How long do you wait for comments?

EternalSunset0

After I post a new chapter, I'd log in a bit more frequently to sh to check if anybody left a message for about one to two days, after which I log in as usual
Logically, it should depend on how many people are reading your work. The more you have, the higher chance someone comments.

SH is almost always open in one of my tabs, so the "how long" question and me logging back in is often not an issue.

Plus1

I just check them when I log in to post a chapter or read; since I post almost every day there are always new comments. From your comment, TrashyHuman, you must not post very often, but most authors, like me, post much more frequently, so your question doesn't really make much sense for us.

Armored99

Harem-phobic
I threaten my readers saying that I will tell them unsavory details if I don't get comments.

Macrendil-Ysmir

I check my SH multiple times a day depending on how busy I am. At work? Maybe two or three times. At home? Whenever I try to find something to read or watch I usually stroll through everything including SH to check for updates & comments.

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
How, do you like to receive messages?.

Or I am just the rare with extreme social anxiety that every sees that sees the notification bell is a bad sign thinking that someone new to come brutally to criticize my work that I am doing for fun and free?

Now speaking seriously, although if I give me a cardiac every time I see a new and we really think it's something bad, the comments that I have review have been mostly comments or theories about the plot, so that I think it's good that you have taken the time to write something. As for the frequency to which I review, although I would like to say that I review it once a week, the truth is that every time I take a new chapter I check live the visits for 5 hours in a row.

JK-Sama

I check impulsively every other hour of the day.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
If I post at midnight, I check at noon. If I post later in the afternoon, I check in later that night.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Comments?? What are those? Can you eat them?

In short, I don't really get them at all, so I don't really bother. I get more of them for fanfics on AO3, so I don't really update my original stuff or check here much.