How many words do you write a day?

Nhatduongg

Yuyuko Saigyouji, The Dreaming Ghost
Well, I used to write 1k/day when I first started, and it broke my sanity. So now I’m writing 300/day (but I think I’ll try to do 500 because I’d want to save up some chapters as one person said I should).

MerCurry

Around or above 1k.

granted, i SHOULD write multiple days to spare my sanity, but my laziness takes over then

AriaJane

For me, it depends a lot on how I'm feeling. Often I can't make myself write even when I want to. If I write for an hour then I get 1600 words on average, if I manage to write a few hours a day, I can get 5000 words quite easily. But then I risk burnout. I don't have anywhere set up for just writing so distractions abound and I spend a lot of time doing nothing :/

TotallyHuman

When I feel like writing I can pull off up to 6000 words per try, but then I don't write anything for months on end

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
I usually only do 8k~10k in a single day, then burn out for the next week or two.

I'm trying to make my writing habits more consistent, but I can't stop myself from doing pump and dump writer...

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
500 a day is my minimum. I surpass it most of the time, but sometimes I don't. Sometimes I skip a day and make up for it tomorrow. As long as I keep writing, is what my goal is.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Once done 24ch in a month and I’m still burnt out

earlfangs

I used to write 2k a day, and sometimes 3k—5k. But now I can hardly write a word. One chapter takes me almost a week to finish.

Kitsura

I am currently practicing my endurance for faster writing speed and consistency.

I'm already pretty productive at around 1k per day. But I've been practicing 2k daily and hopefully, my goal is to get around 3k average, while also being able to grind around 5-10k in a single day if needed.

I'm of the opinion that the only way to get better at writing is writing a fuck ton and I want to be able to write half a million words a year.

Currently at around 200k so I need to work a little faster it seems.

Jemini

I simply cannot sit comfortably unless I output somewhere around 10K words per week. However, my trick for getting such a crazy number is I do not do all of it in a single project and I have certain days that are far more productive than others. So, some days I will do 0 words, others I will do 3K to 4K in a single day, usually within a single 8 hour period. (Including a 2 or so hour break at around the half way point.)

(It kinda helps that I can touch-type and have a typing speed of around 50 WPM.)

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
In the last 27 days, 220k words which works out to an average of 8.15k words a day.

Mr.Grey-Cat

For me, I write about 1k+ a day, but sometimes, I simply skip.
Though some other times, I can write about 2k word a day, but I usually stay at 1K.

After all, I would prefer not writing, than risking the possibility of becoming one of those isekai protag dying from overwork.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I write on average 1,500 per chapter. I have three stories going on. I post on forums occasionally and comment. I write stuff in private such as diaries and logs. So I'm just going to ballpark it and say 5k - 6k on average a day.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
The least I write whenever I sit down is 1k. The most I have ever written is 10k a day. *I had nothing else to do that day*

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I write what my baby lets me write, which is just an occasional lewd parody for my Lewd Poems collection at the moment.

morhamza

Lol, 0. I have a 2k a week schedule and some days I bang out words on a Saturday when I am free, or I write randomly through the week the meet that 2k limit. Doesn't matter how I get there, as long as I get there.

Cossimeri

Purveyor of Yuri Adventures
after I came back from burnout I started averaging about 4k per day... but now I've given myself carpal tunnel and have to wear a heavy splint on one hand that makes typing slow and sucky. I'll be lucky if I average 1k a day now.

longer

Balls
Around 1k a day on average. If I'm feeling it, I can easily hit 3k.

The only issues are college, my video game addiction, work, responsibilities, and my sleep schedule. So practically speaking, I can't really hit my peak rate.