the packages tightly, exploring the city quietly before coming to her first spot. Walking into the blacksmith shop, hearing the loud hammering of metal she went on her toes before a young man spotted her from behind the counter. “What can I help you with Miss?” The young man spoke loud enough for her to hear over the noise. “I got a package from the guide.” She spoke louder, moving the packet onto the counter.

“Ah thank you!” The young man took it. “The boss was waiting for this awhile.” The young turned going into the back. Niror just nodded to herself, before making her way out of the blacksmith. She should go back there to get a weapon? She frowned - she would rather just use her claws then daggers.

She shook her head walking to the next area, luckily all the locations were in the city - just the areas are different and higher crime rate of course. Walking to her next spot she looked around - new areas are nice to see, plus looking for thieves and other people who would do not good things to her or the packages.

Running to her next place to bypass almost all of these, problems that can be slightly calculated, but not a hundred percent sadly. Getting to her next location, was fast not getting into any messes caused by people. Knocking on the wooden door loudly, before waiting. The door opened slightly, with a rough voice coming out. “What?” It sounds like a man’s voice “Package from the guild.” She simply put it, as she spoke ‘guild’ the door opened to a tall man was behind it.

“Ah thank you..” He spoke, his voice seemed to be going. She handed the package over before nodding her head. “You’re welcome.” She walked away before hearing the door close behind her. Walking further into the depths of the crime zone she’s going to dub it. After a few minutes of walking, she had noticed someone was following her - younger then adults so she thought it is a thief if anything.

She sighed - this is overall troublesome though within expectations. She shook her head, moving through a crowd of closely packeted people, gripping the package to her chest making her way through darting to side to side squeezing her small frame through people. Just because she looks like a child doesn’t mean she is one! Hmph!

Having made a small detour to get away from a pesky bug, she finally delivered the package - before she made her way back to the guild muttering to herself about people ruining her times. Placing the quest onto the counter. “They are good, plus not damaged.” She spoke softly before making her way to the tavern.
"Nirror make sure to stay safe okay? and for a weapon, It'd be good to have a backup perhaps, something you could throw? Anyway, here's your reward."
\
Rewards:
OOC mark as appraised~

Leegood

report status: unappraised
> > >

Living Wood [SC0702]
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Find a magic tree in the forest.
  • Collect 1 log of living wood.
  • Do not kill the tree it is harvested from.
Living wood is a precious resource with many uses.
However, many magic trees are very rare, highly aggressive, and difficult to damage.
They will defend themselves against any adventurers trying to steal from them.
For sustainability reasons, please do not kill the tree;
Cutting one branch is sufficient for this quest.
Rewards:
> > >

She was curious at the dryad from before. While she could directly engage the tree itself, she felt that asking the dryad seem to be more reasonable. After all, it was the excessive response that she brought against the bees, that had moved the bees to contact the dryad. If she somehow did something as bad as before, she couldn't guarantee that the forest would keep its stance on her.

Deciding on her course of action, she set off to meet the dryad.

---

"You can have mine." The dryad said, pulling a branch from her tree and snapped it.

Watery tilted her head at the offering. She sought a living wood's branch, not hers.

"What you asked was a branch from a living wood. I'm a tree as you are water. Our existence was because nature granted us the dominion of our very being. So what makes me not living? Sooner or later, those living wood you pointed out will give birth one of my kind. 200 years, 300 years, another one of my kind will be formed. Take it. In exchange, make a small stream from the river to under the ground underneath me."

Thus, watery went to the river.

Sooner or later, the underground tunnel she planned to make would collapse. Had the dryad asked her to carry the water to the underground reservoir, she could just do that. But, generating a small stream... she didn't know how to make it sustainable. Hoping that this would not matter with the dryad, she began drilling.

Making a hole through the soft soil was infinitely easier than making it through the hard rock. As long as she could ensure that the stream of water would continue without her control, she choose to move through the crevices between the rock. Hopefully she could make it high enough for the water to flow from the river to the reservoir instead of the reverse.

she had connected to several wrong reservoir. each time she connected to one, she returned to the dryad to see if the dryad's root felt something. With each mistake, she collapsed the channel she had made to that reservoir, and moved to the other direction around that reservoir. It was the best she could do, since she had no actual direction for the water to go.

---

"Alright. Is this the right one?" she asked the dryad.

"Yes. I can feel the water rise. Thank you."

With the job completed, she took the branch and went back to adventurer guild.
"Ah an environmentalist~ Carelessly harvesting the forest is not good after all, I'd like to meet this dryad one day to befriend here. Anyways here's your reward, you deserve it."
Rewards:
OOC mark as appraised

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Quest Report (Appraised)
Forest Blight [SC0602]
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Search the forest for Blight.
  • Exterminate a Blighted area.
  • Do not burn down the whole forest.
Forest Blights are awakened plants that have been tainted by evil.
They are infectious, meaning a diseased plant will spread to healthy forest.
While not weak individually, wandering through a small forest of Blight can be dangerous.
You'd never know when the tree stump you're standing on suddenly tries to kill you.
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
References: (1)

After helping out a bit at the temple for a day, I decided to go after a quest again... It had been a while, and this one had been in the back of my mind for quite some time now, I worried about the possible repercussions it might have... For it's been too long since miss Felicia last checked up on this issue, and nobody else went after it since then.

So I picked the quest and headed to the Northern Forest to investigate the matter at hand.

At first there were no real issues inside it, though I noticed that the forest was quieter when compared to how it was back when I came here with mister Garret or when I escorted some people to get the Moonlight Water... Perhaps it was the backlash of the last attack on the guild... I prayed it was so.

But my prayers had no real effect this time, for I could feel a very... Uneasing presence further ahead... Once more, praying for The Goddess, I moved forward.

It didn't take more than a few steps, until a vine suddenly snapped towards me. Its sudden movement surprised me so much that I actually jumped away and somehow dodged the vine, I quickly thanked The Goddess for her protection, and then paid more attention to the plant that was near me... There was something dark about it... Something... Possessing it, one could say. Though not in the same way I was possessed.

Seems like the blight has expanded a long way already... It would be hard to clear all that on my own... But The Goddess sent me here for a reason, so I braced myself for the hard work ahead.

For now, I prayed... We were far from one another, but my prayers reached the plant... It wasn't too hard to take the blight away from it and let the plant return to normal. It seems that whatever was possessing it did not have a strong hold on the plant itself.

And so, I moved forward, paying more attention to my surroundings and feeling what was consumed by the darkness and what was not... And then I prayed for the plants that were possessed, and before long they were freed and returned to normal.

Though as I went deeper and deeper into the forest, I realized that basically every plant in this area was consumed by the blight, and it started taking longer to purify them... But it was alright, the plants wanted to be purified, and while the hold on them was stronger now, it was not impossible to clear it... With The Goddess help, all was doable, I just needed to believe.

After some time I got hungry and needed to stop to eat though... But the purified plants aided me and gave me some food... It was mostly unusual, I did not expect them to keep moving on their own after being cleansed, but it seems some sentience remained in them, to which I thanked The Goddess for.

Once I was done resting and eating, I kept moving ahead... Until I had to stop again, and eat more, and then sleep.

It was a tiring trip, but mostly peaceful, I could cleanse the plants from beyond their range of corruption... The main issue was how the progress got slower and slower as I moved... But I knew that this would not stop me, The Goddess had better plans for this forest than to just let it be consumed by the blight like this, I knew that much.

After some time, I certainly passed through the part that miss Felicia burnt... But I'm afraid I could not notice it at all, it seemed like the forest had completely recovered by now... A shame it recovered with corrupted plants though... But I cleansed the ones that I could, and then moved forward, that was how this would get done... One plant at a time.

And so, the days passed. It took about 3 days to finally reach the heart of the corruption, there was a big and purple plant amidst all the tainted ones. In its middle, there was a strange structure that felt like a giant cocoon that constantly pulsated, emanating some mist that spread the corruption to the forest.

... I got to work. I prayed that The Goddess would protect me and approached the plant... The other surrounding plants at first seemed to want to attack me, but... They didn't. They seemed to be resisting the influence of the central one, trying to accept The Goddess' blessings and be free from the blight.

I kept praying, praying and praying, until the ones in the surroundings were freed. Until the only one in my direct vicinity was the central plant, that did not seem to be cleansed just from far away prayers... And as such, I started walking towards it.

The plant seemed to react to that, and started throwing its mist directly towards me... It hurt my lungs, it felt like I was breathing poison... In order to stop that, I took out a talisman from my bag and held it in front of me while praying for The Goddess protection. She cleansed the nearby mist, and slowly got rid of the parts inside me as well... And so I kept walking.

It was tiring to keep pushing Mana into the Talisman while walking against the Mist, but I continued... I didn't know how much I'd last, but I knew I had to get there in order to do something about it... So one step at a time, I moved forward... Until I reached it. I reached the central plant that had completely surrounded me with its mist.

I started taking out other talismans and put them on the plant's unmovable roots, slowly doing it as I surrounded its entirety and had a talisman in each direction... And then, I started praying.

My prayers from this close, being amplified by the talismans had an effect this time, The Goddess' granted me the necessary power to go through the tree's defenses and cleanse it thoroughly... Going from the roots, all the way to the upper cocoon... The light took the blight away, cleansing the tree from its influence.

... And once it did, a couple things happened... First, all other trees in the surroundings started immediately getting cleansed. As if the grasp the Blight had on them instantly vanished.

Then, the cocoon broke apart, dispersing a last wave of darkness that was quickly consumed by the light.
Next, the plant that held the cocoon in place instantly withered, in a few seconds going from tall, majestic and astonishing, to a small branch... That soon crumbled to dust, leaving nothing where once stood the center of the corruption.

... This was not natural. That much I was certain of... It seems some more investigation would be required... But not for now... For now I needed to rest after burning mana that The Goddess has granted me into this purification... And then I'd need to report this back to the guild... Hopefully we'd be able to find some more information on this...

But at least, this area was cleared now.
  • Went to the forest area that Felicia contained the blight a while back.
  • Found it had spread a lot since then.
  • Cleansed it in a straight line until I reached the center. (took 3 days)
  • In the center there was some evil-like tree with a giant cocoon in its core, and it emanated some corrupting mist that affected the plants.
  • Cleansed the evil tree, which led to the whole area getting instantly cleansed and the evil tree crumbling to dust.
  • Went back to the guild with nothing remarkable happening afterwards.

Last edited:

killerbyte1123

appraised

Quest: It's Time to be a maid!
Sponsor: adventurer's guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:

• Spend a day cleaning the Tavern
  • Help out around the tavern
So you know that Tavern where a bunch of adventurer's live?

Since it's owned by the government, the guild will pay for you to work there.

Sweep the floors, do the laundry, wash the dishes, help out at the bar...

Rewards:
35 EXP
10 Gold

("John" body) After doing the first quest, when I went to the guild to claim my reward for some reason I was given a "Lizardmen Guild associate licence" instead of the 10 gold, this means that I don't have the quest necessary quest if wanted to get one, lucky me :P

But I still need that gold I have been sleeping with Jerry's body for 2 nights straight now while eating those hallucinogenic cheese, so I went back to the guild to get another "It's time to be a maid!" quest, after signing the quest paper for approval the receptionist asked me

"I've been wondering John, how did you get Claire to like you so much? Even making her write a letter of recommendation for the guild to personally request you if ever they need more help down in the tavern?" - receptionist

"nothing much, I just talked with Claire and Abigail about some stuff, and they thought me how to do the maid work, and after a few hours I think that I became friends with Abigail and co."

"hmm friends with Abi, huh" -receptionist

after that brief conversation with the receptionist I went towards the Tavern.

After 30 minutes of walking, Claire welcomed met o the Tavern

"Welcome back John I've been expecting you" - Claire

I said hello to her then we chatted a little bit before Claire made me transform into Abigail again, but th'n I aks'd Claire

wh're Abigail was.

"ohh Abi, she's going to be late today because of the kid's at the orphanage" - Claire

"wait?, Abigail's an orph'n?" - John

"oh, you didn't know, yeah Abi became an orphan when we were still kids, her family got killed by burglars, poor thing, but good thing was that we were playing at my house when that happened."

While Claire was talki'n bout Abigail's past I unknowingly grab me left forearm with me right hand

noticing me hands, Claire laugh'd at me sayi'n that that's what Abigail usually do wh'n she's worri'd.

"Abi...Abi..Abi!!!!" - ???

*boom*
crashi'n into me was a girl bou't 16-18 year's old

"geez Abi why didn't you stop me like usual, come to think of it you don't usually come this early on this day." - ???

“Hahahaaha, that’s not Abi that’s John, the one we talked about last night, you know the Doppelganger” - Claire

“Whoah, really? Really! Really!?, your John, my bad for earlier, I just saw you do the what I call “the signature melancholic Abigail” pose, then I just went *dash* then *crash* I’m Stacy btw” - Stacy

“Stacy, eh nice to meet’cha” - John

“Whoahhhhhh, you even talk like Abi” - Stacy

“right! , hahahahaha!!!” - Claire

I th’n Awkwardlly scratch my temple, but th’t caus’d more laughter to come out of them.

“Ok guys time for work, John I think you can do well without Abi, if you haave any questions ask Stacy ok.” - Claire

“I got you, John nee-san *wink*” - Stacy

Wh’n I got out of the room, I then started to work but as expect’d it was way hard’r without Abigail, the Tav’rn was so noisy and fill’d with peopl’ to the brim.

“Can I get this?”
“How much would this cost?”
“What do you recommend?”
“Are our foods ready?”
“How long till our food’s ready?”
“Excuse me”
“Excuse me”
“Where can I get some Ale?”
“How would you like to go dinner with me tonight?”
“No me!”
“No pick me!”
“No! If you pick me i’ll make you the happiest woman in the world!”

*Noisy* *Noisy* *Noisy*

After a coup’l minut’s runnin’ roun’d the Tavern, I saw Ryan takin’ an seat, after getting his order I questioned him bout his job at the gate, Ryan then looked at me bewildered, dropping his jaw.

“Di-di-di-did yo-yuo-you just ask me a question other than my order?!?!” - Ryan

*silence*~~~~~

With the awkward silence of the whol’ Tavern I look’d at Stacy, but wh’n I saw her she had her mouth closed while sweatin’ buck’ts

*cheers!!!!!* *murderous look towards Ryan*

“Abigail the Abigail finally talked to someone about other things than Tavern business!!! This might be my chance to talk to her finally!!!”
“Who does that guy think he is talking with Abigail”
“*fainted*”
“Omg this is a big scoop, the Abigail talked to someone!”

The once noisy Tavern became ev’n noisier, I th’n clos’d me eyes to ready meself for the barage that was about to come, but the moment John opened them John was in a bed with my default form.

“What happened to John?” - John

“John you’re finally awake, you passed out 30 minutes ago, you really had us worried there, hahaha” - Claire

“John doesn’t know what happened John doesn’t feel weird” - John

“Whoah so this is your true form, kinda cool looking am I right Abi? You’re true form is kinda different from what I expected” - Stacy

“Yeah he looks way diff’rent from what I imagin’d, he e’ven speak in 3rd person” - Abigail

While John was flexing his muscles “John thinks that John is good again” - John

John then transformed back to Abigail only to be encumbered by a wave of dizz’ness

*rumble~~~~~*

“What was that?” - Abigail
“What was that?” - John

Lookin’ at me fiercely manager asked me “Johnnnnnn!!!, when was the last time you ate?”

“I’ve been eatin’ cheese as jerry ev’ry night” - John

What's Jerry? questioned everyone.

Ohh Jerry’s a rat I answered.

Naggin’ at me manager asked me

“When was the last time you ate a proper meal”

I answer’d “2 days ago with Ryan”

“Ohhhh so that guy’s Ryan, I feel sorry for what’s about to happen to him” - Stacy

“What!! 2 days ago!. Wait there I’ll make you something to eat” - Claire

Aft’r a few minutes manager made me eat a delicious stir fry chicken

“I wonder is it because since his other body is a trained dude he didn’t feel hungry or the need to eat until he transformed to Abi?” - Stacy

“Th’t migh’t be true” - Abigail

“Anyways John after resting for a little bit more transform into your other body and just clean the back area” - Claire

After a few more minutes I transformed back into my “John” body and got ready to clean the back, at the same time Abigail went out the room and the moment she got outside I could really hear the cheers of the crowd.

Then just like that I finished another day of being a maid

OOC: I think you will find a little bit of trouble reading the last part.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Synthelione

Spoiler: I'm not homeless, am I? > > >
I'm not homeless, am I? [SC0005]
Objectives:
  • Find somewhere to sleep.
:blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep: Rewards:
  • Money: n/a

Report Status: (unappraised)

(Informal report as character has not been to the guild yet. Should be the last one though.)

Scribel City (prior to the slime raid)

After puking my way out of the so-called "Outworlder Portal", as Dust called it, I began to follow his directions to the tavern districts where a cluster of taverns could be found, to get a temporary home and to take stock of my situation.

The cluster turned out to be more of a district than a cluster, with dozens of taverns adorned with colourful banners and large groups of patrons streaming in and out of their doors - as expected of a city full of outworlders without permanent residence. To be honest, the sight was abit much for a person who had just experienced teleportation-sickness. Besides, this was a foreign land with too many unknown variables and my enemies may be lurking in the shadows, waiting for me, and so I should keep a lower profile. Not even being teleportation-sick could make me forget that I was on a dangerous mission.

And so, I wandered around, towards the less-visited parts of the district. Eventually, my feet carried me to the doors of the Ragged Flagon. The Flagon was situated along one of the nondescript side-alleys along the main thoroughfare. An unremarkable, albeit slightly run-down tavern the Flagon was - perfect for a person seeking to avoid attention.

After checking in to my room (and vomiting in the toilet) , I began to take stock of my situation.

Firstly, my teleportation sickness and feeling of weakness was not caused by the teleportation process, but rather its effect on me. Somehow, despite my homeland simply being to the far west of Tonia, somehow I had ended up coming through the Outworlder gate. And that had sent me falling all the way back to level one. Hence, my mind and body simply was not used to the stark difference between level 19 me and level 1 me, which must have induced this bout of migraine and nausea.

Secondly, and worst of all, my connection with Olivia has been cut off. And that means that I have been cut off from a large repertoire of divine skills, as well as from summoning my faithful warhorse Estrella. I will have to find out the reason behind my inability to access Olivia's divine realm and find a way to reconnect to it.

Finally, my mission has not changed. It is just that it gotten more complicated. I will have to seek out the Tears of the Gods while dealing with an enemy who knows of my mission and has even actively sabotaged it. I cannot say for certain that the ecumenical council has not managed to insert agents into Tonia to hunt for me and the Tears.

Still, I can do little more at level one and should probably find some work and level up soon. Speaking about work, I recall the existence of a certain Adventurers' Guild in the city. Obtaining an identity there would also allow me to blend in better and evade any would-be pursuers. Perhaps it is time to visit the Guild.

PriyaKitten

> > >
Customer Service Department [SC0208]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Office Work
  • Report to duty at the guild offices.
  • Resolve at least 5 complaints.
  • Do not upset the customers.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Every workplace has them — the infamous "difficult customer".
In the Customer Service Department, we get the toughest of the tough.
These are the clients that nobody else wants to deal with.
How will you deal with them? Can you handle a rowdy adventurer?
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
> > >

Report Status: Appraised

Niror was in the guild once again - this time she heard she’s gonna face difficult people. Why do people have to be so… Trigger happy, especially adventurers, I get it’s a stressful job but damn… Take a chill pill and relax. Sitting down at my spot - once again with two old books on I was sitting on plus the chair I got comfortable for the long run of rowdy adventures and their problems that no one else wants to handle.

She let out a sigh - at least she is getting paid even though her clothing is better then shreds now. Tavern people are rather nice to meet for sure - shaking her head to get back on track of her current quest she waited for her first trouble maker to arrive…

Taking a few minutes someone showed up, rather buff looking man with his face saying: “I hate this.” He stood in at the counter before fixing his eyes on Niror scanning her slightly covered face as her hood was up to block some of the sunlight they will be appearing soon. He soon pushed down a paper against the counter. “This is stupid!” He started - she can already feel head pain starting to come just from these first three words.

As his hand left the paper, she took it - it was two papers one was a quest than a response from the guild. Reading through his report, then over to the quest, the guild had supplied she listened to the man huff and puff before she looked up as he finally got to the pain point of ruining her quiet time. “They said I didn’t fully complete the quest so I won’t get the whole reward - I did everything.” He crossed his arms staring down at her.

She sighed in her head, a simple man. She looked back to the report before looking back up. “You forgot to get rid of the twenty rat bodies that you left behind in the sewer - that’s what the guild claims plus you didn’t put in your report if you *had* gotten rid of the bodies, making us having to go check.” She took a breath before shifting on her book chair. “Only getting part of the reward is better than nothing. On a note, if you do the quest again, you can throw the bodies at the slimes so they can eat them - then kill the slimes. Two birds with one stone, just a hint.” She smiled slightly towards the man who was now processing what she had said.

It took him a moment before giving a smile. “Damn for a brat you sure are smart!” He nodded before turning to leave before stopping to speak. “I’ll use the idea, if it doesn’t work I’ll be back to you!” He exited the guild. She sighed quietly moving the papers to the side. All muscles no brain people are painful to deal with. At least he didn’t try to reach over to grab her.

After hours of taking these rowdy humans and counterparts, she thought she was dealing with stupid people who were always up to arms within a given chance they though the guild was trying to screw them over. Honestly, no wrong in so many aspects. At least she could explain to them why it happened, and how they could do better in the future, even though she didn’t know what most of the quests, or problems certain people had.

She smiled faintly to herself, as she hopped down from the chair. In all, she had helped ten people, all them just rowdy and quick to anger so they just sent them here. This is understandable as it made it more efficient for the front to process people quicker. She had written her report, plus she had someone close to her so they could vouch she was actually here and working on these things. Going to the front to place her quest and report in front of the lady who was behind the desk she went to the side to wait for her quest to be processed.

Last edited:

Vanus

evaluated
> > >
Eel riders [SC0304]
Objectives:
  • The lake guardsmen ride Eels learn from them
  • (optional )Befriend the Eel you are riding
  • (optional) Lose a race to the Guards
Living in such a wet place has it's downsides
But it also has it's upsides one of those is riding eels
Go learn how to from the guards I'm sure they will love to teach you
You may need this skill to take quests further down the line so pick it up now!
I wouldn't recommend racing the lake guards they are experts at this.
Rewards:
  • Money: (1 G)
  • Other: Eel riding skill
> > >
I went down to the dock where the lake guards were meeting up after getting this quest from the receptionist with the filled neck. One of the guards ran over and escorted me to a small pen with one of the lake eels in it. The eel was literally that a large eel. I then went and got taught how to sit on it in the lake and how to do other such things by the guard. The eel was a dick I did not like him always trying to run away from under me. The eels were of course very slimy and you had to hold onto specific parts of the body to make sure that you stayed on. Surprisingly though the eel didn't try and do a death roll like a crocodile would have. The words written are all bland and have very little substance behind them just as the experience was for the current AIEO blank and bland the information was absorbed but nothing more.

Last edited: