Name the most badass protagonists you’ve ever known.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Samwise Gamgee from LOTR. Master Chief from Halo. Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. The Player from most RPGs(special mention to Dragon's Dogma, and Elder Scrolls).

Honorable mention to Velvet Crowe from Tales of Berseria and Aribeth de Tylmarande from Neverwinter Nights. They're both a little too edgy to be truly badass, but they're overqualified if you forget that.

I know I'm forgetting so many though...

Toripuru-S

Guts from Berserk, Dr. Kenzo Tenma from Monster and...Rigby from Regular Show :ROFLMAO: (He starts out as insufferable early on, but gradually experiences positive growth and ends up being waaaaaaaaay more likable than Mordecai)

patbateman123x

For me: Kazami Yuuji, Accelerator, Hakuto Kunai, Revy, Alucard, Shiba Tatsuya, Doraemon (say what you want; he’s my childhood hero!).
Juice Yuuji is king . I'd also like to add Asagiri Kaito whom Yuuji was based on but Yuuji vastly improves upon Kaito as a character though .Although Kaito's past is just as tragic but Grisaia was a really solid novel far superior than Akatsuki no Goei . As for other badasses from other VNS id add Narita Shinri although he has a lot of Chunni tendencies but his VA killed it , i'd like to add Askeladd from Vineland Saga ,Onizuka from GTO , Claire Stanfield from Baccano! also Archer from Fate

SailusGebel

If you are talking about manga or anime, then Hanma Baki, Goomoonryong(if he counts), Toriko, Ma Gangryong, Tatsumi Oga(maybe?), Kurohime, Dark Schneider, Kenshiro, D, Mad Bull, Jonathan Mar, Joukyuu Kunitoshi. There is a lot more, but I'm too lazy to recall all of them.

Hathnuz

Manga/Webcomics:
Airen (Reformation of Deadbeat Noble)
Akira (Rebuild World)
Adam & Buddha (Record of Ragnarok)

Games:
Jason (Far Cry 3)
Captain Price (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare)
Zer0 (Borderlands 2)

NobleTalon

Noble 6 from Halo Reach
Samus Aran from the Metroid Prime trilogy

as for manga / anime, I would say :
Gintoki from Gintama
Makishima from Psycho Pass

aattss

Two out of three protagonists from Spy x Family.

Roland from LoR, though that might be a spoiler. I'll just say it's nice to see a protagonist that isn't some blank slate noob everyman.

The protagonists from Virtuous Sons are so audacious everyone's convinced their cultivation is way higher than it actually is even when they tell people their actual cultivation level.

Macha

Not a Klutz
Rachel from Slow Prison Life
Rosaline from Shadowless Night
Scarlet from May I Ask For One Final Thing?
Shirley from MotoMusu
Victoria from Queen Victoria Winner Ostwen is the Proudest in the World
Viper from The Princess’s Double Life

SternenklarenRitter

Ash Catchem. Dude is supposedly a normal human, but consider the number of times he gets electrocuted, burned, cratered into a wall with psychic force, has his soul extracted from his body, gets entombed with ice, goes without food for several days, and gets shipwrecked or is otherwise washed away by stormy seas. You name it, Ash has lived through it. And he keeps coming back for more, seeking ever greater adventures and excitement.