There are so many red flags it's funny

Terok

I just got an offer from Tynan, "an editor from another platform" (even though the PM name says aaelite2.
Apparently, they read my story and want to talk about distributing it on their platform.
The thing is, if you are a scout for a site, I have my doubts that your profile will have only existed for the last 11 hours (found out after simply clicking their name).
Not to mention the fact that the site for their email, after googling it, is connected to Swordystory, which has been known for scams before.

Needless to say, watch out for anyone offering distribution from ringdomstory.com

I had to screenshot from my phone since my computer just captures a blackscreen for some reason.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200815-113625.png
    Screenshot_20200815-113625.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 205

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I got an offer like that from the same person and was feeling a little skeptical. Glad to see other people feel a little put off by it too and that I wasn't just being paranoid.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
there seems to have been a fair few of these sorts of scammers lately.

strayCat0

Other
I got the same offer from the same account and that Tynan guy just a few hours ago. Nonetheless i ignored it.

Terok

I mean, why put effort into it if some people will fall for it anyway?

I'm not some loose creator who'll open my wallet for just anyone.

They have to make me feel they care. (#^.^#)

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Someone needs to actually answer them and lead them by the nose for some entertainment :blob_popcorn:

FireflyFanatic

Rawr. Trans rights.
They claim to be an editor, and make mistakes like that? Hell nah. That’s a scam.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
I guess I have a question on this topic as well. I’ve had my fair share of offers. So my question is: Did they reach out through Scribble Hub or did they reach out via your personal email? I’m just curious since I just received something in my personal email but I’m not too sure about it. It doesn’t seem to have many grammatical errors. I’ve been burnt by a “publishing“ company when I was young and dumb, and I’m not about to do the same thing. I might just email webnovel’s support page to confirm the validity.

Last edited: