What do you think of Ritoria?

UnknownSaint171

A new writing site popped up but I'm not really optimistic so far? But I'm very curious what benefits it'll give its writers

It reminds me of TapRead, where it's already been infested with yaoi novels,ect. Just dead lol. I think ScribbleHub got lucky. I like ScribbleHub but not sure how active?
But I'm really starting to understand the charm RoyalRoad has for Readers, it's more focused on Originals and much easier to find. Just thinking about it, even makes me tempted haha. But on WN it's a bit of a mixed-up. Only what's on the front page and good works get easily buried....

Honestly, it'd be a lot easier to read on these sites, if they had apps.. It's getting harder for me to read on the desktop. My eyes are getting picky.

I'm not sure about Tapas? How is it for writing there? I don't think they pay writers, do they?

Last edited:

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
RR is good for readers in it's general design but finding anything that's not one of the uber popular categories is hard, especially as the tagging system is middling at best.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
A new writing site popped up but I'm not really optimistic so far? But I'm very curious what benefits it'll give its writers

It reminds me of TapRead, where it's already been infested with yaoi novels,ect. Just dead lol. I think ScribbleHub got lucky. I like ScribbleHub but not sure how active?
But I'm really starting to understand the charm RoyalRoad has for Readers, it's more focused on Originals and much easier to find. Just thinking about it, even makes me tempted haha. But on WN it's a bit of a mixed-up. Only what's on the front page and good works get easily buried....

Honestly, it'd be a lot easier to read on these sites, if they had apps.. It's getting harder for me to read on the desktop. My eyes are getting picky.

I'm not sure about Tapas? How is it for writing there? I don't think they pay writers, do they?
What the hell is Ritoria

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'll have to look it up when I find time.

Kalebell

Time. Time is an artificial construct, an arbitrary system based on the idea that events occur in a linear direction at all times. Always forward, never back. How do you find time? Carefully?

That's so deep broski 😔

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I'm gonna try it since they have a feature that apparently allows you to pay them to promote your story on the front page. That, and you can get paid for chapter views. I have to look into it more but I may start posting my stories on there as well.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
It reminds me of TapRead, where it's already been infested with yaoi novels,ect.
????

I opened TapRead and I didn't see a single BL novel on the front page. How can it be "infested"?

Mortrexo

This is from its TOS. Idk about you but I don't like this sentence at all.

1654379070304.png

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•

View attachment 14244
Ritoria OR licensors (authors)

the site has paid content and free content so it makes sense that Ritoria is mentioned as IP holder

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
looking at the genres, the website is very lgbt romance orianted, which isn't bad per say. There should be a website like that that the type of people that read those types of stories can easily access, but that kind of limits its growth. My take on how RR and SH got popular is because they started pandering to an already large demographic, ie; weebs, then branched out to include many other genres of story.

If that site stays the way it is, I don't see it growing anytime soon.

View attachment 14244
I get owning a fraction so they can have originals, but if thats what I think it is, they could potentially just ban you, keep your novel, and ask someone else to continue writing if they don't like you. Big industries, especially the cartoon industry, does this all the time and its a scummy practice that needs to die.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

View attachment 14244
Wow wow wow, that's huge. If they have all intellectual property rights by default, you're practically throwing away your rights by posting there. They have the right to ask you to remove your stories from other sites, the right to redistribute your stories as they wish, the right to sell your stories as they wish, the right to keep your stories for as long as they want, the right to reproduce your stories in other forms (such as comic), the right to ask someone else to write your stories instead of you, the right to keep the stories after kicking you out of their site and even the right to rewrite the story as they wish.

A good contract should be the other way around, in that the authors own the intellectual property rights except those who signed up for commercial use with Ritoria.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Just use kiwi browser instead of dedicated apps. It'll also let you install ublock to get past browser finnickiness.

halfBlooming

Like @JenLeifire quoted:
You hereby grant Ritoria a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Content in any and all forms, formats or media.
Also I found this:
  • You are entitled to post the Content on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
It seems that we're part of "Ritoria and/or its licensors", but that's so suspicious, and intentionally misleading. They might try to say you still fully own it, but
Unless otherwise stated, Ritoria and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Ritoria.
Automatically assumes that Ritoria holds a part of its rights if you don't state it otherwise. Huge redflags.