Humanity as eldritch horror

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
So the premise is like this. About 400 years in the future, humanity got into a war with a race of hostile aliens hell-bent on annihilating humans and claiming Earth for themselves. The humans were able to hold on through technology and ingenuity but knew that they had neither the resources nor power to win. As humanity is pushed back to their own solar system, they devised multiple plans to ensure the survival of the human race.

One of these plans involve the creation of 'guardian forms', essentially a biomechanical suit of titanic size, capable of living in complete vacuum and punching alien ships, essentially winning the war on its own. Basically, Eva suits in space, but connected to the pilot through mind-machine interface and due to the emphasis on function, don't look human at all. In order to use the biomechanical suits, the pilots temporarily connect their minds to the suits.

These guardians have multiple abilities such as making people go insane, changing the law of physics in a localized area and eating the souls of creatures. But they all share nigh invulnerability to most mundane weapons. The guardian forms managed to win the war, but due to the experimental nature of the suits, their pilots simply forgot who they were and thought that they were the inhuman creatures they were piloting. The only caveat is that the suits are hardcoded to be unable to harm humans or through inaction, cause harm to humans.

A million years later and humanity is all but extinct and considered 'the ancients', the younger races scoured the former colonies of mankind in search of advanced human technologies. In one of the 'core world' of humanity, they accidentally awakened one of these guardian forms and fought it. They eventually managed to wound it, but the guardian let out a psychic emanation that awakened every guardian in range. Unfortunately, many of these worlds where a guardian appeared were colonized by these younger races.

So now here is what Ai-chan wants your help with:
If you were one of these pilots, what kind of eldritch horror would you become? How would you describe your appearance?

Here is an example of an eldritch horror.

TotallyHuman

Hmm, I don't see why you wouldn't just slip an AI into that shit. AI nowadays already is better than most humans at many tasks by then humans will just be redundant.
But for the sake of the argument, I'd be an illogical incomprehensible non-Eucledian life form of constantly changing and shifting horror of bulbous and pulsating growths and shapeless masses of wriggly flesh.
All in the general shape of a penis so that I could flip someone off without having to say anything as sounds don't transmit in space.

Jemini

Sounds to me like Shin Sekai Yori if it was the Queyrats who were the psychics.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Honestly, for me there are way too many interesting concepts to stick to one. If I had to choose one, I might go with a very very long snake/worm-like horror with huge eyes in each armored segment of its body, plus an eyeless head with a mouth as wide as the thing is. Preferably black carapace and red eyes.

By very very long I mean long enough to wrap around planets, though not necessarily very wide.

Likes to burrow into planet/star cores and sleep there. Generally very lazy.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Hmm, I don't see why you wouldn't just slip an AI into that shit. AI nowadays already is better than most humans at many tasks by then humans will just be redundant.
But for the sake of the argument, I'd be an illogical incomprehensible non-Eucledian life form of constantly changing and shifting horror of bulbous and pulsating growths and shapeless masses of wriggly flesh.
All in the general shape of a penis so that I could flip someone off without having to say anything as sounds don't transmit in space.
I think that humans, unlike AI, have ingenuity that allows them to have a better chance a winning due to their creativity.

If was menial tasks or a set of moves that only had a distinct set of combinations I.e. chess moves than AI would probably be better.

As to answer ai-chan I would probably want to take the form of either some sort biomechanical hivemind that turns alien fauna into an extension of me.

Or giant eldritch shark monster, because it is both cool, one of the best predatory designs to ever exist, and would serve as a reminder of my homeworld as I swim around the milky way.

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
A human body with many eye all over it, call me basic but hey i like to be an opnipitain, omniscient, all seeing creatue that know all or the very least see all.

TotallyHuman

I think that humans, unlike AI, have ingenuity that allows them to have a better chance a winning due to their creativity
Except that AI's now win art and videogame competitions, they can write stories, analyze news.
An AI exists that wins dyplomacy games.
Gaming bots repeatedly have time and time again found loopholes in games that humans could not.
So human creativity is already worse than AI - what it lacks is the ability to think abstractly.
Which it will probably get soon enough.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
This reminds me I am yet to write any non-euclidean horror after writing the first chapter of [WHO].

Not that I can write anything non-euclidean...
Since I am Euclides, everything that comes off of me is Euclidean

Welp.

Let's get it started.

My vision pulsated, zooming in and out. I opened my eyes but my entire vision was painted black. I could, though, discern a hot blob. What was it? As I got used to the nauseating motion of my vision, the contour of the blob became clearer. It was the ship I had been attacked by. No, not the ship. It was a heat signature, reflected by its metallic outside. And the signature moved, black and forth, like a gigantic maggot that inched through its prey as it hatched.

I looked down, and raised my arms.
Instead of them, two plump cylindrical appendages moved forwards from under my view. And as my eyes zoomed, my forearms kaleidoscoped from within.

A hot retching liquid etched itself on the back of my throat with the strength of a truck, and I looked upwards to fight the urge, but I could not.

My eyes rolled backwards into my skull as the liquid propelled itself, and my throat prolapsed outwards, towering like a cannon. The heat was not gone, and my eyes finally looked ahead again, as I saw whatever body part came out of my mouth roll back into itself and get swallowed into my mouth. It had not done it, I had no idea what I was even doing... Then I looked down as I felt something rip through my arms. My forearm had extended from within my arm, and now something was ripping its way through it. The greenish yellow of the claws emerging from inside my forearms made my stomach churn and my mind blank from the pain.

A wave of sound hit me. How come? I forego my deepest fear and looked forward to see a sphere of gas expand past me. That was the wave of sound, as it dispersed into the eternal nothingness. A half missing ship awaited me, as my sight zoomed again to show me the signatures of beings, blasted out of the destroyed ship into space, then hit large hot sphere of something, and disappear.

Then reality hit. That was the thing that flew out from my insides. That liquid, that was now dissolving whatever was left, after it breached the vacuum-proof vessel they called a ship, launching its gaseous content into a blast, releasing the things inside it into space, dead.

What had I become?

... God, I fell empty inside. Is there anything there to eat?

Last edited:

DiscoDream

Severe autist
Right, so this is character creatoon. My OC would be...

A giant starfish, with tentacles several dozen times the normal proportions. The 'outer' skin could be some type of plates alloy to keep them from being easily severed. No beak, but instead, countless smaller tentacles lining the 'inner' area. Each capable of independant movement, and controllable by the main mind.

My goal would be to *grab* things and tear them apart. I'd anchor myself to planetoids and lash out at anything that got too close. Hurls smaller debris as ranged weapons. Several thousand tons of highly efficient muscle can probably put a hole in ship armor.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I roll for seduction, luring the aliens inside and offering them unimaginable pleasure before digesting them. Here are some AI-generated art concepts of what I could look like, though the form depends on what the aliens find most attractive:

Kigol

Shit, Id probably be a floating eye ball with a shit ton of pupils with unique designs/whatever company contributed to its development. Each being able to change into a blade, spike or shoot.

ZHHAAAAANNNG

A cry echoed across the galaxy awakening guardians that were once dormant. On the planet Jouska, a giant water planet once owned by humans but now home to a race called the Staclad, The Great Orb was once again reactivated!

RRRRRRRRRR

The once black obsidian like floating orb lit up an opaque white outlined thousands of pupils of extravagant colors.

*System Rebooting*
*Pilot file corrupted*
*Mental state sub optimum*
*Running task 'fuck it we ball'*
*Welcome back [REDACTED]*

The 'eye' floated up breacking the four spires that were connected to it to study. Screams where heard from the people below. Confusing and fear from this ancient odd language the once inanimate object now claimed.

*Searching for humans*

A green red eye with the inscription "Mountain Dew" grew wider scaning through the metel city above the water, through the gold water, and through the cosmos.

*Search failed*
*All Deceased*

ZAP! BIFF!

A silver lazer fired at the floating ball only hitting a shield.

*Hostiles in the area. Calculating options*
*Planet hospitable to human genealogy, destoy with little damage to planet*

The eyes zoomed into where the many blasts are coming from.

PLING! ... BOOOM!

Small almost microscopic rays of lite fired from several eyes bombing many of the Staclad military facilities and cities.

*Subjugation complete*
*Objective: find humans:
*Moving to next quadrant*

The eye disappear into thin air like it was never there, leaving the few remaining residents of the gold water planet praying to whatever god they believe in.

ACertainPassingUser

So basically what human is perceived as for Animal and Plants.

No need to write eldritch horror, just write story about human civilization from perspective of animal that not only get hunted, they also forcefully expelled from his homeland and tortured for experiment in grade school.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
The body shape of a human, but with multiple arms and no head. Two more pairs of elongated arms on my side, three on my back. No head, not even a neck.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
A corona of light.

A halo that deletes whatever passes through the ring (or transports it to another dimension)

Can grow to sizes big enough to consume celestial bodies.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
What do you mean... become?

As a cloud of spite and eyes, eyes that are both sensory organ and maw, I would suggest simplicity and adaptability

Also, I would VonNeumann. Going out into the void to make copies of myself, each self sent to a new star to make copies if itself until every star had a cloud of eyes, lurking I the void of the ort cloud.

I would then wait for civilizations to arise, listen for the flick of radio broadcasts, then come introduce myself as the abyss that slumbers.

Never get on humanity's badside. I'll be watching..

Then duplicate my self about 4 times, so there are back up copies and watch.

Because it would be funny.
I think the fun part of such a story, and if you want help, I'm in, is that you should have different types of machines that all go crazy different ways.

The Abyss That Slumbers, could be as I suggested, a long term VonNeumann solution, but he just watches and maintains Quantum comm links with himself, so he is a giant, omnipresent force, but he never interveins. He has forgotten why he has made himself so multiplexed.

The machine that remembers being human so it finds this horrible. The machine that only knows how to kill. The ai that was designed to interrogate so it absorbs the minds of intelligent creatures, but it's eaten so many its just a blob of minds and utterly insane.

One hero machine trying to protect innocent civilizations, but a cosmos filled with batshit insane nutty humans in giant bioforms.

Yeah... that'd be fun.

Last edited: