Writing Prompt Last 3 Pieces of Media

LifeContinuesOn

So take the last three pieces of media you've consumed to make a new story. I originally came upon this idea on accident, because I love fanfiction. So my original three was Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch; Naruto Shippuden; and The Time Traveler's Wife, and wrote out a rough draft of how that would work together. For me it was the spells from Ni no Kuni, Chakra from Naruto, and the Chrono-displacement from Time Travelers wife, which led to a bunch of offshoot ideas from there.
So what I'm saying is take three integral things from other pieces of media to shape a short story, or more if you wish*.
(Doesn't have to be exact, just the way it works, for example Chakra is just spiritual energy mixed with physical energy for jutsu so calling it any original name is fine as long as the system remains)
*All of my idea spawn this way but never thought about it until recently

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
How To Tame Your Princess, from Royal Road (That's where the insanity bits from my story come from) Fluff (the game-like system and the True Villain stuff) and Arifureta (Plotting Gods though mine isn't necessary a bad one)

Redemit

god of war Skyrim and a Harry Potter fanfiction

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
Hollow knight, Groundhog day, and a guro hentai (don't ask. My friend made me read it with her)

D

Deleted member 54065

Wow, so uh, I'm going to make a story about an Exile in lethally freezing lands, pursuing after his childhood friend.

(Coz I played Conan Exiles, Frostpunk and read a manga about childhood friends)

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Oh God, I have Nichijou, Tenchi Muyo, and Oblivion. Guess I have an intergalactic harems (not so) everyday life in the Empire.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Witch from Mercury, Doom Eternal Replays (I am still sick from the vertigo) and the Office.

A mecha highschool mystery drama which feature cringe jokes and lots of gore.

I mean, the dead clone children as Bits from Gundam is enough fridge horror, put in some humor and it might become a Cerebus Rollercoaster.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Do we count stuff we recently read here? Even if only the singular latest chapter? If so, I need to somehow combine Tree of Aeons, Pokemon Violet, and That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime. I am the Slime Tree, collector of monsters!

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Akame Ga Kill inspired a story about a dude trying to steal a weapon
Seven Deadly Sins inspired a story about a demon general trying to repent for his past deeds
Berserk inspired a story about a man who constantly strives toward his goal only to lose his trusted friends, sister, and any chance of happiness along the way

Together, they form a story about an ex-demon general attempting to steal a weapon from the devil to redeem himself only for his few friends to perish along the way.
Wow, so uh, I'm going to make a story about an Exile in lethally freezing lands, pursuing after his childhood friend.

(Coz I played Conan Exiles, Frostpunk and read a manga about childhood friends)
Lethally freezing lands? Is there a time limit to how long the Mc can stay to search?
Man, I wish I had a friend to read guro hentai with-
Man, I wish I had friends

Agentt

Thighs
"I used an AI to come up with GTA V challenges for me!"
"Clinical Psycology and it's applications"
"Short Stories for beginners in Dutch"

I am suspectible to the quality of what the result will be.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
"COD: MW2"
"Mato Seihei no Slave (harem manga about fighting other dimensional demons)"
"Ted (2012 movie)"

I guess I'm gonna be a super operative shooting demons and banging chicks with a sentient Boston Seth MacFarlane teddy bear by my side.

Tempokai

Overworked One
Golgo 13
Spec Ops in another world
Rescue system

Superhuman sniper gets transported to another world, and gets tied to rescue system.

Sound like a basic chinese urban fantasy. Hell no.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Halo
Company of Heroes
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Summary:

The world is at war and Earth is losing. Split into the factions of Nazi Germany, Allied Nations and Soviet Union, Earth stands divided against the growing threat of The Covenant, a race of bloodthirsty capitalists intent on drowning the Earth in debt. As the clock ticks, the Earth comes closer and closer to insolvency, and when that happens, the result would be massive seizures that could end with the auction of the planet itself.

Masterchief has a plan. He would lead the mighty fleets of Nazi Germany, the Allied Nations and the Soviet Union on a desperate journey across a galaxy swarming with malevolent forces of 'Capitalism Ho!'. But first he needs to negotiate with the venture capitalist Alouette to fund his journey, and that would not be easy as Masterchief might find himself forced to put his home up as collateral. Would he succeed in bringing Tear, the Prophet of Debt Collecting, to the negotiating table by force of arms? Or would this massive undertaking be his undoing?

Last edited: