If your novel was selected to become an anime, what song would you use as an opening/ending?

Mysticant

Resident Ant
OP:

Reol - THE SIXTH SENSE​

This anime AMV is awesome btw, the maker is good. I would love my anime just to be like this introduction on down beats and action on upbeats.

ED:

Project 46 - Forgettable (feat. Olivia)​

Again the AMV version by same AMV maker.

Season 2 Opening/Arc Ending (when I haven't even written season 1 yet :sweating_profusely:):

Gintama -『SPYAIR - Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)』​

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Hopefully something original. But I suppose, the Nightcore version of Tir Na Nog? Cause I sure as heck seem to have a thing for faeries.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Otherwise, i guess tales of xillia op 1 and 2 for some good old generation anime opening.
Xillia 1-Progress:

Xillia 2-Song 4 U:

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
OP:

Reol - THE SIXTH SENSE​

This anime AMV is awesome btw, the maker is good. I would love my anime just to be like this introduction on down beats and action on upbeats.

ED:

Project 46 - Forgettable (feat. Olivia)​

Again the AMV version by same AMV maker.

Season 2 Opening/Arc Ending (when I haven't even written season 1 yet :sweating_profusely:):

Gintama -『SPYAIR - Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)』​

Ai-chan always loved Reol, she has a nice voice that keeps Ai-chan awake. While Ai-chan doesn't like some of her songs, this song is Ai-chan's favourite.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Ai-chan always loved Reol, she has a nice voice that keeps Ai-chan awake. While Ai-chan doesn't like some of her songs, this song is Ai-chan's favourite.
This ant agrees. Her voice feels sort of unique and has a different feel from the other mainstream JP singers that ant listens to. It is just like aimer, some of her songs are great others are just to be honest overrated. It fits certain beats, others it is a mismatch.

Jemini

Technically speaking, I don't really think the manga ka/novelist has much control over the OP and ED songs. The way the anime industry works is that they actually contract with the agencies of popular music artists to get a portion of the funding for their anime. In other words, the OP and ED are actually considered advertising slots for the singer.

This is the reason why anime openings are SOOOO much longer than western animations, and are almost always songs by actual music artists.

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Technically speaking, I don't really think the manga ka/novelist has much control over the OP and ED songs. The way the anime industry works is that they actually contract with the agencies of popular music artists to get a portion of the funding for their anime. In other words, the OP and ED are actually considered advertising slots for the singer.

This is the reason why anime openings are SOOOO much longer than western animations, and are almost always songs by actual music artists.
That's why this is a what if scenario.

Biggest-Kusa-Out-There

Futanari Enjoyer
The Mc of my story is Russian, so of course:

First arc

Opening: Snakes in Tracksuits.
Gopnik McBlyat - Snakes in Tracksuits - YouTube

She'd have a bottle of homemade Kvass in her right hand while dancing. Her partners would be awkwardly trying to imitate her dancing hardstyle, and it would be hilarious.

Ending: Elmo's gonna dance for the Motherland.
Элмо танцует за свою страну полная песня хардбас - YouTube

Now her partners would have learned the moves, and they'd also have alcohol on hand along with sunglasses while wearing adidas tracksuits and nike sneakers.

Second Arc

Opening: Pen pineapple apple pen, Cyka Blyat Idi Nahui version.
CBID - CYKA BLYAT IDI NAHUI - YouTube

The Mc would be doing the skit, and she'd be a little drunk.

Ending: Katyusha (Hardbass remix)
[HARDBASS] Katyusha (Cosmowave Remix) [WITH LYRICS] - YouTube

Now everybody would be dancing inside a dungeon while piss drunk and having a good time.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes

I have a different idea for OP and EP for this series.

There will be no songs.

Instead, the opening will be a close-up shot of an ashtray. In the first episode, you'd see an unlighted cigarette sitting on the tray before being taken up by an unseen hand. The scene lingers on the ashtray, never moving away. You'd hear the familiar click of a lighter sound off and see a faint glow appear on the corner of the screen. The title card would fade in on the middle, followed by the opening credits. All the while, you just keep seeing trails of smoke coming off from the corner, along with more faint glows as light puffs were taken from the cigarette. The opening continues like this for around 10-15 seconds and just ends with the last of the credits before continuing with the episode.

The ending will be the exact same shot, just in the opposite. The ashtray is still there, and the faint glow and light smoke trails on the corner persists. You'd see the credits roll in in a similar vein as the opening, with the fade-in fade-out texts. When the credits are done rolling, the cigarette returns to the ashtray, still burning on one end as it is set back on its original place as shown on the opening, only that it's a tad bit shorter after being smoked for a while.

Subsequent openings will be a literal continuation of the ones from the last episodes. Episode two's opening picks up from episode one's opening where the cigarette will be picked up and smoked, only that there's no lighter click to accompany it with. No music with fade-in fade-out title card/credit as always. Episode two's ending ends exactly the same with the cigarette being shorter this time. Episode three's ending then follows from episode two's ending, ob-la-di, ob-la-da.

The cigarette finishes whenever one arc is concluded. The ending would show the cigarette, down to its butt, being smothered and left in the ashtray. Right before the ending ends, however, and a new stick of cigarette is introduced, and it'll be placed exactly where the last stick was placed in episode one. A new arc is introduced, the cycle continues.

As the series progresses, the cigarette butts keep piling up, the ashtray getting more crowded and dirtier as the episodes roll out.

There is no variation, nor any special versions. There's only smoking, and more butts getting pressed onto dark, miniature ashy hills.

OP will be this song ^ played on an INCREDIBLY SCRATCHY and near broken record. It won't be a clear song, but rather a distant piece of music crying in the background over the ambience of a dry desert. The visuals would just be shots of dilapidated, abandoned buildings and desert horizons and toxic skies with the credits interjected in creative positions (creative used very liberally here). The title-card reveal will just be the title etched onto the blade of a huge dagger, and that dagger would be stuck in many places. It'll be stuck on a dead corpse in one opening, or laying rust-covered on a tarp in another, with all of them the blade exposed enough for the audience to make sense of the words etched onto it. The song ends being completely out of tune, destroyed, or the cassette tape fucking itself up.

EP will be this song ^ played on the same quality as the OP. The visuals would be the exact same as before, only with a night sky, and without the dagger. The whole thing just ends when there are no more credits to be shown. Song ends the same way the OP would; in destruction.

I will admit I should spend more time actually writing than thinking of shit like this.
This guy knows what's up. That progressive cigarette idea would be pretty cool. Maybe mostly black and white but with a vibrant orange and red for the fire and embers?

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
I have terrible writing abilities, but if there were an anime for any one of my imaginary stories, the OP or ED would have to be Destroy the Obvious by Evans Blue just cause it's one of my favorite songs ever. And maybe Kai Tangata by Alien Weaponry for brutal combat scenes.

EternalSunset0

First 12 episodes (somewhere around the end of volume 2)

Next 12 episodes (somewhere until the end of volume 4)

Haven't thought of EDs or the next OPs/EDs for the last 4 or 5 volumes of the story, which would be a "season 2"

DreamOfRen

Webfic - My Succubus System

Intro - Toki Monsta - Clean Slate

Outro - Alina Baraz - The One (ft. Jada)

i think it would be an original song, since my stuff is kinda bizarre af.

it most likely would be a surreal hentai anime as well.

probably contact whoever composed boku no pico's opening and junji ito and ask them to collab.

for the ed, just a bizarre instrumental will do, since it won't have that much budget.