People reading your story in 100 years

TotallyHuman

Have you ever thought about it? That in some hundred, two hundred years, there could very well be other people who will read your stories, your comments, your thoughts in the moment - after you are already long gone.
This thought hit me out of nowhere. That a part of me will live on even after "I" die, whether I like it or not. It will be the most transient, the most fleeting parts of myself that had died not long after I wrote them.
I don't know how I feel about it. How do you?

ModernGold7ne

That fly you can't swat.
Have you ever thought about it? That in some hundred, two hundred years, there could very well be other people who will read your stories, your comments, your thoughts in the moment - after you are already long gone.
This thought hit me out of nowhere. That a part of me will live on even after "I" die, whether I like it or not. It will be the most transient, the most fleeting parts of myself that had died not long after I wrote them.
When the people of the future read my work, they will say, "the author was a byproduct of his time."

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
They're gonna really wonder why the hell there are so many philosophical references to humanity being hypocritical and self destructive. That is, if my work survives a hundred years.

KrisVFX

God of Creation
Probably most of the novel sites will get shut down. idk why i feel that way, but thats what probably will happen.

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
The website would probably disappear by then one way or another lmao

Though if they do somehow find my story, well, thanks for wasting time.

i'm not sure. i feel that i might still be alive at that time.

probably the mixture of cringe and the feeling of totally forgetting what i wrote back then.

JayDirex

Everyman wants to leave a legacy. We all want the world to know that, "We existed once. And life mattered."

Dudealien

Pepsiman is my stand
They‘ll probably kill themselves after reading if suicide still exists

BlackKnightX

It’s possible. I mean, I still read old stories rom time to time. Actually, a lot of stories nowadays are inspired by those old stories, so maybe it could be the same in the future as well.

Linko

They will probably be wondering why the hell I only write isekai, and they will never know that the reason is...

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I think that would be delightful. I write to make the world a more accepting place, and people who read my story 100 years from now should hopefully be able to see the impact it made on the world.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I think they'll just think that it is an amateurish work, I guess? Not much more to say about it.

Maybe if my next novels end up better, I'd hope I could bring joy to people out there in the future with them~

But my first one? Yeah, that's amateurish.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Ai-chan isn't worried. In 100 years humanity will be more preoccupied with space exploration, zombie apocalypse, alien invasion or tectonic plate movement to care about reading Ai-chan's work.

I promise I'll read your stuff in a century and let your offspring know what I think