are there sites like scribblehub for webcomics?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
after working on webnovels for so long I've decided to branch out my portfolio. my goal had always been to make comics; webnovels are just an alternate way to tell my intended stories while i cultivate my skill on the canvas. I'm still wet behind my ears (i.e: shit at drawing) but i think I'm competent enough to actually create a comic.

are there any sites i could post my stuff in? webtoons is one, but i'd like something a little less commercial too. 18+ is preferable. i have plans i cannot divulge at this time.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
I'm not savvy or experienced.

Topwebcomics lists many comics including 18+, but it doesn't host the actual comics, just links. It's not really like SH at all. No forum. It's kind of dated.

Most of those webcomics have their own websites or are hosted by a publisher like Hiveworks (might be worth checking out).

Sorry if this wasn't helpful.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I remember I used to browse something along the lines nearly a decade ago, but I can't remember the name and I don't it's still up.

Was never very popular when I looked at it anyways.

D

Deleted member 54065

Benj, my manga is also made using traditional medium. Instead of using screentone, I shaded my drawings, since I'm lazy tinkering it on the computer.

If you want to go graphic novel yet you'll be using trad, try to get a scanner so your pages will look good. (Scan at least 300 dpi resolution). Don't use phone camera since it will affect the quality of the image (shaky hands, lighting, etc.)

I scanned this sample @ 400 dpi (used PS to lower the resolution to 100 dpi, since SH can't take in large file size), and no digital effects apllied.

Screenshot_20221214_000755.jpg

As for the site, sorry I can't help you with one right now (try Tapas though). WebkomPH is exclusive for Filipino authors, and they moderate stuff we upload.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenJepheneT

Benj, my manga is also made using traditional medium. Instead of using screentone, I shaded my drawings, since I'm lazy tinkering it on the computer.

If you want to go graphic novel yet you'll be using trad, try to get a scanner so your pages will look good.
i'm already scanning my stuff for preparation. I just finished a short comic today, they look something like this (i omitted a page in between for reasons):

D

Deleted member 54065

i'm already scanning my stuff for preparation. I just finished a short comic today, they look something like this (i omitted a page in between for reasons):

You can try to desaturate the image so it'll look better. (Damn T H I C C)

In this sample, I only used pens for inking and colored ballpens for coloring. Then applied desaturation thru PS. (You can see the strokes I did 😁)

Screenshot_20221214_001813.jpg

melchi

What is a custom title?
Pixiv has quite a bit of webcomics though that is not the main thing.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
after working on webnovels for so long I've decided to branch out my portfolio. my goal had always been to make comics; webnovels are just an alternate way to tell my intended stories while i cultivate my skill on the canvas. I'm still wet behind my ears (i.e: shit at drawing) but i think I'm competent enough to actually create a comic.

are there any sites i could post my stuff in? webtoons is one, but i'd like something a little less commercial too. 18+ is preferable. i have plans i cannot divulge at this time.
Go to tapas. It's practically the English version of Naver. It has a webnovel part but it's treated like a bastard child and only used as bait to bring in more audience for their comics section.

But if your plans involve colonizing Mars or destroying the planet Earth, Ai-chan doesn't think posting in Tapas will help. Tapas wouldn't be able to help with your desire for space exploration either.

BenJepheneT

In this sample, I only used pens for inking and colored ballpens for coloring. Then applied desaturation thru PS. (You can see the strokes I did 😁)

View attachment 16409
nah, i need the saturation so that the colours can stand out (I'm working under cheap ass colour pencils). i don't have PS, but i do have Instagram filters. won't be as good but it's sufficient for what i need at the moment.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Krita does a lot of the same things photoshop does and costs infinitely less.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
For 18+ webtoons there aren’t sites to post for free afaik.

You can try Twitter or pixiv. And if you’re very desperate, then upload on aggregator sites too.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Hentai Foundry

I've uploaded there, but I haven't visited recently.

apexaltra

I know a few hosted on Comicfury, https://comicfury.com/

Depending on what you mean by "18+" you could also try Webtoons or Tapas. I used to use Tapas for my series and was able to post gore and censored nudity there. Just check their TOS and stuff. But note that having mature content will limit the visibility of your comic on mobile and on their app.

You can also look at sites like https://www.topwebcomics.com/, https://new.belfrycomics.net/, and https://tagpacker.com/user/webcomic.library to see where other people are hosting their comics.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…

View attachment 16409
That drawing is great, is that the flag of Revolutionary Catalonia?