Daily Loss Mega Thread

D

Deleted member 93348

I know this is supposed to be about a loss that I celebrate for, but please let me explain the opposite because it’s making me bawl my eyes out as we speak:

The orphan kitten my mother brought in our house two days ago has passed away this afternoon. I told them that kittens younger than four weeks old will most likely not survive without their mother, and I was right.

It’s not that my family didn’t feel the same way. It’s just that I did next to nothing on my part to help the kitten survive at least a week. I feel so disgusted about myself.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
I know this is supposed to be about a loss that I celebrate for, but please let me explain the opposite because it’s making me bawl my eyes out as we speak:

The orphan kitten my mother brought in our house two days ago has passed away this afternoon. I told them that kittens younger than four weeks old will most likely not survive without their mother, and I was right.

It’s not that my family didn’t feel the same way. It’s just that I did next to nothing on my part to help the kitten survive at least a week. I feel so disgusted about myself.
You are not responsible for it. Kittens at that age have to be cared for 24/7. (if that young that its eyes were not open yet then feed it via syringes, etc.) Nobody can expect that from you or from your family out of the blue. Not to mention not knowing if the poor kitten had any injuries or illness. Life is tough, and nature is scary. At least you took the poor kitten in and gave it a chance.

Chin up, you did more than many others would. Don't feel bad about yourself.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Ill use my loss to try to uplift the mood a bit. (poor kitten - you really were a godsend Felix, be proud.)

i published a chapter on a friday to see if people would read - and well, i dont know if its because people are busy af on friday or if its because I posted a speedbump chapter or if its cause i called the chapter an interlude (which i mean it is)

probably the actual reason is 2022 was a bit of a hell for me and i just couldnt write. but now im trying to correct that

but i will celebrate because i managed to not succumb to fears and pressures. which is amazing, and i intend to finish this thing one way or another. determination or some shite

Lloyd

Professional Writer
This morning I had really bad diarrhea. Massive Lloyd L 😢

J_Chemist

Tried to deadlift 405 today. Couldn't finish like an old man who's got ED or a dude with death grip syndrome.
Nearly got it twice but I tried five times.
  • First set, I was able to get it to my upper thigh but my grip failed.
  • Second and third sets, I couldn't lift it passed my ankles from the exhaustion.
  • Waited almost twenty five minutes before warming up again. Tried a fourth time and got it to upper thigh before my back just failed to extend and my hips wouldn't lock out.
  • Tried a fifth time and it didn't even budge. I gave up and went home.
A tragedy. I am malding. Going back tomorrow to try again.

i spent my day by continuously asking chatgpt questions that got flagged really often.

and to make it an even bigger loss, i feel somehow proud of it.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I received a 2-star rating, but it seems that the person actually read some of the story, so...
The loss is that they didn't say why the 2-star rating was needed, not the 2-star rating itself.
Oh, how much I love DeviantArt! No ratings there, and I don't have to post chapter by chapter. Long live the PDF and EPUB race!

doravg

ChatGPT flagged me twice. I think that the smut is bleeding into my German stories. But since it was version 4, it fixed the grammar. Version 4 is the better chat. It doesn't eat away words that it doesn't like, and allows curse words. And now it has a cap of 50 messages, which is enough so that I can edit my writing for the day.

ACertainPassingUser

I still failed in my quest to sleep peacefully and wake up being refreshed without feeling drowsy.

Even when I sleep and wake up early, I still wake up without feeling refreshed and motivated.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Thought I could finish the third simulation model by the end of today.

Not happening. Now am just waiting for tomorrow's questioning.

Ps. I spelled Specification wrongly in all three models and cannot be bothered to do so many changes.

doravg

I feel as if I am the only one who writes Hetalia Bulgaria/Hetalia Byzantine (BL) fanfictions. I don't know why more people aren't doing it. They are enemies to frenemies, and both are prone to doing things for the lulz...
Well, if I have to sink with a ship, then so be it! I pledge to write at least 100 fanfictions in their honor!
Happy writing, everyone!

Chrono157

I was too tired today to write a new chapter, breaking my streak of daily updates (at least in my timezone) of around 15 days.

WeissBlatt

I am become hiatus
I'm feeling drowsy but there's still stuff to do. Just a nap... :blob_sleep:

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I woke up and my leg was hurting. Thought it would go away, but it still hurts. On the bright side, I have an excuse to not move from my computer if I want.