Welcome thread for the newbies!

amethyststorms

Hi there! I'm Amethyst but please call me Amy. I generally read and write based on my mood. Sometimes I feel like some kick-ass action, other times I like some slice of life.

My hobbies include reading and writing (duh), cooking, watching anime, and drawing (I'm not the best, I just do it for fun). I like stories that have a solid plot (meaning little to no plot holes!), solid characters, and decent writing.

I just joined today! I have a Wattpad account but the website isn't the same as it used to be. So yeah, here I am!

I just posted one of my stories on here. Still waiting for its approval. I'm looking forward to reading some works on here as well :)

devilDestroyer22

Hello everyone! I'm devilDestroyer22, you can call me devil. I'm a novice writer who loves to read and write during my free times.

My hobbies are basketball, anime, video games, singing and running. I love some fanfics as well. I joined scribblehub a couple days ago, so I'm still new to the website and the forum. Looking forward to posting my story and read some hidden gems. 👍

Mr.HonestReview

Pls support my novel, My Runic Ability is Copy Paste.
I already published 10 chapters and more chapters will come within 10 days.
Thanks!

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Hello~

I'm an author who has been publishing on royal road and wattpad until now, and I was told to publish here as well by.... a friend. So I went and basically, half-heartedly, copy-pasted the first 5 chapters published so far and called it a day, or actually a night, totally prepared that it will go completely unnoticed and buried in countless other novels posted here.
But after logging in a couple of hours later I was pleasantly surprised, seeing that it's not the case, so I went and edited some formatting that didn't quite carry on with copy-paste and a couple of typos I noticed.

Then I noticed that, just like royal road, this site also has forums. I'm willing to check this place out and see if I like the community, and if I do, stay here for a while longer.

I like all kinda media. For me story is the most important thing, regardless if it's a textbook, a manga, a movie or a video game. Last year I got into xianxia and related genres of fiction, and it influenced me heavily, possibly for the worse.

D

Deleted member 64531

Hi there, folks! I'm Effie, an editor by day and a wordsmith by night. Since I'm a newbie, I thought I'd introduce myself a little!

My favorite genres to read (and write) are historical fantasy, noir comedy, drama, and paranormal fiction. Sometimes I'm in the mood for romance or sci-fi or something random. Oh and I'm obsessed with pirates. My favorite books are the Johannes Cabal series, If We Were Villains, and The Sea Rover's Practice.

My writing is often inspired by Middle Eastern culture (I'm from there) or pays homage to it in some way. Growing up as a Middle Eastern booklover, I never found stories with characters that looked like me or were from my part of the world, so I decided that I would write some myself. As Beverly Cleary once said, "If you don't see the book you want on the shelves, write it." And I start more WIPs than I can keep up with, heh 😅

Anyhoo, I'm excited to be a part of this community! I hope y'all have a lovely day, wherever you are in the world 😊

BlindSerpent

Hi All, I just joined a few days ago!

Name/Nickname you want us to call you - Serpent? Luci?
Hobbies/interests -
writing, drawing, art-related things
Genres you read often/tags you often look for -
high fantasy and litrpg, recently got into sci-fi as well
Your favourite novel/read and WHY;
all time favourite is the lord of the rings because of the immense world building. I also really liked "The Road", amazing characters.

and even some of the stories you wrote on scribble hub.
- my story is in the signature :D

JMMatheis

Hi, my name is JMMatheis, and strangely I have been known as Fuzz, Fuzzy or the Limited Express... (we won't go there)

My profile name is what I will go by.

I am also over at Royal Road, Wattpad (Still trying to work out how to even be seen there) and here of course.

I have been writing since I was in early high school, after my head exploded due to destroying the school library's scifi/fantasy fiction section in less than a year and a half. (no, it was not a small selection of novels, I drove the librarians crazy, a Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance trilogy a night was common for me at the time, LoTR was a two day affair)

The other reason was because I was unhappy when I found out my favourite author's next book was over a year of waiting away (waiting was horrible).

I was obsessed with Lord of the Rings, the Dark Tower, Drizzt and anything else along those lines. So, deep world building, character depth and life and dynamic action.

Suddenly, without warning after uni, I shut everything down. Stopped writing, reading and I spent 12 years in a vacuum. Except for the worlds that kept on living inside my head getting some occasional notes written when they got too loud.

Finally, a student of mine asked me a question when I used a piece of my own old writing as an example for editing and punctuation: Where is the rest? (my student was NOT happy with me shrugging my shoulders, really not happy)

That burning question, along with indulging in almost unreasonable levels of anime, led me to reopening a word97 document just over a year ago. Since then I have been non-stop. Every day without fail, writing. And I just can't get enough.

My current story in the signature I started in January this year, is almost done (currently 150,000 words, I am uploading as I make the second pass of editing). I wrote a substantial history at the end of last year that is still gradually climbing past the 140,000 word mark. I also have an unhealthy obsession with the concept of trilogies.

Hobbies? Writing, drawing, gaming and watching anime (not much at the moment, writing mainly), getting into reading again. I also enjoy RC hobbies among other things. I also am recording my chapters as an audio book, thanks to a special request by my significant other (who is obsessed with audio books)

As I said, just saying hi, and I am looking forwards to being a part of the community.

Check out my writing if you will, I hope you enjoy.

Kind Regards,

JMMatheis

PumpkinKing

Hi my name is Shawn but you can call me Pumpkin if you want. I love reading, painting, crocheting, coding and anime! I also have a small comic book collection. I'm epically in love from BlackCat from the Marvel Universe call me a simp idc. I havn't read much light novels, I just made my account today. If you have suggestions msg me some! I'm inspired by my sister to start reading and creating my very own light novel. I'm mostly into isekai, fantasy and adventure! You can also check out my new story im creating with my sister called "Reincarnated as a Pumpkin!". If you could I would be very thankful!

Okay

The Bored but Lazy
Hello, my name is Okay.

I like to read and stay indoors, write my novels when I feel like it, go to school, sleep, eat, play sports.

Some genres I like right now are fantasy, sci-fi, and Yuri. I used to be obsessed with CN cultivation novels, then got disappointed because I prefer to read novels with female protagonists, and most of the cultivation novels that I’ve read are all the cliche type. The reason why I for some reason just can’t stand male protagonists might be because the few times I do read stories with male protagonists, they all have a harem, which I absolutely abhor. So I think now my subconsciousness does this whenever I see a novel with a male protagonist: male protagonist= harem= hate

My favorite novel right now is Salvos. The humor and adventures are what hooked me in. Also the part where she punched jerks in the nuts.

I am writing two novels. Both Yuri. One a fantasy, the other sci-fi. Auto correct always correcting annoyingly.

Nice to meet everybody.

I will probably go by Valor, and i mostly read fantasy adventure/action while trying to avoid harem/mature/nsfw/romance that add nothing to the plot, and stuff like that.
I like to read, draw, and have fantasy delusions of things like beasts or monsters fighting or starts of plots in my head, though i dont write, but i have been starting to try to make my own story because it seems like fun.
I am always open for critism or suggestions, (heck, or even just name ideas, i am terrible at decent sounding names)
See you all around i guess?

D.S.Nate

Hey everyone I'm D.S.Nate, I'm a writer through and through. I like games, anime, movies, books and the like. Besides anime and my wild imagination, I'd say that games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts are what files my writing. I've been writing for years and although my interests have changed and expanded I'd say that they have been the most consistent thing for me.

I can also talk about writing all day and have been putting up writers' podcasts on Youtube. I use to animate (shout out to pivot (if you know you know)) and have those up online too. The story I'm currently working on was birthed from some of my old animated projects which is kind of mad when I think on it now lol.

I was told about this site by a good friend, apparently, its readership is more up my alley so I'm just here trying to find like minds to go on this journey. Well, I hope to see you guys around and have a great day.

LadyIsak

Well. Hrm. Hi.

I tend to go by Zak in English, I live in the UK, but I was born in the Soviet Union a couple of years before it became 15 different countries, and I’m a writer and a programmer.

I mostly read whatever I can find, but I prefer SFF/Horror and non-fiction. I’m returning to writing regularly after a pretty long hiatus, and I registered for ScribbleHub because a friend is posting her MMO Isekai series and it looked like it may be a pretty good place to post my own serial fiction and read other people’s serial fiction?

(Speaking of: said serial fiction on ScribbleHub and the self-hosted version)

And I’m rather at a loss as to what else to say, to be quite honest. My hobbies are *checks notes* writing and programming … uhhhh, oh! Tabletop RPGs and also Final Fantasy XIV. I used to be an occasional part of the local gay clubbing scene, but the ongoing ~Global Situation has rather put a stop to that. So it goes!

I’m excited to be writing again, and hopefully I’ll remember to actually participate in the writers’ community here, since I tend to be a little asocial when left to my own devices.

chapter1king

Hi there,

I live in the UK for the time being, i write fiction / fantasy.

Nice to meet you all

Reactions: Doe

Doe

Hello guys, after months of reading in guest mode I finally decided to make an account to comment, and interact with the hard working authors of my favourite stories !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IncognitoAlbatross

Hi! I'm IncognitoAlbatross, call me whatever.
I'm actually trying to become an actress! I used to do competitive dance, but I stopped a few years ago.
I LOVE magical girl stuff (at the moment anyway), so I'm looking for stuff like that. Most of my story ideas are actually for magical girl stories, and I'm currently writing one. You can check it out here.
I haven't read many webnovels, so I don't really have a favorite.
I'm on some other sites too, like Royal Road.
Anyway, I hope to have fun reading and writing here.

theInmara

Hi!

We are the Inmara (they/them - plural), a rather large plural system. You don't have to include "the" when you refer to us, but we like it. (examples of usage: as a form of address - "hello, Inmara"; third person - "that's the Inmara over there")

Each one of us has a different special interest and hobby, and there are a lot of us. But the strongest shared interests in our system are neurology, psychology, cosmology, quantum physics, weird edge of science bologna, drawing, writing, and TTRPGs.

We're suckers for transformation stories, alternate realities, spiritual and alien cultures, plurality, and psychic abilities.

We have a growing reading list of stuff we plan to tackle here on Scribble Hub. So far we've only read Murbelass' Help! I'm falling for an alien! Which we LOVE. But, currently, our favorite novel we've read is On Both Shores, by Clarence L. Harper IV. It meets almost all the criteria we just listed above, and furthermore is full of characters and beings that feel like family to us. If you like the idea that the monster under you bed might have actually been your ally or guardian, it's a very good book to read. It's published through Amazon.

Anyway, our webcomics are still hosted on a website, most of them, and accessible if you search for Harmless Free Radicals or Epic of Sally. But we've mostly abandoned them and don't fully recommend them anymore. We've grown a lot since making them. And we are publishing our first novel, Systems' Out!, here on Scribble Hub.

OnlyIndie

Name: OnlyIndie

Hobbies/interests:
Read Indie stuffs of multiple genres.

Genres:
All genres... other than Slice of Life.

Hi, I'm new and how this thing works is yet to be explored. I am seeking to read some good indie stories here.

Space_Pickle

Hello there!

My name is Pickle. I'm into cyberpunk and (alternate) history, but also space opera or space western.
This is what I read most of the time, and my favorite book is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Yes, it's not what you'd expect after this short introduction. I'm also very fond of weird tales, and goofy characters.

Also, I spent most of my childhood eating cereals and watching Cartoon Network.

My sugar-coated mind recently gave birth to a series of books called The Future That Never Was, an extended universe of space bounty hunters, chain-smoking talking cats and 90s era movies references. It's nothing more than a fever dream but maybe it can make you laugh from time to time. If you like Cowboy Bebop and Borderlands, this is for you. And it's on scribble.

If you know stories that would match this absurd setup, I'd love to read them!

Cheers from the 90s!

Last edited:

softmoonblade

Hello there!

My name is Pickle. I'm into cyberpunk and (alternate) history, but also space opera or space western.
This is what I read most of the time, and my favorite book is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Yes, it's not what you'd expect after this short introduction. I'm also very fond of weird tales, and goofy characters.

Also, I spent most of my childhood eating cereals and watching Cartoon Network.

My sugar-coated mind recently gave birth to a series of books called The Future That Never Was, an extended universe of space bounty hunters, chain-smoking talking cats and 90s era movies references. It's nothing more than a fever dream but maybe it can make you laugh from time to time. If you like Cowboy Bebop and Borderlands, this is for you. And it's on scribble.

If you know stories that would match this absurd setup, I'd love to read them!

Cheers from the 90s!
Greetings Space Pickle,

Also a fellow new user here. When you mentioned cyberpunk I immediately thought of an infant novel I commissioned art for on Royal Road by OtherSlater. If you search up "AKM: AUTOMATED KILLING MACHINES" it should come up.
It's still at its infancy as of now, but just to let you know so you might have an extra option to peruse after it builds on the chapters. Best wishes to you in your writing/reading journey!

softmoonblade

Hey yall,

Nickname: If anyone sees this just call me blade
Hobbies/interests: Art, writing, piano
Genres you read often/tags you often look for:
I usually look for a mix of action and/or adventure, as well as isekai/transmigration (the infamous truck-kun, persay). Sometimes Chinese historical settings, but not recently. Romance is a big plus if it's with the former two genres. But unfortunately, I can be a hard person to please. Writing quality plays a large part in keeping me engaged.
Your favourite novel/read and WHY

One of my favorite novels is called My Dearest General: It Has Always Been You. You can find it on WebNovel. It's essentially a thriller story in the viewpoint of a mute reincarnated girl that meets her first love in her former life in a hospital--who is a general. Never thought I would read a thriller or a setting like this, but the writing quality swept me away and kept me engaged for over 100 chapters.
Then add anything you like
I've done free RoyalRoad art cover commissions and am eager to look for new victims on this site hehe. As well as maybe posting my novel(s) on here. Yes my profile pic is drawn by me.