Phone?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Mostly, I use the desktop computer that my best friend built for me, but when I want to hear my mom's voice or my lover's voice, or when my husband is having a bad day at work and wants to tell me about it, I've got this:

K5Rakitan

I ain't got any phone. Last year my phone was stolen and I didn't bought a new one.
I had a pretty nice camera phone in 2009. It got stolen at work, and ever since then, I decided not to bother with something expensive.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
View attachment 2739
This is a headphone jack, it's where you can plug in your headphones. Apple removed their headphone jack so that you have to buy an adapter or their headphones to connect to the phone.
Oooooooooh~

... That seems so annoying! >.<
You generally don't need to take out your battery, most phones have a hard reset button. Like on most android phones its something like power + vol down for 5 seconds.

That said, I also prefer removable batteries in general. This is part of the reason I use my older phones more than my newer one. Android is also much better than iOS.
Well, that's nice to know, though I'd need to use another phone to google how to hard reset that specific iphone model of my friend... Still better than waiting for the battery to run out though~
Mostly, I use the desktop computer that my best friend built for me, but when I want to hear my mom's voice or my lover's voice, or when my husband is having a bad day at work and wants to tell me about it, I've got this:
I used a similar one for a long long time... But after my father bogged me for over an year to let him buy a smartphone for me, I yielded and we went to buy one together... >.>

And honestly, it's practical to have messaging apps like whatsapp, so it was a worthwhile purchase to me.

I remember it was kinda funny when I was in uni and my friend that was used to messaging apps had to use SMS to talk to me, and he like... Sent 3 or 4 SMS in a row because that's how he usually talked on whatsapp...
And well, I had to open one message at a time and stuff, and my replies took a while to type and had a limit of 500 characters or something... It was such a bother! xD
It still did its job nonetheless~

K5Rakitan

View attachment 2742
I top your phone with this creature from another universe.
Tempting, but having a mobile device is handy when I want to take a walk, Husband is too tired to walk with me, and I want to talk with someone rather than being alone with my thoughts. Especially with the whole social distancing thing these days, it's a good way to connect with people while getting some exercise at the same time. About two years ago, my upper back started giving me trouble in the mornings. It would wake me up early with an excruciating pins-and-needles feeling, which would dissipate about ten minutes after getting up. I started taking a walk every day, and that solved the problem! Therefore, I consider a daily walk essential to my health.

AliceShiki

Tempting, but having a mobile device is handy when I want to take a walk, Husband is too tired to walk with me, and I want to talk with someone rather than being alone with my thoughts. Especially with the whole social distancing thing these days, it's a good way to connect with people while getting some exercise at the same time. About two years ago, my upper back started giving me trouble in the mornings. It would wake me up early with an excruciating pins-and-needles feeling, which would dissipate about ten minutes after getting up. I started taking a walk every day, and that solved the problem! Therefore, I consider a daily walk essential to my health.
Physical exercise is important for everyone's health! \(^^)/

... Now if only I could remind myself of that... T.T

It's so hard to get the motivation to exercise! >.<

AliceShiki

I felt that. Was exercising enough before quarantine but just lost my motivation to do anything once it happened.
I exercised a lot regularly before I went to uni in a different city...

Then my schedule became a mess because of it, and even after I quit uni and came back, I just never ended up returning to my old exercise schedule... orz

--MON--

on android you can download ebooks, movies, series and many other things and transfer it to pc if you want to unlike the ios. but ios has better security than android.

i use a 3 year old android with 3Gb of ram and 32Gb of Rom + 128Gb microSd and it still works properly.

P.S. mine still has a 3.5mm audio port.

ajrunaway

LONG LIVE HORIZONTAL SLIDER KEYBOARD PHONES! (running the old dead windows mobile, NOT the new dead windows mobile, the old dead one was better)

I also have a Note 4 and a Galaxy 8+

Oh man, those were the days

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
S7
Don't need to miss the jack because it's still there. Fuck Apple for that no-jack bullshit by the way.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I was interested in an IPhone for about half a day. I got there and the saleswoman said it was 400 bucks (FOR A FUCKING USED MODEL GUYS!!!)...which was already a hell fuck no for me, but I decided to humor her and ask about repair costs or replacement costs or whatever. Replacement plan? Buy the warranty which is a 100 bucks, more than I paid for my first phone and current phone. Nope. Repair costs? They charge 100 bucks JUST TO OPEN IT AND LOOK, not even counting the ACTUAL REPAIR COSTS if something is indeed wrong with it. So I noped the hell out. I made sure to be a dick about it too and said, "Which demon am I selling my soul too beforehand? And do you want the right arm or the left? And can I substitute my thumb for my middle finger? I still find a lot of use for that finger in particular", which I said when I saw her actually fetching paperwork out...and I was like...."this lady really thinks she's got me hooked HAAAAA!0!!!"

So I went and got one of those slide phones that used to be popular in like 08 or 09. Found it at a pawn shop. Paid 40 bucks for it, works as well as anything I would ever need a phone for. I don't use a phone for internet, never needed to before they were capable of it, so I don't see a reason to start now. And I was never much for texting. I prefer to call so bleh on that too. Will never forget friends texting me to tell me to call them. I got to where I would call them, tell them to text me, then hang up.

Some of my buds still laugh when they see my phone and call me old man but eh, screw them. I love my slider.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I was interested in an IPhone for about half a day. I got there and the saleswoman said it was 400 bucks (FOR A FUCKING USED MODEL GUYS!!!)...which was already a hell fuck no for me, but I decided to humor her and ask about repair costs or replacement costs or whatever. Replacement plan? Buy the warranty which is a 100 bucks, more than I paid for my first phone and current phone. Nope. Repair costs? They charge 100 bucks JUST TO OPEN IT AND LOOK, not even counting the ACTUAL REPAIR COSTS if something is indeed wrong with it. So I noped the hell out. I made sure to be a dick about it too and said, "Which demon am I selling my soul too beforehand? And do you want the right arm or the left? And can I substitute my thumb for my middle finger? I still find a lot of use for that finger in particular", which I said when I saw her actually fetching paperwork out...and I was like...."this lady really thinks she's got me hooked HAAAAA!0!!!"

So I went and got one of those slide phones that used to be popular in like 08 or 09. Found it at a pawn shop. Paid 40 bucks for it, works as well as anything I would ever need a phone for. I don't use a phone for internet, never needed to before they were capable of it, so I don't see a reason to start now. And I was never much for texting. I prefer to call so bleh on that too. Will never forget friends texting me to tell me to call them. I got to where I would call them, tell them to text me, then hang up.

Some of my buds still laugh when they see my phone and call me old man but eh, screw them. I love my slider.
no Nokia? :blob_frown:
They brought out a new edition with a battery that lasts for a month.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
The classic "be a dick to the hourly employee" move, guy-Karen.

Discount_Blade

The classic "be a dick to the hourly employee" move, guy-Karen.
lol guy-Karen? Lol sure bud. Thats me. I have to let my inner-Karen out regularly or it evolves into a full-on Debra. If I continue to avoid doing it, I reach the point of no return. Tiffany. All rue the day a Tiffany is created.

Discount_Blade

no Nokia? :blob_frown:
They brought out a new edition with a battery that lasts for a month.
I don't trust it when they claimed something has new and improved batteries. My bad luck I suppose. Anytime someone says something has a longer lasting battery, it ends up dying out on me faster than the one it was supposed to be an improvement of. Also, I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars for just a phone. To me that's complete bullshit. They aren't worth that much and they make another just like the next year that costs even more so why bother paying that much in the first place?

Some places allow you to trade in older models for a discount on the newer but not every place does that even if they say its a brand/company's policy that they must. Quite a few people I know thought Apple or Android did this, and come to find out it was only certain stores, not all.