I can predict whether your story will become popular or not

Hathnuz

Feel free to review whichever you want of the two that are in my signature. The first is a kind of standard fantasy and I wouldn't say it's anything unique but I don't think it's full of cliches.
The second is a more carefree story about a girl who gains the ability to create anything. It kind of has a loose plotline but it's mostly going to be written as a collection of short stories revolving around the main character's new power. I guess it's a slice of life? Idk what tags are really appropriate since I'm just writing whatever I want to for it.
Guess I'll just review both.
Journey to Become a Great Spirit: As you said, it's a very standard fantasy story. I honestly don't know what to write about it. Everything's fine, I think? My only critique for you is that you should try to use less I's in your writing. 150-300 readers by Chapter 30.

I Woke up One Day as a God: The premise is somehow plain despite having God protagonist. Again, I can't find anything that stands out other than the slight overuse of I's. Well, I like how you describe things, very simple and easy to understand. 100-300 readers by Chapter 30.
The title is too vague. The font choice of the cover's title is questionable; it gives off the impression of the book being horror or slasher genre which is bad for readership even though if it's thematically correct. The premise is pretty basic, but I'm not sure if pairing SoL and Tragedy is a good idea though not impossible to pull it off. The synopsis is alright. GL tag will bring you readers but not many without GB or Smut. Decent prose and grammar.

100-300 readers by Chapter 30.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Guess I'll just review both.
Journey to Become a Great Spirit: As you said, it's a very standard fantasy story. I honestly don't know what to write about it. Everything's fine, I think? My only critique for you is that you should try to use less I's in your writing. 150-300 readers by Chapter 30.

I Woke up One Day as a God: The premise is somehow plain despite having God protagonist. Again, I can't find anything that stands out other than the slight overuse of I's. Well, I like how you describe things, very simple and easy to understand. 100-300 readers by Chapter 30.

The title is too vague. The font choice of the cover's title is questionable; it gives off the impression of the book being horror or slasher genre which is bad for readership even though if it's thematically correct. The premise is pretty basic, but I'm not sure if pairing SoL and Tragedy is a good idea though not impossible to pull it off. The synopsis is alright. GL tag will bring you readers but not many without GB or Smut. Decent prose and grammar.

100-300 readers by Chapter 30.

Heh. Thank you based gambler

*ding* *ding*

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Please click my banner below, as in my signature. It's an isekai story, It's a fantasy story in a medieval setting with an imbalanced level of technology. Instead of magic as its staple, we have mutants instead. The prologue is philosophical, while Chapter 19 is a headbanger, as in my best chapter. I am not asking for you to read until chapter 19. I am just saying you can check it out if my title hooks you.

PS. My title is misleading, but that's the essence of the MC, Meanest Mob. The transmigrator is the author himself, and the world he transmigrated to, is his own unpublished novel called Mutagenic Medieval. So it kinda has a second title.

Last edited:

TheDark0ne

Can you check out mine but it only has 2 chp.
I am not good with tags so could you just tell me how it is.
I already got suggestions from Mr. Hans, and Mr. Trinary like ( I dont capitalise words that should be and I do so for wrong words, and we dont know much about the Mc so it doesn't make him likeable and there are more.) The link is in by signature.

But I am working on it but my exams are just around the corner so i (←_←see this?) can't fix it right now but ofcourse I'll do it after my exams.
So can you please check if it has more that needs improvements.

killwrites

Need motivation
I'll be grateful if you can please enlighten me on the future success(?) of my new story :blob_cookie:

Hathnuz

Please click my banner below, as in my signature. It's an isekai story, It's a fantasy story in a medieval setting with an imbalanced level of technology. Instead of magic as its staple, we have mutants instead. The prologue is philosophical, while Chapter 19 is a headbanger, as in my best chapter. I am not asking for you to read until chapter 19. I am just saying you can check it out if my title hooks you.

PS. My title is misleading, but that's the essence of the MC, Meanest Mob. The transmigrator is the author himself, and the world he transmigrated to, is his own unpublished novel called Mutagenic Medieval. So it kinda has a second title.
It's a flawed but otherwise fun story. Although I like the 4th wall breaks, I find the interview section annoying since it's basically an infodump. The title and cover could be better.

I've read Chapter 19; it's pretty good. The prose is much better compared to the first chapter (not saying it's bad) and I love how you add tension so suddenly -- though, it could've been done earlier.

Less than 100 readers by Chapter 30.
Can you check out mine but it only has 2 chp.
I am not good with tags so could you just tell me how it is.
I already got suggestions from Mr. Hans, and Mr. Trinary like ( I dont capitalise words that should be and I do so for wrong words, and we dont know much about the Mc so it doesn't make him likeable and there are more.) The link is in by signature.

But I am working on it but my exams are just around the corner so i (←_←see this?) can't fix it right now but ofcourse I'll do it after my exams.
So can you please check if it has more that needs improvements.
The story's not bad, per se, just pretty basic. About the tags, I don't know enough about your story, so it's fine. If you really want to attract readers with tags, you can put some popular tags like 'Girls Love Subplot' and claim that they'll appear in the future. The title is too plain. You may need to change the cover sooner or later to avoid legal copyright.

Anyway, need more descriptions of stuff and people. They don't have to be long or flowery, even a sentence is enough.

Less than 100 readers by Chapter 30 -- if nothing's changed.
I'll be grateful if you can please enlighten me on the future success(?) of my new story :blob_cookie:

@killwrites (in case you didn't see my edit)

Cool premise right off the bat. The title is on point and definitely going to attract people. The first chapter is impactful and certainly will keep readers hooked. Overall, a promising story despite lacking popular tags. Speaking of tags, I'm not sure placing 'short story' tag is a good idea even if you do intend to make the story short, but that's up to you.

200-600 readers by Chapter 30.

Last edited:

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Sorry all people here won’t be famous, because I’ll be taking those spots *flips sunglasses down*

Hathnuz

After several discarded stories, I published the first one that I really liked, although I haven't been able to write much because of my studies, so it still doesn't go beyond what I consider the prologue.

The tyranny of the dragon girl | Scribble Hub
Reincarnated as monster is one of most trending tropes ever, but the premise is a bit too plain for ScribbleHub since reborn as dragon isn't new anymore. Everything else is fine, though.

200-500 readers by Chapter 30

Enchant

Give me your story's link and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want) and/or getting into trending. However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can visit TheTrinary's or Zirrboy's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that. Lastly, I only give predictions up to 30 chapters.

By the way, feel free to check my novel :blob_reach::
Just leaving it here https://www.scribblehub.com/series/...protect-what-i-was-unable-to-do-as-a-brother/

Nhatduongg

Yuyuko Saigyouji, The Dreaming Ghost
I'm not writing lately but I would want some of your vision.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
Welcome back Hathnuz. This was a fun thread to check in on from time to time. I'm curious if anyone's made a companion thread to see the effects of his predictions? It's certainly old enough for one! (Also because trends are always shifting and what might be unpopular now might've been popular in the past, etc.)

Hathnuz

Sorry for the delay again. This time, I caught a fever, so I couldn't review anything.
Could you please make a prediction on my story below? It only has the Prologue and first chapter published so far. It's about a necromancer from another world that was transmigrated to a version of Earth that is currently experiencing a zombie apocalypse.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/445765/necromancer-kaius/
The premise is decent but not amazing. The first chapter could be better without the exposition prologue. I know you wanted to show some context, but I'd prefer it after you introduce the mc... or make it into separate chapter.

Less than 150 readers by Chapter 30.
For a story about overprotective brother, there's no incest tag surprisingly -- kind of unusual, but whatever. Although the premise is slightly unique, it still has a long way to go. I have nothing to say for the first chapter except good enough.

100-300 readers by Chapter 30
At first glance, I wasn't sure what the stories about since you just wrote a lore as the synopsis. Also, writing anthologies isn't a good idea to gain readers. Judging from Kitty Kitty's synopsis (the only story you post so far), the premise is unique but seems to be... not fit very well for SH audience. Well-written first chapter, that's all I can say.

Less than 100 readers by Chapter 30
I'm not writing lately but I would want some of your vision.

Thank you, have a nice day.
The story differs from the usual isekai litrpg with a hoarder mc, but still not enough to become popular. Other than that, pretty nice read and I've got no complaints.

100-200 readers by Chapter 30
For an isekai story, I honestly have no idea why do you only have few readers. Then again, there are some issues with it. The synopsis is confusing -- I had to read it thrice to understand it better. The title is very bland. The first chapter is alright, actually. Nevertheless, your story should have at least 10-30 readers with the isekai tag alone. I guess it's not that interesting anymore.

Less than 100 readers by Chapter 30.
Welcome back Hathnuz. This was a fun thread to check in on from time to time. I'm curious if anyone's made a companion thread to see the effects of his predictions? It's certainly old enough for one! (Also because trends are always shifting and what might be unpopular now might've been popular in the past, etc.)
AinsleyMarrow actually made a sort of companion thread but I don't think they keep it updated. If someone else is willing to continue it, I'll be more than grateful.
alright then. mystery/horror story. just the prologue and the first chapter so far

do your thing magic man
Despite the story being somewhat interesting, horror and mystery don't sell well at all here. I hope you keep writing and are not bothered with numbers.

Less than 100 readers by Chapter 30

Last edited: