Some crazy lady threatened me with a knife.

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

I was afraid to tell people about this for a bit, but I thought I'd get it off my chest.

I live in an area of the city that isn't too great but is pretty safe for the most part. No one really attacks you or does anything to you at night because someone will always be awake to see that kind of thing happening. So, I feel pretty safe walking home at night. I got off work, and before I went home I stopped at the convenience store to get a drink and a snack. Some lady was in front of me in line, but I didn't think anything of it.

Anyways, I went home, put my stuff away, turned on my tv to get ready for a gaming session, then I grabbed a joint, and went outside to smoke it. I was about halfway through my smoke when I see the lady from the convenience store standing across from me on the street. The lady walks up to me, smiling wickedly while shouting: "I know what you do to kids."

The lady was accusing me of being a pedophile, and as she walked up to me she said: "I am a militant, I've been in jail before for hurting pieces of shit like you."

I'm not a pedophile, and I had never seen the lady before, but you can't really reason with crazy people. I just assumed that she would leave if I didn't do anything to her. If I pushed her or something, then that would antagonize her. So, I just did nothing, had my smoke, and waited for her to leave.

Then, she threatened me with a knife, and someone in my building shouted at her. They told her to leave, so she did, and I went back inside. However, I had a bad feeling, and I looked outside to see her sitting on a bench outside of the building in front of a coffee shop. I realized that, for whatever reason, she wasn't going to leave, and I wasn't going to be able to relax knowing that a crazy lady was outside of my building staring at it with a knife in her bag.

So, I called the police. They arrived, and she told them the same thing that she told me. She apparently said that she was a militant, as though that would either make them afraid of her, respect her (one of the officers was a woman. So, maybe she thought that claiming that she was a militant feminist would, I dunno, get her some support. Girl power, I guess), or make them think that she was right, and I was a pedophile, which would make her actions defensible. She was obviously crazy, and I think that announcing "I'm a militant," to police officers is a good indicator of how crazy she was.

She was arrested because she had a criminal record and wasn't actually supposed to be carrying around a weapon at all, much less concealing it and threatening a stranger on the street. I pressed charges against her, and I gave the police my statement, but it still unnerved me even though I knew she was going to jail. A crazy lady like that might come after me once she leaves jail. It's kind of a chilling thought.

This isn't the first time I've been threatened like that, but it is the first time that the person didn't immediately leave. It's the fact that she stayed outside, watching my building, waiting for me to leave, that frightened me.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I was afraid to tell people about this for a bit, but I thought I'd get it off my chest.

I live in an area of the city that isn't too great but is pretty safe for the most part. No one really attacks you or does anything to you at night because someone will always be awake to see that kind of thing happening. So, I feel pretty safe walking home at night. I got off work, and before I went home I stopped at the convenience store to get a drink and a snack. Some lady was in front of me in line, but I didn't think anything of it.

Anyways, I went home, put my stuff away, turned on my tv to get ready for a gaming session, then I grabbed a joint, and went outside to smoke it. I was about halfway through my smoke when I see the lady from the convenience store standing across from me on the street. The lady walks up to me, smiling wickedly while shouting: "I know what you do to kids."

The lady was accusing me of being a pedophile, and as she walked up to me she said: "I am a militant, I've been in jail before for hurting pieces of shit like you."

I'm not a pedophile, and I had never seen the lady before, but you can't really reason with crazy people. I just assumed that she would leave if I didn't do anything to her. If I pushed her or something, then that would antagonize her. So, I just did nothing, had my smoke, and waited for her to leave.

Then, she threatened me with a knife, and someone in my building shouted at her. They told her to leave, so she did, and I went back inside. However, I had a bad feeling, and I looked outside to see her sitting on a bench outside of the building in front of a coffee shop. I realized that, for whatever reason, she wasn't going to leave, and I wasn't going to be able to relax knowing that a crazy lady was outside of my building staring at it with a knife in her bag.

So, I called the police. They arrived, and she told them the same thing that she told me. She apparently said that she was a militant, as though that would either make them afraid of her, respect her (one of the officers was a woman. So, maybe she thought that claiming that she was a militant feminist would, I dunno, get her some support. Girl power, I guess), or make them think that she was right, and I was a pedophile, which would make her actions defensible. She was obviously crazy, and I think that announcing "I'm a militant," to police officers is a good indicator of how crazy she was.

She was arrested because she had a criminal record and wasn't actually supposed to be carrying around a weapon at all, much less concealing it and threatening a stranger on the street. I pressed charges against her, and I gave the police my statement, but it still unnerved me even though I knew she was going to jail. A crazy lady like that might come after me once she leaves jail. It's kind of a chilling thought.

This isn't the first time I've been threatened like that, but it is the first time that the person didn't immediately leave. It's the fact that she stayed outside, watching my building, waiting for me to leave, that frightened me.
Oh wow, there is nothing much you can do actually, once she is out, you better start checking corners. Either pray that she stays locked up for so long until you are out of her mind or get a self defense pepper spray and maybe a rape whistle. Not a joke, crazy people are the hardest to deal with, I had my nose cracked once by one and the police told me to man up and STFU, I did not press charge because the police told me it will be my own expense. I got health insurance though so my nose is almost free, but the notion that crazy people can get away or get off lightly without being locked up scares me.

Ps. I could tell you to go full xianxia and take a bat to beat her senseless once she is out, but lets be honest, you want to go down the crazy lane as she did?

Monicazeny

Are you perhaps living in america?
*just curious. your neighborhood seems dangerous.

Generik0

I guess you gotta arm up if she ever got off with this.

Tbh this looks like something that would happen in America but what do I know.

Last edited:

Stratothrax

Be glad it wasn't a gun I suppose. At least you stood a chance to physically overpower her if she decided to attack you with the knife.

Monicazeny

Well, it's only a knife. u can use something bigger like a chair or baseball bat to defend yourself

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
Yeah someone also pointed a knife at me too...about 3 years ago? or 2? around that time...So it's in 6-7 Am in the morning so no one is around. And I walked up down to the road to the nearest pickup public transportation while using my phone. And suddenly I felt someone tapped my shoulder and grabbed it.

A long-haired man to the shoulders with a fucked up face and red eyes.( I don't know how to exactly translate it to English sorry)
"Hey, can you come with me" he asked with a deep voice and I see his eyes look down. His eyes are red. This man is drunk and probably a narcotics.

When I look down I see a knife/short sword (I don't know) pointing at my stomach.
Have you ever read a line in the novel 'I feel my legs getting weak and want to slump down'? Yeah, I felt that. I think my face is so pale back then
My thought is in chaos and no lie I'm scared.
There's an instinct that if I followed him something that's not good would happen to me. And if I act like a superhero, I would end up worse maybe dead.

But hey! no one knows what's gonna happened. I remembered a scene from a comedic show I watch the day before it about someone kicking a man balls. And man, I don't know what's into me but I choose to do that to him.

Maybe because he saw me scared, he moved the knife into his jeans
1600141289786.jpeg
He grabbed my shoulder and the other hand moved to grab my phone.
And I do something stupid (probably?) and kicked his balls. And push him and yeah. I screamed "HELP" so fucking hard I really want to break my lungs if I can, he fell down for a few seconds. Some people come out from their house and maybe panic, He started to run into the alley on the side of the road.

Let's stop at that because I really don't want to remember that shit again.
Believe it or not, getting a knife pointed at you wasn't a decent experience. But thankfully that didn't traumatize me. But It makes me scared and I don't go to school for a few days. Yeah fucked up Country and neighborhood is where I lived.

Yeah sorry if you don't understand some of my words because I'm really bad at describing experience but better at writing something I imagined like a novel.

Last edited:

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

Are you perhaps living in america?
*just curious. your neighborhood seems dangerous.

Canada. Near the notorious East Hastings street.

It was quite a big knife, I would have been scared to take her on with it just because if I grabbed it I would have probably hurt myself, if I punched she might have gone for the arms/chest. I might have kicked her away, then dashed for the door if she had attacked. Or, since I wouldn't be thinking rationally in the situation, I might have gone for the neck and choked her until she passed out.

But, yeah, it just really freaked me out that she seemed to be attempting to, kind of ineptly, stalk me afterwards. She thinks I did something wrong, she's crazy, and she wants to hurt me. That's absolutely terrifying.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
sound
Oh wow, there is nothing much you can do actually, once she is out, you better start checking corners. Either pray that she stays locked up for so long until you are out of her mind or get a self defense pepper spray and maybe a rape whistle. Not a joke, crazy people are the hardest to deal with, I had my nose cracked once by one and the police told me to man up and STFU, I did not press charge because the police told me it will be my own expense. I got health insurance though so my nose is almost free, but the notion that crazy people can get away or get off lightly without being locked up scares me.

Ps. I could tell you to go full xianxia and take a bat to beat her senseless once she is out, but lets be honest, you want to go down the crazy lane as she did?
sounds like half of Detroit, ESPECIALLY where I live. Hell, last week there were some 12-13 year old kids, like 4-5 of them that went along my road smashing car windows and crushing mailboxes just because. Luckily I was headed to get my mail and I caught them a few houses down on the way to mine. I have never been more proud of my aim. Threw a rock a caught one in the forehead and knocked him off his bike as he came for my mailbox. They all ran. Haven't seen the little shits since.

Gotta love it.

As for weapons though, I have two .44 Magnum revolvers and some kind of bolt action rifle. No idea what make or model, it was given to me. Then I keep a small .38 revolver underneath the seat of my car. Then I have two bowie knives. I keep one of the bowie knives belted to my side more or less everywhere I go in Detroit because this city is dying. It was always bad, but ever since GMC Motors closed, a third of the city is unemployed, and large sections of neighborhoods are completely empty with entire streets of houses abandoned and all kinds of squatters and various other malevolent peoples staying in them or using them as hangouts/headquarters. I live near one of these abandoned areas and I know some of the people I should keep at length by name since I went to school with many of them.

Everybody's talking about how bad New Orleans and Chicago is, but no one knows about Detroit because so much stuff goes under the radar since so much of the city is basically abandoned and empty. Hell, I bet some of the people on the government wanted lists here are staying in some of the abandoned neighborhoods here.

I actually think I saw this guy a few days ago in just such a place and he has been on the run since Illinois which isn't far from me.

Last edited:

averagewriter

I was once walking down an empty street. When suddenly two people asked me about the time, I usually use the phone to check out the time. But as I was quite honest at that time, I did the most stupid thing I could have done, took out my phone. The funny thing is that, at that time my intuition was sending me some crazy alarms, my body ended up acting faster than my mind though.
And yup, it was snatched away the moment I took out.
Luckily for me though, those two were quite stupid as each of them ran in the opposite direction of the other.
I was able to catch that stupid piece of sh*t in the end and take back my phone.
But I still regret not beating the h*ck out of him back then before he ran away.
Ehm.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
If you're American, remember: 2nd Amendment Rights. Your safety comes before everything else. The moment someone comes attacking anyone with a gun, they've valued your demise over their own livelihood. At that point, they're pretty much asking for it.

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

If you're American, remember: 2nd Amendment Rights. Your safety comes before everything else. The moment someone comes attacking anyone with a gun, they've valued your demise over their own livelihood. At that point, they're pretty much asking for it.

I'm Canadian.

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

If you're American

it isn't just you in the thread, you know

Don't talk down to me because you felt the need to profess something that you feel strongly about that somewhat aligned with my story in this thread, but not completely, then were called out on it.

A while ago someone called me out for referencing an American movie because "This is an international site. Don't assume everyone is American and understands what you're talking about."

It's one of the reasons I hate this forum. It seems like people are fighting against the idea of being liked, and some people are desperately searching for a reason to be justifiably angry.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Don't talk down to me because you felt the need to profess something that you feel strongly about that somewhat aligned with my story in this thread, but not completely, then were called out on it.

A while ago someone called me out for referencing an American movie because "This is an international site. Don't assume everyone is American and understands what you're talking about."

It's one of the reasons I hate this forum. It seems like people are fighting against the idea of being liked, and some people are desperately searching for a reason to be justifiably angry.
If I ever want to straight away reference your egotistical ass, I would've quoted your message and replied to you directly. Since there's a hundred other guys before you, I decided to write that out talking to not just them but people who'd stumble into this thread too. Just because you made the fucken thread doesn't mean everything directly ties to you, even if half of the guys up there do so.

Hell, I even added (if you're American) to those who'd might be confused as to whom I'm referencing, which is ANYBODY that might read that message.

If you can't catch that nuance by the first three fucken words, you really have no right to be angry at anyone but yourself. You don't hate this forum because it acts some way. You hate this forum because it doesn't act according to your standards.

Fucking hell.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
This whole thread makes me feel like I’ve yet to face my knife threatening trials and that I will one day experience this before I can ascend to true adulthood.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
sound

sounds like half of Detroit, ESPECIALLY where I live. Hell, last week there were some 12-13 year old kids, like 4-5 of them that went along my road smashing car windows and crushing mailboxes just because. Luckily I was headed to get my mail and I caught them a few houses down on the way to mine. I have never been more proud of my aim. Threw a rock a caught one in the forehead and knocked him off his bike as he came for my mailbox. They all ran. Haven't seen the little shits since.

Gotta love it.

As for weapons though, I have two .44 Magnum revolvers and some kind of bolt action rifle. No idea what make or model, it was given to me. Then I keep a small .38 revolver underneath the seat of my car. Then I have two bowie knives. I keep one of the bowie knives belted to my side more or less everywhere I go in Detroit because this city is dying. It was always bad, but ever since GMC Motors closed, a third of the city is unemployed, and large sections of neighborhoods are completely empty with entire streets of houses abandoned and all kinds of squatters and various other malevolent peoples staying in them or using them as hangouts/headquarters. I live near one of these abandoned areas and I know some of the people I should keep at length by name since I went to school with many of them.

Everybody's talking about how bad New Orleans and Chicago is, but no one knows about Detroit because so much stuff goes under the radar since so much of the city is basically abandoned and empty. Hell, I bet some of the people on the government wanted lists here are staying in some of the abandoned neighborhoods here.

I actually think I saw this guy a few days ago in just such a place and he has been on the run since Illinois which isn't far from me.

Dude I swear I fucking know you!! And I've been to Detroit a few times. I'm from Brooklyn, same shitty kind of place as Detroit....just slightly less cold? Maybe? Message me back dammit!! PM or whatever.

Last edited:

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off

Half of us are assholes. The other half are awesome. Then there is that middle ground called Awe-Assed. Some of us slip in and out of there on a regular basis.