How Many Grievous Mistakes Have You Made In Life?

What is your mistake coefficient?

• [0,2) (I hear humans make mistakes. Are you sure you're human?)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • [2,4)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • [4,6)

• [6,8)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [8,10)

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • [12,14)

• [14,16)

• [16,18)

• [18,20)

• [20,25)

• [25,30)

• [30,35)

• [35,40)

• [40,45)

• [45,50)

• 50+ (If your still going at this point probably nothing can stop you. Ohohohoho)

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • BenJepheneT

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • [10,12) (Looks like I made a mistake making this poll)

• Total voters

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
I was thinking about various mistakes that I've made in life and I wondered what is the age corrected distribution for the number of mistakes that people make. In general, I just want to know how much people mess up in life on average so I'm going to make a poll here.

To participate just come up with the number of serious mistakes you have made in life (a rough number), multiply by 10, then divide by your age, then pick a range on the poll that you fit in.

For example, a person says they made 22 mistakes, 22*10 = 220, their age is 20 and they divide by their age 220/20 = 11, then they select the [10,12) interval. [10,12) meaning from 10, including 10, up to 12, not including 12.

I'll call it the Yorda Mistake Coefficient. My coefficient is surprisingly high! In hindsight it fills me with awe that my life still goes on and that I can function! Ohohohoho

When I say mistakes I mean something as bad as the following examples.
Drinking too much and vomiting on your boss at a party.
Car accident.
Telling a bad joke that loses a friend and still makes people cringe to this day.
Stealing company supplies and getting caught.
Publicly embarrassing yourself.
Wetting yourself at a slumber party when you were a child.

I guess anything that causes significant regret. People that don't feel regret over anything in life such as no regrets over cheating, stealing, or murdering people should not answer this poll because they'll throw off the statistics I guess?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Drinking too much and vomiting on you boss at a party.
Car accident.
Telling a bad joke that loses a friend and still makes people cringe to this day.
Stealing company supplies and getting caught.
Publicly embarrassing yourself.
Wetting yourself at a slumber party when you were a child.
I guess anything that causes significant regret.
My presence ALONE in this forum trumps everything listed here.

Having regrets mean you KNOW what you're doing is wrong. The best part about it is to let it go and learn from your lessons. Having no regrets is somewhat of a bad news if you ask me.

Yorda

My presence ALONE in this forum trumps everything listed here.

Having regrets mean you KNOW what you're doing is wrong. The best part about it is to let it go and learn from your lessons. Having no regrets is somewhat of a bad news if you ask me.
Benben's very existence is a mistake! =O

I don't think that having regrets means that you know what you're doing is wrong. For example, somebody makes a decision then they find out later that they chose poorly and messed up their life. They didn't know what they were doing was wrong, but they found out that the consequence of their decision was not what they expected or wanted.

Edit: "Yorda's words of experience. Ohohohoho"
Edit: Benben, I have made a special poll option for you to choose past 50.

my biggest mistake is probably playing a gacha game, but i'm too far deep to regret it.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Well I almost ran over people before and rearended another car once. Mistakes wise I made plenty, so much so I don't really bother to count. Regrets on the other hand, like close people dying etc, a handful.

Also, who da fuck will spend money on loot boxes and gacha? When my colleague who called me a pennypincher has his game server closed down, I said, "that's why."

I also have the tendency to pirate instead of buy cuz money is precious to me. To hell, the only crimes that I never committed are the ones I know I cannot get away or too costly.

D

Deleted member 29316

My existence is a mistake, but I still try to be of use even though it's like that.

However, I keep on making mistakes even when I thought I'm doing what was right...and paid dearly for it.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
My existence is a mistake, but I still try to be of use even though it's like that.

However, I keep on making mistakes even when I thought I'm doing what was right...and paid dearly for it.
Nah, no one's existence is a mistake, because when the majority is a mistake, no one is.

The most important of making a mistake is to learn from it, something I had yet to master.

Hey, like my favorite Teddy (or is it Churchill? Someone help google) once said, when you are making enemies, you are making good progress.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I don't think that having regrets means that you know what you're doing is wrong. For example, somebody makes a decision then they find out later that they chose poorly and messed up their life. They didn't know what they were doing was wrong, but they found out that the consequence of their decision was not what they expected or wanted.
They didn't know what they did was wrong, but now they do. Hence, regret. How could you possibly know what you're doing is the wrong thing unless you're deliberately doing it on your will? If you KNOW what you've done is bad, then unless you hate the outcome of that decision, that won't be a regret.

I doubt Hitler regretted grilling that 6 mil, so if you ask him, he probably didn't regret a single thing.

Ruriha

Well-known Procrastinator
I used to shrug off my mom's joke about her attempt at getting me aborted as some sort of story to scare me as a child. It took me several years after I went for a check-up due to some complication that she wasn't joking when she confessed to the doctor. Haha.

D

Deleted member 29316

Hey, like my favorite Teddy (or is it Churchill? Someone help google) once said, when you are making enemies, you are making good progress.
Well, I dunno 'bout that...

See, I lost my job before because I defended a student after he got raped by a fellow co-worker. I'm the one whom the child confided to, and I did my best (the legal ways) to bring my co-worker to justice.

We both lost our jobs as teachers. He, because of his case, and I, because he threatened to kill me, and my school blamed me for the 'scandal' instead of helping.

So yeah, I guess I fucked up. That led me to study law later on.

SailusGebel

I chose the wrong studying course and went to the wrong college because of that. When I was in middle school, I bullied a guy without even realizing it. That's all.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
I'm the personification of perfection descending from the wholeness above to look down unto the inferiority of the flawed reality.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Well, I dunno 'bout that...

See, I lost my job before because I defended a student after he got raped by a fellow co-worker. I'm the one whom the child confided to, and I did my best (the legal ways) to bring my co-worker to justice.

We both lost our jobs as teachers. He, because of his case, and I, because he threatened to kill me, and my school blamed me for the 'scandal' instead of helping.

So yeah, I guess I fucked up. That led me to study law later on.
Oh... yeah the school is a shit place, if it is willing to protect its name by letting a rapist run amok, it might as well get burned down. Also, please tell me that bastard who sodomized a minor is incarcerated?

As for you, I know it sucks, it definitely sucks to do the right thing and get punished for it. Sad to see how the society has turned out like this. But look at the bright side, at least you are studying law now to really shove it up the criminals' asses (horrible pun not intended, but after I wrote this, I just roll with it.)

D

Deleted member 29316

Oh... yeah the school is a shit place, if it is willing to protect its name by letting a rapist run amok, it might as well get burned down. Also, please tell me that bastard who sodomized a minor is incarcerated?

As for you, I know it sucks, it definitely sucks to do the right thing and get punished for it. Sad to see how the society has turned out like this. But look at the bright side, at least you are studying law now to really shove it up the criminals' asses (horrible pun not intended, but after I wrote this, I just roll with it.)
No. He isn't. In fact, he's a teacher in another school (a private one).

It's the reason I have to leave work. The mother of the raped child took pity on him, and didn't slap cases (dropped it). He goes free, and subtly threatens those who opposed him of death.

Last edited by a moderator:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
No. He isn't. In fact, he's a teacher in another school (a private one).

It's the reason I have to leave work. The mother of the raped child took pity on him, and didn't slap cases (dropped it). He goes free, and subtly threatens those who opposed him of death.
*pats back*

Well, that sucks.

Angry_Clown

Voted for Ben. Saw the results. Damn.

Yorda

Wow! Just look at all the mistakes that have added up in the span of 1 day. I commend you all for persevering through various imperfections!

I'm not sure if people are voting for Ben because they like him or if they feel their mistake coefficients are immeasurable, but that's okay!

Fundamentally this poll is too subjective to have statistical significance! Obviously. However, it was interesting, and then there were the dark parts that crept in ...

This thread was spawned after a long day of working infected me with exhaustion and life reflections. Another strange thread indeed.