How would you rate Earth in terms of Worldbuilding?

I suppose a lot of Fantasy stories derive inspirations from Earth.

...but as its main source, how good you think Earth actually is, in terms of worldbuilding?

Owl

Nervous writer
I'm not sure if all the missing info in its history is plotholes or hidden worldbuilding that's not revealed yet. Either way, it allows for some pretty interesting theories (and some are complete nonsense)

TotallyHuman

Well, I think the plot is all over the place. And the arcs are so weirdly paced, like you have Ancient Greece and Rome arcs then it goes to Dark Ages arc (so suddenly too, like the author went: meh, to hell with all this development so far, imma write other stuff. Too forced) the Renaissance arc which is basically the author going "oh shit I messed up, let's go back to the original idea" etc. I'm not even talking about the Asian novel in the shared writing universe.
But the most horrible thing was when we had the Jurassic period story and the author wrote itself into a corner and coped out with a shitty plot device. That sucked.
And then all those weird directions. Like that tome the author decided that ice is totally fun to write about. I rated the ice age with 3 stars back them.
But I really felt bad about dinosaurs. And the stupid plot development of mammals of all fucking candidates replacing reptiles. So forced man, so forced.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I think it had an interesting premise alright, but sometimes the author runs out of creativity and goes like... "I need to make a joke chapter, how about reintroducing the Florida Man again?"

At this point this guy has appeared so many times that some conspiracy theories even suggest that there are multiple Florida Mans in an evil organization to try take over the world or something, it got to that level of silly.

And don't get me started on the unrealistic side characters. I can understand the excessively evil racist villains that were obviously inspired by Voldemort, but the Flat Earthers? Those are just unrealistic, this kind of side character just would never exist IRL.

So I dunno, it had a slow start, some promising moments, but the author sometimes gets into some really weird tangents... Not sure how to rate it, it's a bit of a weird mess.

Elateam

Fish and Chips Salesperson
Depending on your historical background knowledge, I would say the world-building is excellent.
Couldn't have said it better than I. Where else in the universe would there be a War to End All Wars, followed by another War that ended up being worse and that led to a moment of... relative peace? That has lasted more than 70 revolutions around the Sun? Disgusting I say! Disgusting! Sounds like the ending to Naruto Shippuden. 0/0, so bad it's undefined.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Couldn't have said it better than I. Where else in the universe would there be a War to End All Wars, followed by another War that ended up being worse and that led to a moment of... relative peace? That has lasted more than 70 revolutions around the Sun? Disgusting I say! Disgusting! Sounds like the ending to Naruto Shippuden. 0/0, so bad it's undefined.

Hehehe, exactly. The more you know, the better the world-building becomes. Especially, if you know more about what occurs behind the scenes.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
A cesspool with shit tons of plagiarism, I am pretty sure somewhere we have fuckeries done by time travellers and aliens just for the lolz.

Every player here is an NPC, there is no clear way of winning, some goals are just to keep grind currency until you can start to eat fancy in every weekends and have no worries on healthcare or just to survive till the next night, depending on where you live. The admin help desk of this world is not helpful, millions of enquiries are send out on a daily basis with no or misinterpreted replies. There is no balance play, everyone is just doing shit and most shits are pushing the playground to a wasteland.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Too many characters getting isekaied and making revolutions. Like, how did math get discovered? Some fcker just tried bring his sht from his world to the world and so on and so forth. I don't think hitler was that smart enough to treaten the world unless if it were some guy who got isekaied from the distant future and took his body that did his place. No way in hell the world invents so fast till this day until we had multiple people who got isekaied to the world.

Author gets so lazy to create kingdoms that he makes someone an idiot king to get easily get his kingdom destroyed by someone weaker than him.

and meteors and ice age? Really? Whats next? Flood the world and some dude make a ship to save lives? Luckily it wasn't canon or there are multiple BS i can take to this author's novel.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I think you're all pretty harsh. I'd like to see you write anything better lmao
Tbf, it's high to keep a consistent high quality when you have this many chapters out... Can't be helped the author ran out of ideas after a while, right?

I mean, it's not even that hard to notice. "Oh no, I dunno what to do anymore and need a new filler arc... I got it! A country in Europe will think they're too good and try dominating the entire continent... Again!" People seem to love this plot, so it was reused a few too many times... Maybe this new European Union arc will bring a breath of a fresh air to the continent though.

There were some cool moments for sure, WW1 had some pretty crazy developments that took everyone off guard, but the big bad villain of WW2 was a bit too evil for my taste... And it doesn't help that it was so soon after WW1, it felt like a rushed plot, I mean... Why else would Italy be that bad?

Overall, it has some fine writing, but there are plenty of points that could be improved upon... For it's size, I'd say the author did a pretty good job though~