I can predict whether your story will become popular or not

Hathnuz

Are powerless that common? I don't think I've read a single one.
Most common ones are from superhero genre i.e., Batman, Ironman, Punisher, Black Panther, etc. They're technically powerless amid people with abilities. For more of weak and normal characters, you can read more examples here.

Not common in scribblehub, though, because the readers here prefer op protagonist than having none at all.

Last edited:

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Most common ones are from superhero genre i.e., Batman, Ironman, Punisher, Black Panther, etc. They're technically powerless amid people with abilities. For more of weak and normal characters, you can read more examples here.
Mmm kinda. At the end of the day, someone like Ironman or Batman is fantastical. A lot of it has to do with framing, but the reader knows that being Batman or Ironman is impossible. Same for Black Panther.

Punisher is a better example, at least in the comics. But even then, I'm not sure how often he acts inside a fantastical setting.

MoodyFoxCat

Your premise isn't interesting nor unique, unfortunately. It doesn't have any twist and the world-building is very vague. I think you should spoil one of early surprises in your synopsis, but that's just my opinion. Same as my reply above, you'll get less than 100 readers at chapter 30 with very low chance of becoming popular
Thank you, apologies for the late response. Such info is what I expected but don't fret, I just like to see how someone reads it this way. Spoiling early surprise though... Maybe I might do that should I actually be done with the story first. I can see that reader count be slow as well but also something I don't really worry about since I take my time with writing it all out to begin with.

My gratitude, once again.

megu3

From just reading this idea, Ai-chan doesn't think it will work out well. But just because Ai-chan says so doesn't mean it won't work at all. Ai-chan has no idea how your writing skills are and maybe you can make it work. Ai-chan won't be able to make it work.

Some flaws:
1. Chuunibyou
The problem with chuunibyou is that its existence instantly makes the chapter cringy. Now, just because it's cringy, doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. If you can make it the non-bad cringe, such as making a comedy, it could work. For example, in To Be The Power In The Shadows, the protagonist is an extreme chuunibyou and a massive cringe. What makes it work is that his aim creates a gap in his personality, one of the typical average mob character while the other is the super powerful anti-hero character, and as an anti-hero, his cringe is funny.
There's a little problem here. It could be said that I'm addicted to chuunibyou and I want to put it everywhere. I mean, it's not that bad, but I just want one of the main characters in that novel to be a chuunibyou. I don't think it's a horrible idea either way, she's not even the protagonist. I have not read the novel you mentioned, so I'm not sure I get the reference, but I don't understand why people think chuunibyou is cringe in general. Take Rikka for example, probably the most popular chuunibyou character out there. For me, she's pure cuteness. Sure, she would be cringy if she were real, but she's only an anime character. That said, I understand why a slice of life/romance novel would try to be realistic, but this novel with supernatural powers isn't really aiming to be the most realistic thing ever.

But... the truth is that chuunibyou is considered cringe in general, and I can't help it. I often see people describing even Rikka as such, so I have to assume that it's going to be cringe no matter how cute it is for me. I haven't specified it yet, but she's going to be the silent type of character, as opposed to Rikka or Megumin. When she wears that suit, she talks big and such, and it actually makes her quite powerful so there's nothing chuunibyou in it. The thing is that after it's destroyed, it is revealed that she's actually a little girl that has great ambitions, but an incredibly weak psyche. She was most likely scarred in the past and it caused her to hate the entire world, want to destroy it. One day, she received the power to do that and it made her come up with that antichrist thing. It's supposed to hit a soft spot, but I'm worried that it won't work on most people.
2. Big titties
While big titties is not a big deal, you specifically mentioned big titties and flat chest, so Ai-chan guesses you will just do the same thing every other people has been doing. Which is to massively dump big titties vs flat chest comedy moments and interactions, which is overused. Sure, you can still make it work, but if you only do what everyone else already did to death, your readers will most likely be bored. Like, how many times can you say "You smell of cow milk" or "Flat is justice"?
No, no, no. I absolutely hate this type of jokes and I would never use them in my own novel. The titties are... just for being there, I guess. Personally, I'm not a fan of titties, so I wouldn't mind making all characters flat or just not mentioning chest sizes at all... but that would be kinda empty. I'm not even sure why I mentioned it, it's not like it's important or anything.

At first, I thought that this idea had some chances of becoming a success since it mixed originality with some popular tropes, but I may have been wrong. I never actually know until I publish it, so I might try this idea out soon either way. Even if it doesn't make it to trending, I'm satisfied as long as there is anyone reading it out there. I don't like all the isekai or smut stuff that's popular here, and I don't want to write something I don't like, so I tried to come up with something that may entertain the public and satisfy me.
The thing I'm writing right now, even though I think it's pretty much trash, there are some people reading that. Moreover, it's a slice of life story, so something totally niche on this platform. Yet someone reads that, even though it's my first novel ever. So I would be surprised if that idea totally flopped. Thanks Ai-chan for your opinion.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Hello, I want to know if my stories are good or not because I've started writing last month. Not aiming to be popular or anything though.

Here's the link for the book:

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
How about my Lewd Poems collection?

Nymus

Sounds very intruiging. Would you jugde mine, oh predicter of the stories?
A Gaijin In Another World

General setup is as a book with 3 volumes, not a webnovel. It will become darker over time.

Tags:
Abusive Characters Antihero Protagonist Artifact Crafting BDSM Bisexual Protagonist Boss-Subordinate Relationship Brainwashing Cunning Protagonist Demi-Humans Depictions of Cruelty Dwarfs Elves Engineer Evil Protagonist Female Protagonist Gods Gore Sexual Abuse Slave Harem Slaves Transported into Another World Villainess Noble Girls

Ok - the bisexual protagonist is maybe not a main theme in the story ^^

EternalSunset0

There's a little problem here. It could be said that I'm addicted to chuunibyou and I want to put it everywhere. I mean, it's not that bad, but I just want one of the main characters in that novel to be a chuunibyou. I don't think it's a horrible idea either way, she's not even the protagonist. I have not read the novel you mentioned, so I'm not sure I get the reference, but I don't understand why people think chuunibyou is cringe in general. Take Rikka for example, probably the most popular chuunibyou character out there. For me, she's pure cuteness. Sure, she would be cringy if she were real, but she's only an anime character. That said, I understand why a slice of life/romance novel would try to be realistic, but this novel with supernatural powers isn't really aiming to be the most realistic thing ever.

But... the truth is that chuunibyou is considered cringe in general, and I can't help it. I often see people describing even Rikka as such, so I have to assume that it's going to be cringe no matter how cute it is for me. I haven't specified it yet, but she's going to be the silent type of character, as opposed to Rikka or Megumin. When she wears that suit, she talks big and such, and it actually makes her quite powerful so there's nothing chuunibyou in it. The thing is that after it's destroyed, it is revealed that she's actually a little girl that has great ambitions, but an incredibly weak psyche. She was most likely scarred in the past and it caused her to hate the entire world, want to destroy it. One day, she received the power to do that and it made her come up with that antichrist thing. It's supposed to hit a soft spot, but I'm worried that it won't work on most people.
I feel that the conversation thread has been resolved already, but I guess I'll drop by for some support, too. Just dropping by to encourage you to push for it if you really like chuunibyou characters. Don't let "cringe" comments stop you if that's what you truly enjoy because at the end of the day, the biggest fan of your work will be you. It may be for others, but if you enjoy it, who cares, really? And while the chuuni is not my favorite archetype, I find it a funny and cute character in general. Must be the Bang Dream or Love Live experience.

Of course, if you're writing for the numbers, I'm very unqualified to give you advice, but seeing someone express their own interests so earnestly on the forums and wanting to write about it gave me the urge to chime in a bit and give some possible(?) encouragement.

Hathnuz

Hello, I am the author of the novel An unknown world. I am kind of interested in your service for the other authors here, so I would like to send you the link to my novel.

Here is the link:
Switching between alternate world and reality a.k.a traditional portal fantasy is an outdated trope, unfortunately. The premise is too basic, even with a psychic main character since it's not fresh enough. In addition, the story's half of first chapter is basically a summary of mc's personality and power -- which will bore readers immediately. There are other problems beside that; but if you want to know more, you can visit this thread and ask for feedback. Overall, you'll get less than 100 readers at chapter 30 with very low chance of becoming popular.
Hello, I want to know if my stories are good or not because I've started writing last month. Not aiming to be popular or anything though.

Here's the link for the book:
At first, I thought this is a run-of-the-mill school life story... until I read the slavic names and cozonac bread. The story's setting piqued my interest. Other than that, not so much. The biggest issue is the lack of character introductions within your story (character profiles don't count), so it's hard for me to get attached to them.

The premise is actually fresh despite the overblown genre, but regrettably you didn't capitalize on its uniqueness. To illustrate my point, your story is like a ramen that was made by a slav, except the cook opt for the usual recipe and only put very little his cultural touch. It will turn out plain instead of being one-of-the-kind. Your story is a wasted potential imo.

Since you asked for quality check, not for popularity prediction, I'll give you one. I'd say the writing is mediocre. The plot and characters aren't interesting to me. I've read worse, though, so there's that.
Sounds very intruiging. Would you jugde mine, oh predicter of the stories?
A Gaijin In Another World

General setup is as a book with 3 volumes, not a webnovel. It will become darker over time.

Tags:
Abusive Characters Antihero Protagonist Artifact Crafting BDSM Bisexual Protagonist Boss-Subordinate Relationship Brainwashing Cunning Protagonist Demi-Humans Depictions of Cruelty Dwarfs Elves Engineer Evil Protagonist Female Protagonist Gods Gore Sexual Abuse Slave Harem Slaves Transported into Another World Villainess Noble Girls

Ok - the bisexual protagonist is maybe not a main theme in the story ^^
Hey, I've seen this one on trending. I think you may be a little too late for my prediction lol.

I don't have much to say, really. Good spin on the usual premise plus ever-popular Smut and Girls Love tags... yeah it should be more popular if your grammar was better or maybe it wasn't unique enough for scribblehub audience. I doubt I should give my prediction for this one.
How about my Lewd Poems collection?
Sorry, but I don't give feedback on poems. I just can't differentiate between good or bad ones since I very rarely read them.

Last edited:

Tim.B.Suana

Switching between alternate world and reality a.k.a traditional portal fantasy is an outdated trope, unfortunately.
I'm quite surprised that it is an outdated trope, well I guess I could understand what you mean by that. But if you were to say through ‘portals’, it would only be used in a few events of the novel. For other events, he would either suddenly appear in the alternate world or being summoned there for a reason. You will later (maybe) understand it in Chapter 14.
The premise is too basic, even with a psychic main character since it's not fresh enough.
I know right? But I can't change it or else, the story will end up pretty short.
In addition, the story's half of first chapter is basically a summary of mc's personality and power -- which will bore readers immediately.
I know that, I have experienced that myself as a reader. But if I were to see from another perspective as an author, it proves to be beneficial for me because it serves as a place for reference so that I will not go off track from the original idea. To be honest, I actually have ever tried to spread it across the entire story. But, in the end, it turned out to be a mess because it doesn't link with each other at all. So I had to change it to that kind of format. As an author, I would like apologize to the readers (and hope that you all can bear it with me as a part of the readers). But it still depends on the readers taste, I guess. As a reader, I'm actually still surprised that there are some people who liked it, but I am still grateful for that. I have no comments for that.
There are other problems beside that; but if you want to know more, you can visit this thread and ask for feedback.
I appreciate your valuable review and thanks for sending the thread. I will ask for more feedback there.
Overall, you'll get less than 100 readers at chapter 30 with very low chance of becoming popular.
Haha, my main reason was to just ask for a review since I rarely get any review from readers at different webnovel apps. For your information, this is one of the 7 places where I have uploaded my story. Well, I'm not really discouraged by that because I never thought of making a popular novel and I am also not placing any bet on it at all. I'm just letting it ride through the times and will see how it will be.
For your information, this is one of the 7 places where I have uploaded my story.
Here is a list of webnovel apps where you can find my novel and how many chapters are there in each of it:
1. Webnovel (21 chapters)
2. Wattpad (19 chapters)
3. MoonQuill (10 chapters)
4. Royal Road (10 chapters)
5. Inkitt (4 chapters)
6. Tapas (4 chapters)
7. This website (Scribble Hub) (4 chapters)

Note:
If you are an impatient reader and would want to read it all, you can check it out at the webnovel sites. But if you are a patient reader, you will just have to wait for three days.

Note:
Let me give an example of what I mean by that. For example, if I were to post it today (May 13th), the day a chapter is posted will be 'ignored' from the calculation. Hence, the next chapter will be released on May 16th. The other chapters on all the other webnovel sites will follow the same sequence, except for Webnovel and Wattpad.

Last edited:

shubh

Give me your story's premise, tags, and first chapter's link and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want). However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can check TheTrinary's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that.

KileX00

Give me your story's premise, tags, and first chapter's link and I will give you my feedback and prediction per title above. By popular, I mean reaching 800+ readers on this site (or other places too, if you want). However, don't expect any very detailed opinion because I'm not really much of a critic -- you can check TheTrinary's thread for that. Works best if you haven't written many words or posted on anywhere yet.

Note: Not guaranteed 100% accurate prediction (I'm not a psychic lol). My feedback is derived from my observation and experience as an author for around six years. Also, just because the story have the right genres and tags, doesn't mean it'll become a hit. There are more nuances than that.
Hello there, I'm not sure if you're still up for it but here's a little work of mine - link
While I'm not expecting anything special out of it, I'd like to see what someone else thinks of the novel as this work is the result of many, many, many martial arts novels I've read in the last 4 years. I'm not entirely sure about tags and they also don't represent what the novel will entail, the only ones sticking there are those I've came up with when publishing it.
The reason for that is because even I don't know what direction this novel will take off into as I'm writing it both for myself and for others who find it interesting, so I'm more of a 'go with the flow' type of writer.

Thanks for the time! Wish you all the best.

TunTun

Hello there, I'm not sure if you're still up for it but here's a little work of mine - link
While I'm not expecting anything special out of it, I'd like to see what someone else thinks of the novel as this work is the result of many, many, many martial arts novels I've read in the last 4 years. I'm not entirely sure about tags and they also don't represent what the novel will entail, the only ones sticking there are those I've came up with when publishing it.
The reason for that is because even I don't know what direction this novel will take off into as I'm writing it both for myself and for others who find it interesting, so I'm more of a 'go with the flow' type of writer.

I sincerely believe that your novel will do well. But never post more than 2 chapters per day!

KileX00

I sincerely believe that your novel will do well. But never post more than 2 chapters per day!
Ah, about that, I already had all those chapters written on webnovel thats why i did a mass copy-paste on here, there's no way i can even write and edit more than 2 chaps a day in any other case.

Thanks for the feedback tho!

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
At first, I thought this is a run-of-the-mill school life story... until I read the slavic names and cozonac bread. The story's setting piqued my interest. Other than that, not so much. The biggest issue is the lack of character introductions within your story (character profiles don't count), so it's hard for me to get attached to them.

The premise is actually fresh despite the overblown genre, but regrettably you didn't capitalize on its uniqueness. To illustrate my point, your story is like a ramen that was made by a slav, except the cook opt for the usual recipe and only put very little his cultural touch. It will turn out plain instead of being one-of-the-kind. Your story is a wasted potential imo.

Since you asked for quality check, not for popularity prediction, I'll give you one. I'd say the writing is mediocre. The plot and characters aren't interesting to me. I've read worse, though, so there's that.
Yup, I agree with you that some of the characters just popped outta nowhere and due to the lack of introductions, the reader will be confused. You have a given me an idea on how to progress for the novel, I think i'll create a few chapter that introduces them properly. But, I was thinking about writing character profiles for each of them.

I do think that the novel is mediocre in general as that's what I felt when I started to write it down too.

I see that my story setting has piqued your interest. It is a one-of-a-kind story tho. Just not done properly.

Hathnuz

While it's easy to understand what's your story about, I find it not really appealing. There's nothing special about a pacifist protagonist, though it could work as a comedy. But then again, I doubt it will catch readers with just that. You'll get around 100 readers in 30 chapters with very low chance of getting popular.

Also, you should fix the typo in your title otherwise it's going to hurt your story in the long run.

The premise is okayish -- not too generic but not particulary great either. Mc taking care of sister-like character isn't groundbreaking or anything. Op protagonist is also very standard in cultivation genre. There are no annoying cliches like arrogant young master which would be nice if not for the lack of conflicts in your story... at least for now. I guess that's just my pet peeve lol.

Overall, you'll get 100-250 readers by chapter 30 with low chance of getting popular.

Arroww

Hello! I posted my first story and I'll appreciate it if you could give me some feedback! Thank you!

Aushin

Posted my first story today, just want your opinion(feedback). No need to predict.

Napelynn

Posted my first story today, just want your opinion(feedback). No need to predict.

The entire point of this thread is to predict… go to the trinary’s thread if you want feedback.