Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Okay

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Fail

Votes: 12 34.3%

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Redemit

From what I've been hearing they spent too much money making it and it's basically impossible for it to break even

Also there's this
you can guess how the movie will go with the director being that crazy

LilRora

Mostly formless
In my personal opinion they've set the expectations way too high. It will definitely be a good quality movie with all the budget that went into it, but good quality doesn't make a good movie by itself.

Productions that are widely advertised and long anticipated tend not to meet the expectations most of the time, and I don't think Avatar will be among the exceptions.

Last edited:

MajorKerina

I would never bet against James Cameron. I think it’s going to be amazing and globally it’s going to be quite significant. Whether it’s financially successful depends on how much money spent it needs to overcome, which has been a bit vague because of the protracted pre-production. Also the cost of the next few movies have been counted in this. I think it’ll be big but whether it’ll to be big enough for Hollywood accounting… who knows

FaustVoncleave

I hope it does well. I don't want James Cameron to end his Career on a low note, and this movie has the ability to end it if it flops with the insane amount of money spent on it.

AryaX

Avatar was visually "stunning", but I am not sure if it truly had much else going for it...

I was certainly never "hungry" for a sequel... :unsure:

D

Deleted member 54065

Is the new Avatar going to bomb?

IMO Avatar will have to need to enlist in the US Air Force, and the US needs to find a poor country with oil.

EternalSunset0

Will probably do fine, but it definitely won't be like the first one. I think people will go see it due to name recognition alone, but it won't be shattering records, and as you said, it's a decade too late.

I was actually surprised the first one did as well as it did. Then, it suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth a few weeks later, without leaving a cultural footprint, as they call it.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I rarely see these things when they first come out, so I have no clue.

OP1000

I think that the sequel is going to do worse than the first 'Avatar' movie.
The personal life of Sam(the MC that became one of the blue aliens at the end) really does not interest me anymore. They really waited too long for me to really have any interest in how things will turn out for the MC.[SPOILER/]

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
Isekai Space Pocahontas sums it up, ok so I liked the first one, cba with the second. I mean, it's an old film now, right?? Can't they just make some new stuff?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Now, there's two notions I'm bringing with me in the midnight premiere. One, it's gonna be mildly interesting at best, and okay at worst. It'll never reach the financial success of the first one, and it'll take a miracle for it to break even.

Two, it's James fucking Cameron. Even his worst movies are rife with filmmaking technical prowess. The guy made fucking Aliens and Terminator 1+2 (and some boat movie I keep forgetting). I'm physically obligated to catch whatever the fuck he puts on the big screen. If Avatar 2 turns out to be a psy op and it's just a 2 hour recording of William Friedkin glazing a film reel of Sorcerer with his male mayonnaise I'd pay to see it twice.

Gibbs505

Didn't care for the first one and not going to see this one.

ThanksALot

I think that the sequel is going to do worse than the first 'Avatar' movie.
The personal life of Sam(the MC that became one of the blue aliens at the end) really does not interest me anymore. They really waited too long for me to really have any interest in how things will turn out for the MC.[SPOILER/]
Pretty sure his name is Jake.
Guess that shows how forgettable the characters are.

rain-090

It's gonna somehow be the highest selling movie while simultaneously having no one you ever meet having seen it or being able to describe the plot

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
James Cameron had lost his touch years ago. Nothing he made past 2010 was any good and often had social justice shoved down the viewers throats. Ai-chan will bet that this movie will also involve him forcing every viewer to provide social justice deepthroat.