Free Character Sketches! (closed to new requests)

Katsuya

Thanks! I can just do a free character sketch for you if you want :D There's no need to ask for a commission from the get-go, no worries!
Okay~. I don't think I need any right now. I think??????? Thanks anyways! :)

NobleTalon

I love your art style, I already commissioned an artwork from an artist for my novel cover but if you are still open to do some sketch for characters designs I would be pleased.

I can also commission you if you are up to do more important works, just keep me informed if you are interested ! (send me pm on scribblehub I won't be too long to answer)

softmoonblade

I love your art style, I already commissioned an artwork from an artist for my novel cover but if you are still open to do some sketch for characters designs I would be pleased.

I can also commission you if you are up to do more important works, just keep me informed if you are interested ! (send me pm on scribblehub I won't be too long to answer)
Hey NobleTalon,
I can do character sketches for you! Just send me a few reference pictures of how you want each of your characters to look like if you can, and additional details about them that you want to share. (Such as appearance, personality and the like)

Thanks!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
@softmoonblade im coming in hot and piping

you mentioned reference pictures. this is the best I could muster out for now.

he's got a slightly chubby face, thick eyebrows, and a usual, monotonous expression. personality wise, he's more often than not unexpressive, but he isn't cold. just calm and cool most of the time.

honestly I just wanna see you draw a chub face.

fat boys ftw

softmoonblade

@softmoonblade im coming in hot and piping

you mentioned reference pictures. this is the best I could muster out for now.

he's got a slightly chubby face, thick eyebrows, and a usual, monotonous expression. personality wise, he's more often than not unexpressive, but he isn't cold. just calm and cool most of the time.

honestly I just wanna see you draw a chub face.

fat boys ftw
Hey Ben,
This was a challenge! Your character is taking a selfie. Aand I kind of cheated on drawing the face by drawing a mask... I hope you like the result (⊙﹏⊙)
1643356169271.png

BenJepheneT

Hey Ben,
This was a challenge! Your character is taking a selfie. Aand I kind of cheated on drawing the face by drawing a mask... I hope you like the result (⊙﹏⊙)
View attachment 11839
let me preface this by saying i love what you've done with my character and that the mask was a cool extra id never thought suited him

but he looks about two seconds away from committing ntr with the next-door neighbour's wife and daughter, saying this in a nice way (though considering his story, it wouldn't be too far a stretch of a scenario)

softmoonblade

let me preface this by saying i love what you've done with my character and that the mask was a cool extra id never thought suited him

but he looks about two seconds away from committing ntr with the next-door neighbour's wife and daughter, saying this in a nice way (though considering his story, it wouldn't be too far a stretch of a scenario)
Oh my sorry lol I never intended that, I was thinking more like he just finished some weightlifting and wanted to show off his biceps :)

BenJepheneT

Oh my sorry lol I never intended that, I was thinking more like he just finished some weightlifting and wanted to show off his biceps :)
it's not your fault I've just been reading too many stuff I shouldn't be reading 🗿

Out of curiosity are seconds allowed?

Agentt

Thighs
Hi ho hello, newbie here. Loving the community so far :)

I was browsing through the forums and was delighted to discover an art forum! I have so far done a few art cover commissions for authors on Royal Road, but I haven't really solidified my art style just yet, so now I am looking for motivation to find it. You can see more of my art here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Xv1qTaWop9LzfsBA6FGrGIcPWBZfjG9o?usp=sharing

Here is general idea of what the sketches might look like. If I like your idea, I might add colors to it (although subject to experimentation for me to discover my art style):
View attachment 11711View attachment 11712View attachment 11713

If anybody wants a free character sketch of their novel, please do ask, I'm quite eager to fulfill your request!

Please do provide me as much detail about your character as you can, and if possible, you can send about 3 reference images. If you want a fully colored, and detailed character for your cover after you see the sketch, then I'd be happy to go through the commissioning process! (not free though sorry)

*What I DO NOT draw:
- Horror
- Highly Sexual imagery
- Demon stuffs

Thanks for reading!
Well, firstly,
Welcome To Scribblehub!

I am so glad you like it here.

I hope you can improve yourself here loads here.
Don't ever hesitate to ask questions about art style or brush size or what not from the artists here,

I hope you can do commissions soon.

As for practice, hm, let's see,
I don't have any need, so maybe I'll just ask for a self portrait of myself.
I have a square face, sharp chin, the length to breath ratio is 98% of the golden ratio(I doubt that will be useful, but it's still a random fact I like to throw around), I have facial hair, just a bit, my eyes are a bit close to each other, and they are thin like an asian, and my nose is broad, something my mother compares to a falafel.
Oh, and thick eyebrows

softmoonblade

it's not your fault I've just been reading too many stuff I shouldn't be reading 🗿

Out of curiosity are seconds allowed?
hmm actually I'm starting to get quite busy so no seconds!
Well, firstly,
Welcome To Scribblehub!

I am so glad you like it here.

I hope you can improve yourself here loads here.
Don't ever hesitate to ask questions about art style or brush size or what not from the artists here,

I hope you can do commissions soon.

As for practice, hm, let's see,
I don't have any need, so maybe I'll just ask for a self portrait of myself.
I have a square face, sharp chin, the length to breath ratio is 98% of the golden ratio(I doubt that will be useful, but it's still a random fact I like to throw around), I have facial hair, just a bit, my eyes are a bit close to each other, and they are thin like an asian, and my nose is broad, something my mother compares to a falafel.
Oh, and thick eyebrows
Hey Agentt,
Here's my take on YOU :)
You're classy and tired and just came back from work
(edit: I noticed a bit of the head was bald so made a quick fix)
edit 2: sorry that was the finger ;-;
1643432576918.jpeg

Last edited:

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Gosh, I love what you've done with @Agentt! :blob_happy: Now I can imagine what he looks like when reading his comments. You've definitely got a style coming along! All your sketches are very beautiful! :blob_aww:

In general I make my own covers, but if you've got free time and are simply looking to play around with styling, feel free to try your hand at either of these two (my ancient Chinese Dwayne Johnson and Jimmy Choo :blob_happy:).

Please click here if the image doesn't load!

Remember, only if you have free time and are only looking to play around! If you've got work or commissions to do, or someone else's free cover to draw, please consider drawing for them first.

Out of curiosity though, have you any characters of your own? :blob_aww: I'm assuming those on the front page and in the drive are commissioned work.

Agentt

Thighs
hmm actually I'm starting to get quite busy so no seconds!

Hey Agentt,
Here's my take on YOU :)
You're classy and tired and just came back from work
(edit: I noticed a bit of the head was bald so made a quick fix)
edit 2: sorry that was the finger ;-;
View attachment 11871
Oh my, I wouldn't had seen this if not for Lin chan mentioning me. Since the posts merge, I didn't get a notification.

You did an amazing work. I was afraid you might skrew up the eyes since making them asian thin is hard, but you did a fair bit.
My hair is more messier than that, and my shoulders would dream of being that broad, but I'll take the compliment.

softmoonblade

Oh my, I wouldn't had seen this if not for Lin chan mentioning me. Since the posts merge, I didn't get a notification.

You did an amazing work. I was afraid you might skrew up the eyes since making them asian thin is hard, but you did a fair bit.
My hair is more messier than that, and my shoulders would dream of being that broad, but I'll take the compliment.
haha thanks! Now that I look back, I think I did make you look very buff oops (~ ̄▽ ̄)~
Gosh, I love what you've done with @Agentt! :blob_happy: Now I can imagine what he looks like when reading his comments. You've definitely got a style coming along! All your sketches are very beautiful! :blob_aww:

In general I make my own covers, but if you've got free time and are simply looking to play around with styling, feel free to try your hand at either of these two (my ancient Chinese Dwayne Johnson and Jimmy Choo :blob_happy:).

Please click here if the image doesn't load!

Remember, only if you have free time and are only looking to play around! If you've got work or commissions to do, or someone else's free cover to draw, please consider drawing for them first.

Out of curiosity though, have you any characters of your own? :blob_aww: I'm assuming those on the front page and in the drive are commissioned work.
Woh your art is very pretty and refined I like! 👍
I'm honored that you would ask me to draw you something
and aw, thanks for being so considerate, I am quite busy at the moment, so maybe next week, if I do have time

Only one of the sketches that I initially posted is commissioned work, although the shared google drive does contain more commissioned work :) they're not the best though

I do have a character of my own actually! It's in fact my profile pic :) She is the main character of my infant novel "Female Ranker: Drunken Lunar Blade"

Last edited:

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Woh your art is very pretty and refined I like! 👍
I'm honored that you would ask me to draw you something
and aw, thanks for being so considerate, I am quite busy at the moment, so maybe next week, if I do have time

Only one of the sketches that I initially posted is commissioned work, although the shared google drive does contain more commissioned work :) they're not the best though

I do have a character of my own actually! It's in fact my profile pic :) She is the main character of my infant novel "Female Ranker: Drunken Lunar Blade"
Aww thank you sweety, bless your heart~ :blob_hug:❤️💕
And no, no, no need to, please don't push yourself! Only if you're not busy and feel like it. I know what it feels like to just want to cut loose and experiment with other things - also that that feeling comes and goes hahaha! :blob_happy:

I see, so the ranker is your OC! Very nice!!! She's so dreamy looking!

softmoonblade

I wanna see your OCs more than other people's OC
<.<
>.>
I see you have good taste (✿◡‿◡)
Just kidding lol or am I-

Sadly I haven't gotten to drawing a lot of my OCs yet (since they belong to unpublished/unwritten webnovel ideas), tho you can check out the full-ish look the one on my profile pic through this link (if you haven't already): Female Ranker: Drunken Lunar Blade | Scribble Hub

jus grabbing onto this opportunity for self promotion oho
also just want to share an art commission from one of the requests! It was hard but a great learning experience for me woo (ง •_•)ง
A big thanks to Simo for letting me do a cover for his unreleased novel

If anyone is interested in his work, I will put a link to his other novel here: Reborn as a DRAGON | Scribble Hub

1643689103412.png

Last edited:

Simo

A lazy sloth
I see you have good taste (✿◡‿◡)
Just kidding lol or am I-

Sadly I haven't gotten to drawing a lot of my OCs yet (since they belong to unpublished/unwritten webnovel ideas), tho you can check out the full-ish look the one on my profile pic through this link (if you haven't already): Female Ranker: Drunken Lunar Blade | Scribble Hub

jus grabbing onto this opportunity for self promotion oho
also just want to share an art commission from one of the requests! It was hard but a great learning experience for me woo (ง •_•)ง
A big thanks to Simo for letting me do a cover for his unreleased novel

If anyone is interested in his work, I will put a link to his other novel here: Reborn as a DRAGON | Scribble Hub

View attachment 11902
Thank you for the amazing work Moon!